You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 06:26:08 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Erich's Quest - High fantasy, dark fantasy, futuristic story ideas  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Erich NordenTopic starter

Welcome!  After having a couple of partners vanish on me, and my search for ideas that truly inspired me coming up short, I decided it's about time I made a new topic here.  I will likely be updating this periodically with new musings as they come to me.  It seems customary to use private messages to discuss ideas rather than the Wanted threads, so if you find something here that interests you, please message me.  Without further delay, the obligatory:

• Characters: Your real gender and sexuality does not matter to me, as long as you can play compelling characters.  As for me, I'm a straight male who usually plays straight female characters, just as a matter of habit and preference, so this will often be reflected in my story prompts.  However, I am not at all unwilling or unable to play other genders and orientations; I can and have played straight men and bisexual women.
  • Posting frequency and length: I would like any prospective writing partner to commit to a post per week at minimum.  I do not have stringent "requirements" regarding post length -- sometimes half a dozen full paragraphs is appropriate; sometimes just a few sentences is enough -- but I do ask that you give me something to work with and have a solid grasp of the English language.
  • Communication: If we start a role-play and at any point you expect your posting rate to drop, or if you need to withdraw, please tell me.  It's been far too common in my experience for a role-play to never make it beyond the opening scene, due to one person deciding to withdraw, or, worse, just stop posting and responding to private messages.  If you are unable to commit to even a bare minimum of communication, or you have a tendency to quit a role-play within the first two weeks, please do not bother contacting me.
  • Format: Most of my role-play experience has been in a somewhat structured form, with one person taking the lead in world-building and playing supporting characters, and I often prefer my writing partner to take this role.  This is not to say I want to take a back-seat, however, as inspiration often drives me to collaborate and expand upon the setting and cast.  The fondest memories I have of role-playing are the times my partner and I have surprised each other and ourselves with the emergent interplay of our characters' actions and motivations.  I love mysteries, surprises, and twists.
  • Content: What I like in a role-play varies by the setting and the type of character I play.  Each prompt below has a "category" indicating what kind of explicit content I would be open to including (Light/Human, NC/Human, etc.), and an "adult content" rating for how big of a role it would play in the story.  Each one also has a list of possible adult themes I think would be the most appropriate for that prompt -- this is non-exhaustive and not final, and if you see something not to your taste, I may be open to omitting it.  My "ons" vary somewhat between characters and stories, but generally speaking, you can get an idea of what I like and dislike by visiting my preferences.  If in doubt, just ask.

Now, with that out of the way, here are a couple of ideas that have been in my head lately:

Story prompts

Actively seeking

Stalked
Genre: Horror, psychological thriller
Category: Extreme
Adult content: Medium to high
Possible sexual themes: Bondage, erotic horror, kidnapping, mind control, non-consent, pain and torture, slavery
Looking for: Male or other antagonist (see below)

A normal girl's life takes a horrifying turn when she unwittingly catches the unwholesome attentions of something dangerous, intelligent, and sadistic.  Maybe she peered beyond the veil and saw something she shouldn't have, or maybe she was merely in the wrong place at the wrong time.  However it happens, she catches the attention of some unnatural entity.  It begins to encroach at the edges of her consciousness, planting thoughts that are not her own.  It torments and uses her for its pleasure in nightmares that begin to bleed into the waking world, all while manipulating her mind to further its own dark and unknown goals, seeking to make her its plaything; mind, body, and soul.  Can she find the willpower and know-how to stop it?  This one could get quite scary and/or bloody, possibly involving possession or mind control.  I am looking for someone to play the antagonist.

