[noembed]First off, this topic is WONDERFUL, thank you so much for it, Spel.
OK, so I've got a little special CD, as it plays over an hour :) Also, I do love music and it varies in genre and I can say, that only songs, that I rarely fast forward, made it. I realized that even though I do have a vast collection of foreign music, I still listen to a lot of Czech music. I made a list of favourite songs, then I trimmed the Czech ones and this is what has left.
1. Kansas - Carry On My Wayward, Son
- aka Supernatural fans' anthem
2. Elvis Presley - (Marie's the Name) His Latest Flame
- probably only for the sound, but what A sound
3. Bruce Springsteen - Dancing in the Dark
- you see, I have a sister, who's twelve years older than I. I sort of grew up on her hits and her heroes and Bruce was one of them.
4. Gloria Estefan - Hoy
- for the Spanish ancestors I have, I guess. Lovin' almost everything of Gloria, but the line "Tengo una frase colgada entre mi boca y mi almohada, que me desnuda ante ti" in this song just gets me.
5. Shakira - Ojos Así
- probably for the text and lines like "Le pido al cielo solo un deseo que en tus ojos yo pueda vivir" "The only thing I ask of heavens is that I could live in your eyes" in it, it's just so ingenious.
6. Apocalyptica feat. Ville Valo and Lauri Ylönen - Bittersweet
- I'm a voice pervert and these two should be enough of an excuse.
7. Andrea Bocelli ft. Lara Fabian (or Hélène Ségara? this confuses the hell out of me) - Vivo Per Lei
8. Lara Fabian - Adagio in Italian
- Adagio is a baroque composition of an Italian composer, Tomasso Albinoni, that has a certain, almost mythical, touch to it. It has various interpretations nowadays and I personally dig also the one of Cyprian soprano singer, Marilena Solomou
9. Lara Fabian - Broken Vow
- I doubt it is possible to paint, picture, describe or name feelings this song fills me with. Lara is my favourite singer of all time. She can put so much emotions to her texts and songs it sends chills down my spine.
10. The Complete Recordings, LotR soundrack - The Grace of Undómiel
- I'm a "Learning-Elvish" level of LotR freak, so... don't even get me started. Because I may not be able to stop.
11. Amanda Marshall - I Believe in You
12. Reamon - Tonight
13. Vanessa Williams - Save the Best for Last
14. Vaya Con Dios - What's A Woman
I don't really have anything special to say about the last four, but there they are. :) Yes, I do like classic music, I also like certain samples of rock, punk etc...[/noembed]