Twisted Utopia (m/m) - Closed, no longer seeking.

Started by Nimmy, April 21, 2013, 05:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nimmy

Urban expansion has created gleaming city-states. Citizens live in luxury, free to pursue whichever career path suits their interests and strengths best. The highest level of personal achievement outside of business success is considered to be marriage and the production of genetically "superior" offspring.

Corruption seethes just below the surface, out of sight of the Citizens, who aren't even aware of the fact that their cushy lifestyle is kept afloat by wars taking place well beyond the limits of what is considered civilized society. Anyone who doesn't comform to Society's norms, for reasons of political "mis-alignment", unforgiveable crimes, or homosexuality - Deviancy - is rounded up and taken into custody while an extensive investigation is carried out. Depending on the level of threat, non-conformists are either killed immediately, or offered a chance to repent. If the repentance opportunity was not taken, the non-conformist was subsequently exiled to the Slums beyond and beneath the gleaming towers of the city-states, never to return under pain of death.

Gaelan D'virsh is a Society spy, one of the best agents Society had to offer. The job was demanding and secretive, but the perks were amazing. The paycheck was good, the training and optional classes were excellent, and best yet, he was exempt from the requirement of marrying and having children for much longer than other members of Society were. He had it made... until he was found in bed with another man.

A thorough investigation was carried out, and on top of his Deviancy, Gaelan's partner was found to be wrapped up with a "terrorist" faction from the Slums. Deemed to be a threat to Society, he was executed, leaving Gaelan to make his choice - repentance or exile. Unfortunately, the choice didn't matter much - his superiors prepared for both, and he is released into the Slums with a task: to pose as an exile to find and befriend an ex-member of Society who is considered to be a threat.

What I'm Looking For

The basic plot I have in mind for this game is an exploration of the ups and downs of a relationship between Gaelan and his target, a former high-ranking law enforcement officer who was discovered to be a Deviant and subsequently exiled to the Slums. The target has been in the Slums for several years and has become a reluctant member of the same "terrorist" group Gaelan's late lover was a member of. I am seeking a collaborator for this story, someone who is willing to work with me to create a detail, plot-oriented game following their relationship. Ultimately the two characters will fall in love, but the journey to that point will have elements of non-con, torture, betrayal, and political intrigue involving competing Slummer factions.

Please let me know of your interest, or if you have further questions regarding the game, either here or via PM.