You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 09:02:42 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Swelling Cell Battery  (Read 281 times)

Offline Drake ValentineTopic starter

• Architect of Worlds
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • Making Your Darkest of Fantasies a Reality
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Swelling Cell Battery
« on: January 04, 2015, 08:18:52 AM »
Hmmm, long story short, I got some new batteries for my cell since the last one was a bit swollen on one side and didn't hold much charge.

With the new battery, it hasn't been a day and I notice a similar swell crease occurring in about the same spot of the last one.

Is that normal?

I am leaning on a no, especially with a brand new battery just put in. I did not charge it any before inspecting it or popping it in the cellphone before using it. Also, for the phone itself, I didn't really use it for anything to drain the battery, other than keep it on as an acting 'clock' while I worked. So no internet surfing or anything of that sort that may of cause heating to the battery.

I never really paid much attention to inspect batteries much before, so dunno if this is natural. The battery type is, lithium-ion if that matters any.

Online vin26m

Re: Swelling Cell Battery
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 02:11:48 PM »

Offline Ms Gavane

Re: Swelling Cell Battery
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 11:37:26 PM »
A swollen battery is always dangerous, and a sign of a defect or other failure. I had a similar situation with a cell phone that I used as an alarm clock for a few years.

If you just purchased the battery I  would return it, if that's an option. Otherwise, it is best practice to dispose of the battery.

Any visible swelling in a battery is a sign of failure.