You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 27, 2016, 01:53:08 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Freeform bundle of holding  (Read 329 times)

Offline Thufir HawatTopic starter

Freeform bundle of holding
« on: February 14, 2014, 07:07:58 AM »
I think many GMs can learn from the games in the new Bundle of Holding, which is called, accurately enough, American Freeform.
So I'm leaving the link here, visit it and you can decide for yourself whether to purchase it, the minimum level sure is cheap enough.

Diclaimer, I am in no way affiliated with Bundle of Holding, its owner or the designers in the American Freeform games, except as a customer ;D!

Offline Ebb

Re: Freeform bundle of holding
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 11:03:41 AM »
This is a really good deal. Some really excellent designers have their work represented here.

Some people might be more familiar with the term "larp" rather than "freeform", though one could argue endlessly about categories and distinctions. Close enough for government work, though. Some larp scenarios would work really well for forum games, actually, given the relatively light mechanics and the easy ability on a forum to have side conversations or private discussions.

Offline Thufir HawatTopic starter

Re: Freeform bundle of holding
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 12:30:09 AM »
LARP, not to be confused with LAPD, isn't always freeform, though >:). AFAICT, all the games in this bundle of diceless set-ups that offer structure for playing the game you've planned, which might be useful to other people wanting a similar game.
Either way we can agree that most of them, and probably all but I haven't read them, would work on a forum as well.