You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 12:26:44 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Gotham: What is the actual date?  (Read 255 times)

Offline Garuss VakarianTopic starter

Gotham: What is the actual date?
« on: November 04, 2014, 05:25:31 AM »
This is a simple question. People dress Noir, a lot of the sets feel old timey, but then theres more modern cars and cell phones. What is the time they seek to film this in? And does it's closeness to modern days, completely ruin any chances for Batman to have any future connections with Arrow or it's Spin off Flash? I am a big dc fan, and would hate for there not to be a connection. Since, honestly television is where fox should focus their efforts. Marvel took over the big screen, so fox should logically take over the small one while they still can. (Full force I mean. Ie: Moving their properties together on television. Going all out on there, with an advanced and ever flowing story line. Which doesn't limit it'self to 1 or 2 hours.)

That aside. What is the time line for this show? Really?

Online Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Gotham: What is the actual date?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 06:45:45 AM »
Actually to me it looks to be set in the mid to late 90s. It is a bit anachronistic, but that's part and parcel for Gotham.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 08:06:35 AM »
Actually that is on purpose. In one of the featurettes they commented on it. They wanted a timeless hard to place point in time. Classic and modern cars, cell phones and the rest.

Offline Garuss VakarianTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 09:06:06 AM »
I see, this makes sense. It still feels a bit jumbled, but with that in perspective it at least has a charm to it. Thank you Noire, as well as you Inkidu.

Online Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 09:20:57 AM »
The only thing I really believe is that Gordon is a vet of Desert Storm not the current conflicts. Though they've hardly been disambiguous about it as previously said. 

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 10:06:12 AM »
I'd say they are just keeping it intentionally vague   

Offline mia h

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 04:47:04 PM »
Callie's featurette  :-)

And I don't believe they are planning any links between the shows on the different networks. So Arrow, Flash and Supergirl (if/when it airs) will all be linked up but none of them will go within a mile of Gotham or Constantine. Gotham's second episode made reference to the Dollmaker as an international child smuggler but Arrow had it's own,  now deceased, Dollmaker who was a Starling City serial killer.