You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 08:11:02 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Plot bunnies! [m/m] [Open]  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Observing TriflesTopic starter

Plot bunnies! [m/m] [Open]
« on: August 12, 2014, 04:33:04 PM »
Hello! Thanks for taking the time to browse my little collection of plot bunnies. Please keep in mind that these are just starting points, and that plot will be discussed in more detail over messages. At this time, my interests are quite varied, which will reflect in the following list. But first, a little summary about what I'm looking for.

I write stories involving m/m relationships. I like romance, but it doesn't have to be the fluffy sort - angst is fun too. You'll find that I'm very open to most kinks, but if you're curious, here's my list of yeses and absolute no-nos. I'll happily write as either a top, bottom, or switch.

If anything catches your attention, please send me a message and don't post in this thread. Also, please note that this list is not comprehensive. I have a ton of ideas, I just have a hard time writing them all down. More fully-formed ideas can be found here. If nothing there appeals to you, but you have an idea for which I might be suited, feel free to message me. I'm always looking for something new and exciting. :-)

- Trifles

« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 08:47:40 PM by Observing Trifles »

I. Fantasy
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 04:40:11 PM »
Fantasy

Faust

Setting:
Fantasy.

Themes:
Magic, dark romance, a touch of comedy(?).

Summary:
In a quest for vengeance against those who have wronged him, a struggling mage calls upon a devil from the Depths to give him the power he needs to settle the score. The devil agrees, but his price is high. In exchange for power, the devil will live with him in the mortal realm - which he finds considerably more entertaining than the Depths. To sustain himself, the devil must be allowed to feed off of the mage's magical energy, to the point of excess if he so chooses, as this is the only way he can maintain corporeal form.

In contrast to the mage who is quiet and bookish, the devil is a hedonist and a trickster, not above tormenting the villagers with waking nightmares and hallucinations to amuse himself. To the mage's chagrin, he also has the tendency to bring drunk humans back from local taverns to sate his lust.

The story would follow the pair as their contrasting personalities clash, held together only by the symbiotic nature of their relationship and the devil's budding possessiveness over the mage.

~*~

Ties That Bind

Setting:
High fantasy.

Themes:
Adventure, romance, incest.

Summary:
Having never known his father and having lost his mother as a child, Celair's primary education was the school of hard knocks. The young elf struggled as a petty thief, worked the odd job, even fell into life as a slave before at last reinventing himself in his adulthood as a ruthless mercenary.

Enter Ardreth, a powerful, thousand-year-old elven mage with a job tailored for Celair's particular set of skills. The payout is nearly too good to be true, but there's no catch, only great risk to life and limb. Between the dangerous task before him and his companion's flighty personality - in stark contrast to his own stolid demeanor - the mercenary gets just a touch more than he bargained for. And imagine Celair's surprise when Ardreth reveals they share the same blood...

Ideally, the big reveal would be that Ardreth is Celair's estranged father. But if that doesn't sit well with you, this can be adjusted to make them brothers. They just need to be related somehow, and the closer the familial ties, the better.

Ordinarily father/son incest squicks me out a bit, but in this case, I'm alright with it as Ardreth had no part in his son's upbringing. Their relationship would thus be a purely romantic one.

~*~

The Necromancer

Setting:
Either fantasy or modern-fantasy.

Themes:
Magic. Possibly adventure. Hopefully romance.

Summary:
A necromancer, medicine man, and purveyor of macabre curios, Draenai has found a place to settle in the dark corners of a bustling city where he conducts his business, relying on word of mouth to attract his clients. He's a solitary sort, primarily out of self-preservation, for a spider-demon isn't exactly welcome in polite society.

1.) Conducting business as usual, Drae's idyllic life of relatively calm obscurity is interrupted by the presence of a new magic-user in his city. Where the necromancer takes satisfaction in silence and order, the other is loud and extroverted, disrupting his quiet. And worst of all, to Drae's great frustration, the other has taken a liking to him... This would see Drae being shoved out of his comfort zone, which is probably very good for him, as he is very set in his ways.

Drae is a creature of night and darkness, and for this version, I'd like the other magic-user to be one of light. An elf or fae would probably be best, one with enough confidence and resilience of personality to not give up when Drae shoots him down over and over again.

