Black Crusade (cinematic / mostly freeform) - Recruitment reopened

Started by HairyHeretic, June 05, 2013, 03:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HairyHeretic

Recruitment reopened:

Oblivion has claimed some of our heretics before they have made their escape from the prison that holds them.

Do you have the strenght to walk the Eight Fold path?

Did you stand upon the shattered walls of the Emperors Palace and swear an eternal Oath of Moment, that the Long War would continue?

Do you hear the voices too?

Join us then, and tear down the Imperium of the Corpse God.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Doomglazer

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

RedPhoenix

So I am looking at this pretty hard. I do see there is a pretty heavy lean towards Slaanesh, which I don't mind at all. Any thoughts from current players as to what sort of character could round out the group?
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

HairyHeretic

Feel free to pop over to the OOC thread (link in the first post) if you want to chat with them.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

RedPhoenix

I kinda get carried away when writing Chaosy stuff...consider this a rough draft very open to suggestions. :)

Selem Shal Shuldren, Favored Child of the Cyclone Walkers

Selem Shal was born in a world long lost to Chaos. Right on the edge of a massive warp storm, in a location that was persistently impossible to chart through acceptable astronavigation, her home planet meandered through it's wobbling orbit. Her world was heavy with liquid, what would be called high oceans on a normal planet, except it wasn't always water. Her people were nomads, like everything else that still walked on two legs on that world, who stubbornly refused to grow gills and swim to the murky depths of the liquid like those who heeded the croaking blasphemies of the Great Lurker.

Sometimes they used technology, jetting from one island to another as the tides chased them, sometimes they floated on makeshift rafts and boats, sometimes they found a land that stayed stable for years. During these times those who were born were considered lucky. Selem Shal was born on the landing that gave her people the longest period of stability they had known. For nearly eight years they dwelt on the earthy island, growing happy and lazy off of the rich fruits and flowers that blossomed there. Selem Shal was born mutated, as nearly everyone was on her world. Series of thick, short horns grew from her skull, mixing with her hair, and her fingernails and toenails were hard as steel, though deceptively normal in appearance. Even if she were able to hide her horns, her pointed ears and blood red eyes would have quickly given her away as a mutant.

As a lucky child, Selem Shal was raised by her people's mystics. She learned to harness the flow of the warp at a young age and tap the potential inside of her. She showed a peculiar talent for weather manipulation, which was seen as an even more auspicious blessing. She learned to devote herself to the Wind that Loves, the spirit that her people prayed to. Although she was one of the few who suspected that the Wind had more than one voice.

It was a vision of hers that made her people leave their cozy, comfortable island. They grumbled and moaned but without the protection of the mystics they would be lost and had little choice but to follow the tribe's leaders. They moved into the storm, not away from it, and the journey was hard. Demons and sea dwellers poached on the Walkers, attempted to dissuade their voyage. The people were killed off in great numbers, but slew great numbers of their foes as well. The journey was long and Selem Shal grew into a woman in the process. By the time they arrived, very few of her people remained. Her destination was a great temple that sunk into the sea, where the Wind That Loves whispered from. It whispered to her particularly, telling her what power there was to be gained from seizing control of her people. She listened. She plotted. She turned the shamans and mystics against each other with simple spells and flirtatious promises.

On the sunken altar deep below the surface, Selem Shal cancelled her protective spell that let the others of her people breathe the narcotic liquid that the ocean had been that year, and they drowned begging her for aid as she danced with the currents. She had heard the two voices of the Loving Wind and knew that both had much to offer. So she made an offer to them, the souls of her people. It was an offer gladly accepted. Secrets were shared with her, knowledge and power and blasphemous truths. Gathering her strengths and the souls of her people, reforged into demonic tools, she made holy war against the Lurkers, enslaving their diseased peoples to her will and assumed power on her world. Through series of manipulations and protective wardings, she maintained her position as Magus of her world.

But of course it did not last. The same whimsy that wobbled the world through the warp soon shot it out of the reach of the storm, and the world plunged like a meteor into Imperial space. She saw it coming, of course, and prepared her people for war. A Black Crusade was launched as her planet collided with an Imperial Hive World, and there was bloodshed the likes of which she had never seen before. The people were without number, her army only slight in comparison. She puzzled over why she had been sent to a war she could not hope to win, and saw in the Great Architect's plan she was meant to lose. She was meant to be captured, and taken for some great purpose. Or perhaps simply as a tool. It was not like she had much of a choice.