Isolation
Genre: Survival horror
Category: NC/Exotic to Extreme
Adult content: Medium to high
Possible sexual themes: Breeding, corruption, erotic horror, monsters and beasts, non-consent, pain and torture, violence
Looking for: Environment/antagonists (see below)

A while ago I was writing a gripping, intense survival horror story with a partner, Resident Evil: Stranded.  Unfortunately, said partner went incommunicado a few months ago and I would like to try something in that vein again.  Namely:  A tough, resourceful heroine finds herself isolated, and must rely on her wits to survive against all manner of inhuman monstrosities seeking to corrupt, violate, or kill her.  The specific setting and details may vary:

• A space-station in the far future is overtaken by extraterrestrial beings, and first contact is not peaceful.  The aliens are monstrous, intelligent, and ruthless, and though at first glance it seems they may be content to merely slaughter the station's populace, in truth they have more far-reaching designs.
  • The heroine finds herself trapped in an arena of vast proportions -- a labyrinth, an island, a decaying, walled-off city district -- which is inhabited by creatures horrible and powerful.  Whether her lot is to be a sacrifice in superstitious appeasement of dark gods, punishment for a serious crime, or merely a grim and degenerate form of entertainment for a jaded audience, she is determined to not go down easily.
  • Exiled from the protective walls of the great city, the heroine is forced to face the dreaded outlands alone.  It is thought to be a death sentence, but whispered rumours hold that other survivors may yet eke out a rugged existence in the barren wilderness.  If she can avoid starvation, exposure, and the hunger of the inhuman horrors that roam the wastes, she may yet be able to make contact with them -- but what will she find?

The Help
Genre: Modern drama
Category: Bondage/Human
Adult content: Medium
Possible sexual themes: Bondage, dominance & submission, manipulation, romance, seduction
Looking for: Male character

This would be a story about a middle-aged, upper-class man who finds that, with his children grown up and a loveless marriage behind him, he has quite a bit of space in his suburban manor -- enough that he decides to hire a live-in maid.  She finds his advertisement online, and, realizing the generous arrangement will more than cover her living expenses while she goes to college in the city, sends in a meagre résumé.  He doesn't have much difficulty looking up more about her, and as far as he can tell, she's perfect -- slim, blonde, 18 years old.  If the interview goes well, she'll eventually be doing quite a bit more than mere house chores.

I expect this one will be somewhat slow-paced, a game of seduction as the master of the house slowly plays on my character's submissive nature, pushing her boundaries and training her to do his bidding.  Will it bloom into true romance, or is she just a plaything to him?  Lots of room for character development and erotic fun.

The Velvet Lily
Genre: Modern drama
Category: Bondage/Human to Extreme
Adult content: Medium
Possible sexual themes: Bondage, dominance & submission, exhibitionism, multiple partners, prostitution, romance
Looking for: Multiple characters

Somewhere in the city's underbelly, where rough-and-tumble bohemianism gives way to the glamorous lights of skyscrapers, is a unique establishment.  Theatre, musical venue, sex club -- it is all and yet none of these, for there is no place in existence quite like the Velvet Lily.  It is where a man of means and discerning taste might go to enjoy a well-mixed martini, and to watch a play recounting Hades' mythical abduction of Persephone, as moving as it is erotic.  It is where a staff of attractive young men and women attend a customer's every desire, be it a fresh drink, stimulating conversation, or physical gratification.  It is where passions run wild, where it is not unheard of for a rousing musical performance to end in an on-stage orgy involving performers and guests alike.

The Velvet Lily is exclusive, it is hidden, it is a testament to utter decadence -- and it is always looking for new talent, on and off the stage.

This is my most recent idea, and here I would like to focus on the story of a college-age girl being picked up by one of the Velvet Lily's talent-seekers.  It would explore her reaction to being suddenly immersed in this lifestyle, and the challenges that come with peeling away at sexual inhibitions.  As to sexual themes, the sky is the limit, barring my own "hard offs".  (The seed of this prompt, actually, was a play about a young woman whose lover, after the woman's father walked in on them together, disappeared without a trace.  Some time later, the woman learns her father cursed him to become "the dog he is", and realizes the strange dog following her was actually her lover.  She also discovers that lifting the curse requires a night of ... well, you get the idea.)

The cast of supporting characters is open, with loads of possibilities: A playwright looking to include the protagonist in one of his shows, a patron who tips particularly well, and a more experienced female staff member come to mind as examples.  Breaking a pattern of mine, I have no strong preferences as to which characters I and my partner play respectively, but I do think my partner for this would need to be comfortable playing multiple characters as the situation demands.

