You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 28, 2016, 01:29:32 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Issues With Java  (Read 348 times)

Online BAMFTopic starter

Issues With Java
« on: October 13, 2013, 06:10:14 PM »
So, trying to re-download and re-install java. So, I go to the java website, that's all good. First button reads "Free Java Download." Click on that, and that's fine. It brings me to the next window that has the button that reads "Agree and Start Free Download."

I click on that, knowing it should do the little pop up thing with the downloader and I should get the little download thing down at the bottom of Chrome. Except I get a page that has the little broken file image with a frowny face and underneath, it says "No data received."

Does anyone know what this is? What do I do? I am at a loss. I've been Google-fuing this evening and nothing has come up that seems to do the trick.

Offline Mr L

Re: Issues With Java
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 06:11:55 PM »
I'm experiencing the same error, only mine says "this page is not available."

Offline Silver

• S' Lovely Iridescent Wife | D's 'Gangster' Wifey | Enigmatic Thoughtful Conundrum ♡
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: Where Schories Inspires ♡ Deep within Dreams and Winegum ♡
  • No matter where I go... here I am...
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 06:23:57 PM »
Bamf: From a Minecraft forum

seems its not just me then? i'm guessing either they are updatin the game or something is up, also it seems the java website is not lettin me download this linked?

Looks like I might have found something in regards to your other issue.

Offline Tsenta

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 08:01:03 PM »
Java might be down or be getting some much needed updates, with the recent weaknesses in Java from drive-by attacks they might finally be doing something to fix it.

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 08:06:28 PM »
I did a Java update yesterday and had to use the 'Offline' version of the updater.  I will warn you, however, to close completely out of your web browser before running the install, as the post-installation browser launch is what screwed me over with my tabs.  (I think I've finally found all my RPs again.)

Online BAMFTopic starter

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 11:11:58 PM »
Even when I tried the offline, I got the same errors. :/ I really don't know what's going on.