2.) Despite considering himself worlds above common mediums who communicate with the dead, Drae accepts an overly generous offer from a noble family, who after the untimely death of their son seek the aid of the necromancer to find closure. He succeeds in his endeavor and returns to business as usual, but soon discovers that he took home more than his fee. Owing to the fact that Drae is the only one who can see or hear him, the ghost - longing for company - imprints on the necromancer and follows him home.

3.) Skills such as raising zombified corpses and communicating with the dead come easy to necromancers of Drae's caliber. Restoring both a body's true soul and vitality is, however, a different story, as most risen corpses will decompose over time. In his pursuit of this goal, Drae inadvertently traps the spirit of a demon in the body of a human - a demon he has met and exorcised before, one who holds a grudge.

~*~

The Bodyguard

Settings:
Either high fantasy or sci-fi.

Themes:
To be determined.

Summary:
The story would follow a man of wealth and power - such as a nobleman, politician, etc - and his budding relationship with his new bodyguard. For the bodyguard, I'm wanting to stay away from the typical huge, burly, muscled brute, and instead leaning toward one who is lean, sleek, and agile.

The bodyguard would come from nothing, having no background in nobility or wealth. He would thus be drawn to the lifestyle offered by his employer, and eventually become something of a right-hand man.

~*~

Jewel of the Pacific

Setting:
Modern fantasy or high fantasy.

Themes:
Will vary based on who Saphyr is paired with.

Summary:
In the years since they were officially discovered, merpeople have become the equivalent of modern fashion accessories. It is not uncommon for wealthy executives to keep aquariums filled with exotic fish, but merpeople are exceptionally rare and as such, only the wealthiest and most privileged of people with all the right connections can acquire them. Merpeople are finicky pets, however, and require very special attention. If they are unhappy, they become reclusive and refuse to eat, until eventually, they die of starvation. Because of this, it is not uncommon for the owners of aquariums to hire full-time handlers to care for their pet merpeople.

As rare as merpeople are, they are generally categorized in rarity by hair and tail color. Green is considered the most common tail color among merpeople and black is the most common hair color. Blue tails and white hair are exceedingly rare traits on their own, but having both in only one merperson is almost unheard of. Saphyr is one such merperson.

~*~

The Familiar

Setting:
Modern fantasy or high fantasy.

Themes:
Bondage, eventual romance, possible dub-con (depending).

Summary:
He was an animal once, but a special sort. The sort who could feel the call of a magic-user ready to take on a familiar. Now he's bound to the magic-user, able to morph between animal and human form, destined to serve and assist for the rest of his life.

1.) Perhaps he turns out to be the perfect familiar, ready to help the magic-user with advancing his skills.

2.) He loathes the idea of servitude and rebels at every chance, until the magic-user has earned his respect.

Despite the master/servant nature of the pairing, that aspect does not have to carry over to their sexual relationship.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 08:49:25 PM by Observing Trifles »

II. Sci-Fi
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 03:23:08 PM »
Sci-Fi

The Born

Setting:
Modern. Maybe futuristic/cyberpunk/biopunk.

Themes:
Vampirism. Action/adventure.

Summary:
Xander is one of the Born; a half-breed abomination resulting from the union of a vampire and a human. His kind are exceedingly rare, often sought by humans and vamps alike as Daywalkers, immortal hunters who can fight for either side and are capable of movement during the day. More common are members of Quinn's faction - the Reborn; half-breeds manufactured in a laboratory to meet the growing need for Daywalkers.

The Born tend not to respect the Reborn, considering them lesser, synthetic versions. Regardless, both Quinn and Xander have an intimate knowledge of the loneliness that comes with immortality, which brings them together in spite of the general unfriendliness between their kinds.

I'd like to see them joining forces to fight some great evil, the details of which we can work out together.

~*~

Newborn Vampire

Setting:
Any.

Themes:
Possibly bloodplay, hopefully romance.

Summary:
Selected by a vampire as prey and left to die, Christian is a fledgling creature of the night. Without a sire to guide him, without a clue as to what he really is, he is left to discover a new world of darkness all on his own - until a powerful vampire with a penchant for strays finds him...

~*~

The Wrong Side of Heaven

Setting:
Modern fantasy.