The tone of the story I am looking for is light, even with comedic moments, but with a nefarious undercurrent not far beneath the surface -- perhaps it could touch on themes of exploitation, as the Velvet Lily's customers are all rather affluent, and though the staff is paid well, not all of them had the nerve to fulfil their contracts -- and the penalties for breaking them may be severe.  Taking another step in that direction, there have been rumours of staff who "quit" and disappeared altogether.  People know better than to ask questions too loudly, but there have been whispers that the Velvet Lily is part of a human trafficking network, and has been grooming staff to sell into slavery.  If the circumstances were right, a certain enterprising young protagonist in the right place could expose the dirty secret and bring the whole operation crashing down ... if she does not fall prey to the slavers first.

Not currently seeking

Into the Black
Genre: Sci-fi
Category: Light/Human to NC/Human (possibly beyond; see below)
Adult content: Low to medium
Possible sexual themes: Unspecified
Looking for: Male or female protagonist, multiple characters

This one is, as the title implies, a role-play set in outer space in the distant future -- as part of a small group of space-faring outlaws who happen to obtain their own space ship.  The first variation of this is a Firefly-like space opera using a "harder" sci-fi setting: Extraterrestrial life as we know it is microbial, and faster-than-light travel is something beyond the capabilities of all but the wealthiest governments, if it exists at all.  "First contact" with an alien intelligence could be a major plot point if my partner wants to take it in that direction.

Alternatively, it could be set in the EVE universe, if you're familiar with the lore.  I'd prefer original characters only, in this case -- whether our characters are both capsuleers, a capsuleer and a crew member aboard the other's ship(s), or both of us playing baseliners on a ship or station, it's all good to me.

I'm looking for one or more partners to play protagonists (of any gender) alongside mine, and collaborate to craft a story of adventure and intrigue.

Taken

Arduinne's Ascension
See current stories
Genre: High Fantasy
Category: Light/Human to Extreme
Adult content level: Low to medium
Possible sexual themes: Incest, interspecies, multiple partners, non-consent, romance, seduction
Looking for: Multiple characters

This one involves an original character of mine, who was conceived years ago for a D&D Forgotten Realms game that has long since been abandoned. Being the type to really invest creative energy into my characters, I never forgot about her, and tried to bring her back once or twice for other games which also ended prematurely.  I'm now looking for someone willing and able to play the "Game Master" for a long-term epic fantasy involving Arduinne -- a stubborn, free-spirited young sorceress -- and her path to greatness.

For this I would like someone to play a main character to be a close friend, ally, and/or romantic partner, and also antagonists and supporting characters as the story demands.  It can be an established setting or one of your own imagination; a system game (Pathfinder, preferably) or free-form; one-on-one or small-group.  One thing that tickles my fancy is a Kingmaker-style adventure in which Arduinne and a few close associates set out to stake a claim on the world stage -- gathering followers, nation-building, and facing enemies on both a personal and a grand scale.  In any case, I'm quite open to collaborating on the details, so if this interests you, send me a PM and we can talk.

Current characters and stories

Past stories

« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 03:37:30 AM by Erich Norden »

Re: Erich's Quest
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 05:39:24 AM »
Updated and expanded; added Space!

Still looking!

Re: Erich's Quest
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 10:54:14 PM »
Still looking.  Arduinne's Ascension is a craving right now, as well as dark fantasy settings in general (a la Dark Souls).

Re: Erich's Quest - High fantasy, dark fantasy, futuristic story ideas
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 04:07:43 PM »
Updated again.  Still looking!

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 11:11:44 PM »
Formatting and minor wording changes made.  Arduinne's Ascension is now taken; see here.

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 08:13:31 PM »
Been having loads of fun with wisdomcube in Arduinne's Ascension, but my other two requests are still open!

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 08:59:19 AM »
Updated.

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 04:58:45 AM »
Updated!

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 09:03:13 PM »
Bump!

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 03:13:56 AM »
Still looking.

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2015, 09:46:05 PM »
Added Isolation.

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 11:41:23 AM »
Added The Velvet Lily -- my most thorough prompt to date.  Take a look!

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 01:10:58 AM »
Bumping!

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2016, 03:37:58 AM »
Updated -- looking again.