She abandoned her scattered army and assumed the identity of a local cultist who had helped guide the invasion force in, mutated in recognition of her loyalty. Devouring the mind of a local guardsman, she had the knowledge she needed to do this. She was captured of course, and nearly killed several times. Lucky break after lucky break saved her until she was sent into stasis. She knows not what her fate is to be, merely that the Wind That Loves has plans for her. She goes confidently to meet her fate.

HairyHeretic

Looks good. What sort of powers and abilities do you see her having?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

RedPhoenix

Mostly Psyker stuff. Being able to influence people's emotions, make them paranoid, horny, maybe a telekinetic knockout? And of course hearing the whispers from the warp, forbidden knowledge, ritual magic, and that good stuff. :D

Baalborn87

HairyHeretic

Yep. Consider Selem's start much the same as the others, awakening in a half ruined stasis crypt. She can detect the others from the sound of that bolter fire nearby.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Landshark

Interested but curious as to the current group make up. You say people have been lost so wondering whats in the group now at this time?

HairyHeretic

A corrupted Sororita, a Heretek Dark Mechanicus, a traitor Guardswoman and a newly added psycher / sorceress.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Baalborn87

Landshark

Actually i was thinking of a choas Ogryn. Makes him a wrecking ball but still not as bad as an Angel of Death. Cant find a good pic of one thats not a plagued nasty thing anywhere though. Oh well ill just have to be discriptive should i make him...and if im accepted that is(please,please,please,please...)

HairyHeretic

Ogyrns tend not to be noted for their intelligence and personality though. Are you thinking of playing him as a typical simple minded wrecking ball, or would he be capable of using words with more than one syllable? :) I'm not trying to be harsh, but if he can't interact much with the rest of the group, you may not have that much fun with him as a character, you know?

Also, what would have been the reason the Inquisition kept him alive? What makes him special?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Landshark

He is more intelligent than a basic Ogryn, gifted (minorly) with talents toward influencing animal behavior. He can make a raging beast calm and vice versa. As a former beast keeper of The Beast House they stopped short of killing him in hopes that he could be mind probed to reveal detailed information about the organisation. 

I fully understand if you dont feel he would be a proper fit for the group. I just dont care for full space marines although Id be willing to give a Thousand Sons sorcerer a shot. But we have a full on psycher already so I wouldnt wanna out shine another character in thier own field.

Ooo i could totally do an Iron Warrior. That would give us the Heavy weapons end of things. Have him come with a melta-gun but fully able to use any hvy weapon we come across. Plus IW are my fav chaos army. Plus they are chaos undivided so they have not preferences.

HairyHeretic

If you're happy to go with it, I think an Iron Warrior would be a better fit than an Ogryn. I favour Night Lords myself, but the Iron Warriors aren't bad either. I'm rereading Angel Exterminatus at the moment, so seeing plenty of the IVth Legion :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

RedPhoenix

Landshark

kk IW it is then. Storm of Iron is one of my favorite BL books and Lord of the Night was really awesome also.
Should have something up tonight or tomarrow.

HairyHeretic

Cool. Lord of the Night is good, but I prefer the newer trilogy with Talos and co.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Baalborn87

You could make him one of Warsmith Honsou's men. Would give the Inquisition some reason to keep him alive. He could provide some information to what really happened with Uriel Ventris. I'm sure some members of the Inquisition are still suspicious of him (depending on the time frame that this is set pre/post/currently on his death oath).

Landshark

should i bother listing his gear since I seriously doubt it would still be on my person...and would i have my armor or just the black carapace?

HairyHeretic

You'll be able to pick up his armour and basic gear just after getting out of stasis, so go ahead :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Landshark