Themes:
Superheroes. Action/adventure. Tumultuous romance.

Summary:
A story in which hero and villain have known each other since childhood, build a strong partnership, and make drastically different choices in life that leads them apart - but doesn't break their bond.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 08:46:31 PM by Observing Trifles »

III. Modern/Realistic
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 04:40:17 PM »
Modern/Realistic

Infidelity

Setting:
Any.

Themes:
Possible bondage, forbidden romance, cheating.

Summary:
Dr. Nikolaj Wolff is a married man, well-off thanks to his career and family money, who no longer loves his wife. They still share the same bed, although Nikolaj often entertains the urge to move into the guest room. As an outlet, he seeks out the company of younger lovers - more recently, one in particular...

His partner can be almost anyone, really. He works at a hospital, so he could get involved with someone who works there, but I think I'd prefer it if they met outside of work. His partner could be a neighbor, the adult son of a family friend, or even the cute barista who makes his coffee every morning.

In this case, I would be playing Nikolaj.

~*~

Cirque

Setting:
Modern.

Themes:
Drama, romance.

Summary:
[Char A] is a longstanding member of a traveling human circus troupe, performing gravity defying aerial acts. He takes his art seriously and uses every spare moment to train. [Char B] is a newcomer with a similar set of skills. Unlike [A], he takes a more laid-back approach to his art, which [A] sees as sloppy.

At first, the two performers do nothing but clash. But eventually, they find common ground...

~*~

Mental Hospital

Setting:
Modern, maybe modern fantasy.

Themes:
Bondage, possible dub-con, possible edgeplay, eventual (twisted) romance.

Trigger Warning:
Cutting and possibly other means of self-harm.

Plot under the cut because triggers.
Combating a lifetime of numbness and a lack of purpose, Phoenix likes to cut himself. He likes it so much, in fact, that the habit has almost killed him on numerous occasions. He's been in a mental hospital for some time, long enough that he knows how to get around the orderlies who would deprive him of the sharp things he needs to get through the day.

It's in the hospital where he meets either...

A.) A kindred spirit who also thrives on pain.

B.) Someone who likes to inflict pain on him.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 08:46:18 PM by Observing Trifles »

IV. Period/Historical
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 09:56:08 PM »
Period/Historical

Crimson Peak

Setting:
Victorian/Edwardian England.

Themes:
Gothic romance. Supernatural. Mystery.

Summary:
A dark and complex romance between Sir Thomas Sharpe, a once wealthy Baronet, and his new American paramour. Their relationship seems idyllic at first, but they face a ghostly danger when they reach Sir Thomas's family home - the mysterious Crimson Peak.

I'm most interested in playing Sir Thomas, but I'm willing to be flexible here.

~*~

The Raggle Taggle Gypsy

Setting:
Either historical or fantasy.

Themes:
Drama, forbidden romance.

Summary:
Brennan is a rambler, wandering about the countryside at his leisure. A man of simple needs, he lives a very minimalistic lifestyle, taking only a knapsack and a guitar on his travels. He relies on his musical talent to pay for food and lodging, rarely staying in one town for long before wanderlust takes hold.

It's his free spirit and zest for life that endears him to a nobleman. The nobleman is Brennan's foil; responsible, an upstanding member of society, and engaged to be married. So imagine their surprise when a mutual attraction blossoms, prompting Brennan to stay in town a little longer.

~*~

The House of Weber

Setting:
Austria, circa 1880.

Themes:
Romance. Mystery.

Summary:
Max Weber is a wealthy man, but a broken one trying to pick up the pieces after his wife's abandonment. A year passes and he seems to have moved on. Not only that, but he's also taken a new lover, a younger man roughly ten years his junior. His reputation forbids him from making their affair public, however, much to his younger companion's chagrin. Worse yet, in recent days rumors have circulated that Max isn't all that he seems. Word has it that his wife didn't leave him, but was murdered - by Max's own hand.

Notes:
I intend for the details of Max's marriage to unfold as the story continues. I'm still developing the idea. That said, I don't intend for Max to be a villain. The story would begin with Max meeting his new lover, spend some time developing their relationship, and explore the drama that unfolds when people start seeing him as a potential murderer.

For this story, I'd like to play Max. Looking for someone to play his younger lover. The details of his character, such as age, social standing, and appearance are completely up to you.

