For those of you who are playing, I have three questions for you.
1) Are there any optional rules that you would like to add into the campaign? I've been considering both Fame and Honor, so if you'd like to use either, or any other sub-rules, please let me know.
2) Which category should be place this game in? My first instincts say exotic non-con, since we are going to be dealing with demons, which have many shapes and are not ones who tend to ask for permission, however the majority of play would be able to fit in both the human and tamer-than-noncon categories. Thoughts?
3) The adventure beings at around Noon. Do you want to roleplay the morning of the adventure in the city of Kenebres, or would you like us to get straight into it?
Thanks FallenDabus. This looks like this will be fun to play.
1) I'm generally in favor of scaling things back, so I'd lean toward fewer optional systems. Keep in mind that a game played over a forum will already be glacially paced compared to a real-life game, with every player decision point potentially adding a few days of delay, and choose rules that fit well with that format.
2) Exotic non-con sounds fine. Typical practice is to create both an IC and an OOC thread in the appropriate forum, and potentially other threads for storage of character sheets, GM 'handouts', etc.
3) In the interests of keeping up momentum, I'm a fan of very aggressive scene framing on the GM's part, even if that means that you need to manipulate the characters more than you would in live play. In other words, start as close to the action as possible. Action needn't necessarily mean combat, of course.