You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 08:09:16 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Firefox crashing regularly whenever Flash Player is running.  (Read 376 times)

Offline NachtmahrTopic starter

• Glorious Fiend.
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • The curse of life is the curse of want.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Firefox crashing regularly whenever Flash Player is running.
« on: February 16, 2015, 07:00:35 PM »
Hi.

Whenever I put a video running with Adobe Flash Player into fullscreen Firefox has a tendency to crash if I click on anything else. I run with two monitors, and I tend to watch videos on the secondary one. By 'tend to' I mean I do it all the time, so this is kind of a huge issue.

Does anyone else have problems like this? It doesn't happen every time, but a rough 50% wouldn't be far off.

Offline Rebelle

• An unwished upon star, a dream unfulfilled || Rebbie || Regret's BB | Codexa is my Writing Wife | His Sleep Siren | Reap What You Sow |
  • Lady
  • Seducer
  • Wait.. My give a damn broke, Sorry.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Firefox crashing regularly whenever Flash Player is running.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 07:02:58 PM »
Have you recently installed the newest Flash update?

I would suggest uninstalling using their uninstall feature (search UNINSTALL) on the adobe website, then download the latest version of Flash, and run it.

Also make sure that all of your drivers are up to date as well as Java.  You may need to uninstall all old versions of java via your control panel before updating it again.

That's what's helped me in the past.

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 08:25:13 PM »
I have a similar problem with Firefox and usually run videos in my IE browser because Adobe is a pain in Firefox.

Offline NachtmahrTopic starter

• Glorious Fiend.
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • The curse of life is the curse of want.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 12:57:09 PM »
Have you recently installed the newest Flash update?

I would suggest uninstalling using their uninstall feature (search UNINSTALL) on the adobe website, then download the latest version of Flash, and run it.

Also make sure that all of your drivers are up to date as well as Java.  You may need to uninstall all old versions of java via your control panel before updating it again.

That's what's helped me in the past.

I'll try this.

And I'm glad to see I'm at least not the only one. It's definitely getting on my nerves. I'm at the point where I'm considering to just give up on Firefox altogether.

Offline Lrrr

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 03:50:00 PM »
I have the same problem on my dual monitor setup and also on my single head machine.  After checking into it, the problem is in Adobe's code but there doesn't seem to be any real interest on Adobe's part to fix it.  Latest versions of all the relevant software and drivers doesn't seem to help the problem and it's been around for at least the past six months.