~*~

Climbing the Social Ladder

Setting:
Victorian Era or fantasy.

Themes:
Incest.

Summary:
Twin brothers Autumn and Winter had humble beginnings. Born into a poor family with neglectful, abusive parents, they had only each other for support during their formative years. Determined not to live in poverty for the rest of their lives, they ran away as teenagers and never looked back. As adults, they work as thieves and con artists to carve themselves a better life.

Notes:
This plot has a lot of possibilities. Given their thieving natures, they probably don't stay in one place for very long, and their travels could take them anywhere. Perhaps they find themselves in way over their heads after conning the wrong person? Also, while conceiving this idea, I had initially thought of making Autumn a more feminine individual while Winter is more masculine, but it won't be a deal breaker if we don't include that. I just like the idea of one twin turning on the feminine charm to trick rich, older men out of their money.

I'd be willing to play either twin.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 08:46:03 PM by Observing Trifles »

V. Beast/Human
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 03:10:04 PM »
Beast/Human

La Luna

Setting:
Fantasy.

Themes:
Werewolf/human sex.

Summary:
This one is pretty straightforward. A beautiful, lustful incubus wanders into the woods and has a wild night with a werewolf in his animal form.

Notes:
This story could simply be a oneshot of smutty smutness, or we could try developing it into an actual plot. See below. I would gladly play either the wolf or the incubus.

La Luna 2.0

Setting:
Fantasy.

Themes:
Animal/human sex.

Summary:
In this version, the creature is a cursed prince. Once a proud ruler and a hunter, he has been transformed into a reedwolf for some random indiscretion. Determined not to spend the rest of his days on four paws, he seeks the help of a mage to restore him to his human form. Unfortunately, the mage is someone the prince has crossed before.

Notes:
The details of the pair's rocky relationship is up for discussion. But I'm thinking that perhaps the prince had the mage branded as a criminal, or perhaps sent him into exile for one reason or another. Whatever the case, the prince is a jerk and the mage won't want to help him at first - unless the prince does something nice for him in return.

Beauty and the Beast

Setting:
Fantasy.

Themes:
Beast, romance.

Summary:
What if the Beast isn't just a cursed prince with a peasant for a prisoner, but the wolf-like slave of a selfish noble? At the start of this story, the Beast is the one in need of saving, and it's up to a newcomer in the household to set him free.

The Beast could be a former noble transformed by a curse, werewolf, or some other supernatural means, and consequently removed from his throne, which leads to his enslavement. He could also have simply been born into that station. Either way, I intend for the Beast to be non-human. His partner will, however, be human - or at least humanoid.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 08:45:52 PM by Observing Trifles »

VI: Pairings List
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 08:51:38 PM »

Pairings

Pairings aren't necessarily in top/bottom format.
Italicized text indicates the role I would prefer in the pairing, if applicable.

Artist/Photographer x Model
Competitive dancer/figure skater x Coach/Other dancer
Death god x Human/Angel/Anyone really
Demon x Angel
Drug dealer x Drug addict
Fae x Dark Fae
Merman x Anyone
Prince x Royal advisor
Prostitute x Client (Married client is an optional plus)
Stripper x Client (Married client is an optional plus)
Twin x Twin
Vampire x Fae
Werewolf x Fae
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 08:43:12 PM by Observing Trifles »

Re: Plot bunnies! [m/m] [Updated - 08.02.2015]
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 07:15:07 PM »
Updated with a new idea.

Re: Plot bunnies! [m/m] [Updated 10.23.2015 - Craving Crimson Peak]
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 07:56:56 PM »
Updated. Craving Crimson Peak.

Re: Plot bunnies! [m/m] [Updated 11/11/2015]
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 05:50:47 PM »
Updated.

Re: Plot bunnies! [m/m] [Updated 07/07/2016]
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2016, 08:07:36 PM »
Tidied up, added a new idea.

Re: Plot bunnies! [m/m] [Open]
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 08:31:33 PM »
Coming back from vacation and looking for some new stories.

Current cravings include:

The Necromancer
Infidelity

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2016, 02:13:01 PM »
On the hunt for new stories once again. :-)

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2016, 08:56:37 PM »
Cleaned up quite a bit and added a new idea.