You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 01:46:36 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Reviving an old story, ettiquette and rules question  (Read 295 times)

Offline OroborosTopic starter

Reviving an old story, ettiquette and rules question
« on: May 10, 2013, 05:00:07 AM »
Recently, I got in touch with an old story partner about the idea of picking up a story from a year back.  I was pleased to hear they were interested.  I went to write a post to resume the story and I received a warning about it being more than 120 days old and that I should consider writing a new thread unless I was sure. 

I wanted to see if there were any rules against this.  I know that some forums I've been on have frowned upon this, calling it 'Thread Necromancy', but others don't mind.  If it isn't a problem or bad form, I think I'd rather revive the old thread so it is available for back reference for myself and my RP partner.  That said, I did want to make sure that would be groovy.

Offline Oreo

Re: Reviving an old story, ettiquette and rules question
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 05:16:24 AM »
It's fine to continue your RP. Those notices are more for long dead socializing threads. If I freaked every time I saw one of those I would have to stop RPing completely. >.<

Offline OroborosTopic starter

Re: Reviving an old story, ettiquette and rules question
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 01:18:41 AM »
Excellent, thanks for the reply.