The Seabright Family
"On the surface, tyrants can exercise their iniquitous laws, fight, devour each other, and indulge in all their earthly horrors. But thirty feet below the sea's surface, their power ceases, their influence fades, and their dominion vanishes. Ah, monsieur, to live in the bosom of the sea! ... There, I recognize no master! There, I am free!"
-- Captain Nemo, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
Table of Contents
- Putnam "Putt" Seabright: The youngest brother, serene, patient, strong;
- Carter Seabright: The older brother, tempestuous, adventurous, proud;
- Danto Seabright: The father, unwavering, fierce, and silent;
Scenes of Interest:
- Seabright Keep: A placid keep made from corral stone;
- The Kraken: Carter Seabright's ocean-going vessel;
Items of Interest:
- Tidal Wave: Putnam's enchanted guisarme;
- Flood: Danto's magical sword;
Putnam "Putt" Seabright
Guardsman, formerly Fisherman/GathererPhysical Description:Age:
Aquamarine (Bluish Green)Build:
Athletic, SlenderGeneral Description:
Putt Seabright is a tall, long-limbed young man with broad shoulders and large feet. He is handsome, with a clear and serene face. He dresses modestly, and prefers soft, loose clothes that can dry quickly. When on duty as one of the Exiled's sentinels, he wears his father's old ceremonial guard armor. The armor, though regularly maintained, shows wear and modification -- Putt has frequently refitted the armor since receiving it from his father five years ago. Putt is lithe and sinewy, and is frequently found on his off-hours enjoying the island's beaches.Notable Features:
Putt possesses gills and webbed toes. Additionally, his pupils are constantly dilated when on land.Historical Background:Skills and Abilities:Skills:
- Excellent Swimmer: Putt learned to swim before he could crawl, and has devoted much of his free-time swimming in the deep. He is strong enough to swim against currents and is capable of treading water for long periods of time, even while clad in armor.
- Knowledge of the Deep: Putt is incredibly proficient at foraging the deep, and knows the deep-sea caverns that surround the island. He is also an accomplished deep-sea hunter.
- Armor Repair: Through sheer determination and necessity, Putt taught himself the art of armor repair. He is capable of smithing rudimentary pieces. His work is functional, but very ugly.
- Guardsman: Putt has completed his training as a guardsman. He is proficient in the use of sword and shield, pole arms, and crossbows. He understands battle tactics and knows how to follow orders.
- Underwater Adaptability: Putt can breathe underwater and his webbed feet act like flippers. He can also see clearly at 500 feet below the ocean's surface, and is not affected by the water's salinity. He is able to withstand five atmospheres worth of pressure.
- Tidal Wave: Tidal Wave is an enchanted guisarme that once belonged to Putt's mother. It allows its wielder to rocket through the ocean at speeds exceeding 50mph. Tidal Wave is known to have other magical powers, but Putt does not know how to activate them.
- Full Plate Armor: Putt inherited his father's armor, and has had to modify it constantly to fit his body as he grew. It was of masterwork quality and made of ebony steel, mined from the deep. It does not rust.
Privateer, SmugglerPhysical Description:Age:
Aquamarine (Bluish Green)Build:
Carter Seabright is a tall, muscular man. He has worked aboard a frigate since he was a child, and bears the marks of ship-life well. He is dark-skinned from the sun, and his hands and feet are rough from climbing and pulling thick, heavy ropes. He bears an angry demeanor, and is prone to have an ill temper (readily visible and so easily avoidable). He has a wild, unkept appearance.Notable Features:
Carter possesses gills and webbed toes. Additionally, his pupils are constantly dilated when on land. His hands are callused from pulling ropes, and his body is adorned with a hodgepodge of scars. He has an abnormal gait due to a rigging accident. He has acquired a number of tattoos throughout his travels.Historical Background:Skills and Abilities:Skills:Abilities:Paraphernalia:
Councilman, formerly merchant captain;Physical Description:Age:
Danto Seabright is the husk of what was once a robust, powerful man. In his youth, he was handsome, like his two sons, but now, he bears a haggard appearance. Though he is only sixty, a life of adventure and battle has robbed him of two decades of life. He now ambles along with a cane and is hard of hearing. He dresses in a distinguished manner, often adorning himself with the remnants of his military regalia.Notable Features:
Danto still wears his wedding band, though his wife joined the hereafter more than two decades ago. Unlike his children, he is not an elemental and does not bear any distinguishing marks. A long life of adventure has broken him physically and mentally, and it shows.Historical Background:Skills and Abilities:Skills:Abilities:Paraphernalia: