So. =3 While having a huge amount of spare time on my hands, and being in a huge mood for a few certain themes (thank Weapons of the Gods, Qin and All Flesh Must Be Eaten for that), there's a couple of ideas I've been dying to play out. Sadly, found no-one willing to run next to any kind of game recently, let alone specifics...
As I was saying. I'm very open to ideas (and very eager), but I'll list a couple of ideas I've had in mind that I've been dying to try out. The system used is open to debate. =3
- An extremely cliche, esoteric style wuxia game. Something like Fushigi Yuugi, Forbidden Kingdom, InuYasha... Normal guy somehow ends up in ancient China/Japan, and as some chosen hero, must travel the world going from as weakling student through to a kung fu prodigy, learning secret forms through punching waterbowls, sleeping on beds of smoldering coals, and the like. That kinda' thing.
- Once again, another lovely cliche idea: Zombie apocalypse. Something heavy on both mechanics, and the roleplaying; I want to have the thrill of counting how many rounds I've got left, how much I can carry, how many days worth of food and water I have left... while also angsting over the situation, scavenging, and generally beating undead cannibals with a lead pipe in one hand, and kitchen knife in the other.
- This one I've not wanted as much, but some kind of modern, cinematic-tactical kinda' game. Something like Metal Gear Solid. Psionic amnesiac super-soldier fighting armies of people, combusting stuff, and the like while discovering what the Hell is going on. This can expand to other things; maybe something more like Hellsing, Hellboy, Devil May Cry... half-demon/half-vampire/vampire/whatever guy fighting for good against this unknown menace.
- Something along the lines of Battle Royale - for those unfamiliar, a bunch of innocent Japanese schoolkids chucked on an island and forced to fight to survive.
- Possibly something using Star Wars Saga/Revised, based around a guy becoming and progressing as a Jedi. Possibly Rebellion era, or something?