How it begins...
There is a field of mist laying over the parking lot of your school. The colors are all washed out and it's night but the lot is full of cars. In the window of an upper floor classroom you spot a shadow that strikes a familiar chord. It beckons in an ethereal cold voice. "The time has come..." It repeats a few times but fades into a whisper. The essence of sleep fades...
You wake with wide frantic eyes, jolting upright in a shivering sweat and your breath billows out as ice cold mist. The blackness of your room has a surreal feel for a moment. You are sure you don't belong here and the urge to run away grips you. All around is darkness and the heavy air of a warm humid summer night. Off to the right of your bed the alarm clock reads 12:00. Shadows dance around the room as you sit on the edge. Did those shadows look like little people? The thoughts of an addled mind it is safe to assume. You need air so you move to open the bedroom window. Looking to the ground below a creeping fog retreats down the street, slinking over cars and around the neighbors buildings. It almost feels like it's running from you, shrinking... contracting. It's a feeling you can't shake.
This is going to be a long sleepless night and you've got school in the morning.
: General ConceptsA tale of urban fantasy and the supernatural
The plot of the game will follow the lives of four ordinary young people that discover their hidden arcanist talents, and a mystic world of the supernatural. The game is a cross between The Dresden Files, Supernatural(TV show), and a bit like the RPG - Beyond the Supernatural.
I will be looking for creative flexible players that can go with the flow and be capable giving a lot of posts in short periods of time. *Continue reading below for more information if you think this is for you.*The tale in it's first three partsScenario 1
We will begin Scenario 1 in the Non-Adult section with the characters at the ages of 13-16. (This is just temporary because of the ages.)* Please no character images of any kind and nothing sexual in the RP at all. It will be in the Non-Adult section to avoid any potential misunderstandings
As young people they hear the call of something deeply frightening and life altering. Events will lead them to run away from home, discover the first of their mystic abilities, and introduce them to the world of magic, the occult, and supernatural things. (Including their fairy godmother.)Scenario 2
We move ahead three years so the characters are now aged 16-19. This will take place in the Adult section of the forums where it will stay from here on out.
In Scenario 2 the characters will discover and master the second of their arcanist abilities. Characters will also begin to specialize more so now.
Over the last three years the characters are able to live mostly normal lives but this scenario will see the characters go up against the supernatural in a way that they have never done before. This event will see them become full fledged arcanists and introduce them to the secretive Council of Venice, an order of arcanists tasked with governance over humans with mystic abilities.Scenario 3
Moving ahead another 3 years the characters will now be aged 19-22. They will be full fledged veteran arcanists with an array of new mystic abilities that compliment the specialized talent choice from scenario 2. The world is a much more dangerous place for them now and a secret war is being fought in the shadows with our characters in the front lines of it.The Bones
- The intent is to bring together a small group of players (4). *edit* This is flexible depending on interest levels and roles
- The game has planned, so far, 3 Scenario evenings where I will GM out closely guided scenarios involving simple dice rolls by the player characters.This is to be done in rapid fire Play by Post forum threads.
- The posts by players for the guided scenarios will be shorter then usual posts, only requiring a few lines of text to keep the game moving fast. *On these nights the expectation is for players to make many posts in rapid succession along with other players*
- Scenario Night Time Frames: Aiming in the range of 6pm - Midnight (East Coast USA -5 GMT timezone) *Exact night(s) to be discussed in thread*
- On all other nights the game will be in Freeform style and be less guided by the GM (me). Freeform posts are expected to be longer posts with several lines of text at minimum.What about the system? Super easy 1 roll system with no complicated modifiers etc..
- This is going to be unique in that I am not going to use a system.
- As players you will be expected to ask the GM if you are able to do actions and I will tell you: Yes, No, or Roll dice ____.
If a dice roll is needed I will give you a target to roll usually out of 100%. These numbers will vary based on the difficulty of the action to be performed. The percentage number needed to complete the action will be decided by the GM and not open for debate. Most minor actions will not require dice rolls but at the same time those requiring dice rolls will usually be resolved with a single dice roll.
