Okay, this is a rather vague request, but bear with me...
Basically, I'm tempted to do something with the Assimilation Academy
trope. Meaning, this story would involve some sort of strict, conservative highschool or college, most preferably of the sort that is also a boarding school. As mentioned, this would be a strict, disciplined place, with lots of rules, as well as uniforms - or, at least, some sort of individuality-crushing dress code.
Some examples of the place I have in mind:
- an all-female, elite private boarding highschool
- a conservative all-female college
- a nursing school
- an idea for a dystopian setting: a paramilitary training facility where some young adults are drafted into as a part of some government policy
In any case, I'd like to explore what it's like to be in a place like that. It could be a realistic story of a young woman that has to face strict authority daily and has to survive in a place that frowns on individuality and free-thinking. On another hand, there could be a sci-fi / mystery / horror aspect to it, with the school actually using mind control to make the people become obedient and completely alike (like in the movies such like Disturbing Behavior
or Zombie High
A separate issue we could also explore is some sort of stigma / prejudice being tied to attending such a place. For once, my character (a female) could meet someone from the outside she'd like to become involved with romantically - but she'd be seen as just a stuck-up girl from an annoying school. The variation of the "two people from different social circles" romance...
Overall, there are a few themes we could explore here. So, I'm looking for writing partners interested in playing any kinds of characters: female students, male love interests, scary professors etc. Whatever my writing partner would like for the story focus to be.A important note about character ages
: this story could place in either a college (with the characters being young adults) or at a highschool-level institution. In the latter case, the school's students will be at least 16 years old (like in my country's version of highschools). Also, if there will be sex themes involving such highschool-level characters, the characters involved will be strictly of similar ages. In fact, I'd like to reserve myself the right to decide that any sex scenes with these characters would fade to black.
So... anyone interested in developing a story like that? Feel free to PM and let's talk :)Addendum! Addendum!
I'm still interested in this idea! That said, at this moment, I'd especially be interested in two variants of the story:
- the sci-fi version of the story I mentioned before, the one with overt mind control / brainwashing / hypnosis. A story like this would like Stepford Wives set in school or college. The lead character would arrive there, she would find out that most of the students are strangely disciplined and alike... and then, she'd find out that there's a plot behind it! And that, soon, she might be turned into another of these robotic students herself...
- an "oppresive" take on the story, where the school (while not using anything too fantastical) is really out to take away the students' individuality. So: strict rules, obedience and conformity drilled into the students etc.
Considering that both of these versions are a bit unforgiving toward the characters, I'd be inclined to set this story as some sort of college-level institution. Maybe the story could take place in some sort of "dystopia-in-the-making" kind of setting, where ordinary colleges are being replaced by an oppressive regime with more strict institutions?
Anyway, if you'd be interested in RPing a story like that, please PM me! :)