You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 06:10:17 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Movies You Feel Bad About Not Liking?  (Read 2729 times)

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Movies You Feel Bad About Not Liking?
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2015, 12:10:32 PM »
I've heard people say a lot of the things they added in the movies was stuff that was in Tolkien's original notes for the Hobbit and that several years after the original release of the Hobbit book, he wanted to release a version with all the left out stuff and someone was like "Hey, not a great idea" and if that's true, then whomever that person was had the right idea. I also kind of hated the elves in the LotR movies. Elrond wasn't nearly as much of a douche in the books. So I go into the first Hobbit movie like "Yeah, dwarves, cool. A cameo of Legolas, but whatever, man, dwarves!" and then? Just two and a half movies of hapless dwarves that would have been fun if their distinct personalities came with an ounce of competance being saved by the blond ninja of Mirkwood and the chick he's into. I say two and a half because the dwarves were almost getting it together in the first one. But it still had some elves pissing me off. Like Elrond being all like "Gandalf, bad wizard. You're grounded." Bitch, please. Gandalf the Grey has to ask your pointy eared ass for permission?

I think I'm glad I stuck with the Rankin/Bass versions.

Offline CaptainNexus616

« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2015, 04:42:11 PM »
I don't like the fact Gandalf found out about Sauron 60 YEARS BEFORE LORD OF THE RINGS AND DID NOTHING!!! Seriously that is lazy writing at its finest.

Plus I hated Alfrid

Offline Zekromnomnom

« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2015, 06:35:37 PM »
No Gandalf didn't do anything because Elrond, Galadrial, and Saruman were all like "No,dude, it's cool. We don't need to worry. We're dumb and other than Saruman who outranks you, you're listening to us elves when you're a goddamn wizard for no reason." I'm not saying it's not lazy writing, it's just not as much Gandalf's fault.

I actually mostly forgot about Alfrid. But now that I do, yeah, that was a waste of time in the movie.

Offline Beorning

« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2015, 06:55:26 PM »
Guys, just remember that Gandalf discovering that the Necromancer is Sauron is actually a canon thing. It was Tolkien who made it that way...