- I may put characters in situations where they stand a good chance of losing a challenge of some type but I do not kill player characters. Most everything will have a way to be cured or healed but some scars may remain.
- This is a game of going with the flow and trusting the GM. If you can't go with the flow then this game isn't for you.
Main Points *Click Images to enlarge and again to shrink it back up.Step 1
: Find the Dicebot. (Or click this link here: http://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php
: The layout of the land, adding - character name and random number range.Step 3
: Filled out example.Step 4
: The results.Step 5
: Getting a line of code to copy into your post to display your results to the world.
- What it will look like if someone clicks on the link in your post. -
- 4 players - 2 males, 2 females *edit* This is flexible depending on interest levels and roles
- 3 GM guided scenarios(to begin with) taking place over the span of six in-character years from youth to adulthood.
- The scenario nights will have the expectation of fast posts, dice rolls, and a GM led system
- Scenario Night Time Frames: Aiming in the range of 6pm - Midnight (East Coast USA -5 GMT timezone)
*Exact night(s) to be discussed in thread*
- Note: Super easy 1 roll system with no complicated modifiers etc..
- Most nights it will be freeform in the main threads
Note: I'm totally open to having more female arcanists join us but I'll probably cap the GM'd Scenario group at 5 characters in total. Character profile and expectations
I just want to keep that fast PbP GM'd Scenario group small to make the game play smooth on it. (We can optionally talk about other group nights if we get a lot of interest.)
Also, the game has plenty of room for player expansion as well for other character types once we move back into the Adult forums section during Scenario 2.
Characters will be just normal teenagers but must be good people (No bad/evil). Try to make them a little interesting and creative. Remember, they will have 6 years worth of growth and changes as the game progresses.See below for a copy/paste character profile with notes.
[color=maroon][b]<Character Name>[/b][/color]Character profiles so far
[b]Player Name[/b]: <insert your name here>
[b]Description[/b]: <starting age (13-16), describe general appearance at this age (pick an image for your character for when they are 6 years older but don't post it yet)>
[b]Clichés[/b] <pick a few things that they are really good at or are important to them. EX: arts, sports, computers, gaming, hobbies, and/or school stuff, etc then post them in bullet point form below.>
[li]<insert text here> [/li]
[li]<insert text here> [/li]
[b]Tools[/b]: <Things they usually carry with them or are important to the above clichés>
[b]Hooks[/b]: <personality traits or anything else that you feel is important about the character such a quirk, a habit, or whatever. Make your character interesting.>
[b]Tales[/b]: <The young character's important life stories or anecdotes up until this point in their lives.Try to come up with at least one good item to help define them or draw interest to their lives.>
:GM and Fairy godmother
by Me (Moraline) *EDIT* I don't count in player totalsMaggie Foss
by IxyNeela Roland
by RainyHighAl Birche
by TheHangedManJeong Soo-Jin
by LithiumRobert Long
- Player Oath "The Oath of the Drake" (click me).
Read it and post at the bottom of your character sheet, "I agree to and understand The Oath of the Drake". Failure to do this will mean that I will not even consider your application to join the game. Yes, this is a test to see if you read everything or not.
- What section will this game be placed in?
We are starting in the Non-Adult section but the game will quickly move to the Adult section in the second Scenario when the characters come of age.
Once in the Adult section we will move into the N/C Exotic. Remember that any Player must give full consent before any N/C can occur with their characters.
- How much sexual activity is likely to occur or expected, if any?
First scenario will be NONE as characters are underage. Once we move into the Adult forums I will post a thread specifically for all of the stuff that happens when the characters are alone and it can get as naughty as players want to with each other. The main adventure threads will have only minimal sexual content depending on the nature of the arcanists and encounters in scenarios.
- ... <More to come if any questions arise in this thread> ...