Minos Tarturius        
Born in the firey years following the Horus Heresy, Minos, as many were, was taken as a slave during the withdraw from Terra. Raised as a slave he soon found solace in the hard work of the construction crews. Forced to build the new home of the Iron Warriors within the great warp storm known as the Eye of Terror, he never questioned his place in the great machine. Never having known the galaxy as so many of the older slaves had he found it confusing as to why they wept in the night or resisted the orders of the slave masters. They gave him food and he gave them walls. They gave him purpose and he gave them obedience. They gave him strength…and he took it.
    As his body grew strong with devotion and purpose so did his fellow slaves grow weak with doubt and sorrow. As his mind absorbed the concepts and purpose of the great works he helped raise so did his fellow slave become dull witted with self pity and fear. He loathed them. Here they were, erecting the greatest fortress to ever be and all they could do was complain and moan about the mistreatment they suffered. His contempt boiled over one day as a slave lord whipped not one, but five slaves to death as they failed to complete their task in a timely manner. Minos, even though tired from his days work, roared and seized the next slave in line driving him into the stone slab he was tasked to move. His face exploded in a fount of blood and leaving a pinwheel of red on the stone as Minos stepped up and moved the stone himself to finish the task. The slave lord was angered at first, for none should take his pleasure from killing another worthless slave until his eyes set upon the now placed stone. Its marrow and brain covered surface was a mess but within that death blossom was the unmistakable eight pointed symbol of chaos.
   Taken before a Lord Captain of the legion Minos was inspected and nearly dissected to confirm his worth. So it was decided that he would be included into the new ranks of the initiates. For three years he suffered horrors that were created to ruin not only the body and mind but the soul. At its conclusion he stood with his brothers, five left from the ranks of over one hundred and was handed his battle armor.
   Over the next few centuries he learned all he could of siege craft and martial combat. He learned of the Carrion Lord and how he had struck down one of his godlike sons for challenging his arrogance. How the great Perturbo guided his sons to their new home pausing only long enough to make the foolish dogs that chased them pay in blood.
    From a lightly armored scout to a full battle brother to sergeant, he carved his path to glory and respect across the face of a hundred worlds. But things were changing in the ranks of  his Warsmith. Since the battle of Hydra Cordatus the ranks had been in upheaval. The Warsmith had ascended and two of the three heirs to his position were either missing or dead. Left standing in this power vacuum was their new Warsmith, Honsou. A newer addition to the ranks of the Iron Warriors like himself. This was a promise of a great day in Minos’s future. This proved that even one not of Olympia could rise to the highest ranks. Honsou was merciless but crafty and Minos knew that to survive under such a Warsmith would be his greatest challenge yet. But even this was not to last.
    Many hated Honsou for his mixed heritage and claimed he had usurped the position of Warsmith and was unworthy of it. This brought old rivals down upon him and soon his ranks were desimated and his fortress in ruins. Many of Minos’ brothers laid dead upon those broken walls and he knew that to continue following Honsou meant the same for him sooner or later. Along with a dozen fellow warriors and a cadre of followers they split off to build, recover and decided their next move. But an Iron Warriors position, even a small one is far more dangerous and impressive than a simple bunker system. An advanced recon vessel of the Raven Guard spotted the instillation assuming it was a forward assault position and fell upon them with the efficiency they are so well known for.
   The Iron Warriors within never stood a chance. Taking up arms was as pointless as screaming at the sky. Minos leveled one Imperial lackey with his melta-gun and followed up with a backhand from his power maul to another. Even though the two laid dead the squad beyond was not moved in any fashion. He had just enough time to call to the Dark Gods for deliverance before his world erupted in fire, pain then darkness.

Demeanor:    
Minos is a pragmatist. He always uses every resource at best efficiency to accomplish the task at hand. He holds no distaste toward most allies as they all serve a purpose in the grand scheme of the chaos gods. Likes to lead but knows that he is no expert on all things and respects those with knowledge outside his own. Though he may view non-astartes as lesser he also knows that they are useful and come in very handy in many respects.

Aspects:
Gene-seed:
   This gives him a huge assortment of abilities such as enhanced strength, enhanced toughness, resistances vs (poison, radiation, any kind of sickness ect..), his mind works on level with a tactical computer taking in every detail. He can think faster than a standard human. His endurance is almost limitless. He can survive several days without food or drink.
     Drawback: He is much larger than a human keeping him from blending in. He cannot easily use devices made for the smaller hands of regular humans.

Power Armor: As if his gene-seed didn’t already make him dangerous his armor makes him a demon of war. Able to easily deflect small arms fire it also provides him with food and water for prolonged engagements. His already excellent senses are augmented with enhanced night vision and parabolic mics as well as environment analyzers to detect air borne threats and filter them out or simple seal down the armor so no outside threats can get in. A selection of drugs and medicines can be automatically pumped into his body to off set damage or fatigue as well. The addition of the armor slightly enhances his strength allowing him to carry heavy weapons around that would normally require a three man gun crew.
   Drawback: Suit requires power and needs recharged from time to time. Also his size is even larger and he is unmistakably an agent of chaos.

Siegemaster: No walls stand long under an IW assault. Knowing how best to break things comes natural and he always seems to know exactly where to hit something to cripple or destroy it.

Denizen of the Warp: Having grown up within the boarders of the Eye of Terror and witnessing all its strange and wondrous events has hardened Minos to anything but the most extreme circumstances. Once you witness a greater daemon being dragged from the warp and bound into a sorcerous-mechanical device you tend to not be impressed with a room full of dead children being fed upon by six legged rats quoting Shakespeare….but it is noteworthy.

Gear: Astartes bolt pistol, Astartes melta-gun, power-maul{2handed} (normally a combat knife and 2 frag grenade as well but they would be considered standard equipement and not held for examination)

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die