So this is an idea that's been running around my mind for a while, but more as a fan fiction than a role play, but since I'm NEVER going to write it, I thought I'd turn it in to a game for other people to enjoy instead.
Honestly, I'm just throwing this idea out there to see if anyone is interested, and will only invest further time and effort in to the plot and prettifying this thread if I get enough interest.
I'm not a fan of Twilight, which is exactly how I came up with this premise. I thought it would be a fun idea to tinker with, not just by myself, but with other people out there.
The story is (probably) going to be ridiculous, funny, and full of the horrible, ruthless, raging, frothing, hormonal beasts known as Fan Girls. The basic premise of the story:
Changes Vampires went through:
Vampires have always been feared and hunted, depicted as ruthless killers. To them, humans are nothing but cattle, and it was kill or be killed.
Vampires are take all of their power from fear and faith, and had a lot of dark power because that is what humans believed. A clove of garlic and two pieces of wood hammered together were effective warding tools because of people'a faith in them as well.
After the success of the Twilight series Vampires lost all their power. People no longer believe that they are powerful or dangerous, and once that faith was gone, so was their power. However they are still being hunted, but not to be killed, but because millions of fan girls want to find their own 'Edward'.
Oh, don't get me wrong, vampires are still being killed, but only the females, which are considered competition for their future 'Edward's' affections.
The story can revolve around a number of things:
I'm an Anne Rice fan, so I'm basing some of my Vampire facts on her. Originally the vampires were deadly killers and utterly lost creatures, unsure of what to do with their eternal life and ever growing power, but because of the shift in belief and power, they now are confused and a little miffed.
1. They sparkle now, which they absolutely hate, but at least their genetalia work again.
2. They can now walk in the sun, but many don't due to trauma or habits.
3. Any other power twilight vampires have that ann rice vampires do not. If this rp actually takes off, I will take the time to research properly.
1. The announcing that the Female Vampire is now an endangered species, and their conservation and protection from the Fan Girls
2. The arresting or attempts to destroy the Fan Girl movement
3. A group of vampires currently being hunted by a particularly persistent group of Fan Girls who have set their eyes on at least one of the group members.
4. A couple of human ambassadors trying to protect not only vampires, but the good name of human beings (or at least what's left of it)
I see this being put in the NC section, because there will be possible rape scenes involving Fan Girls and vampires.
I see cat fights, lots of running and acrobatics, not to mention a lot of really angry ex-boyfriends looking for a vampire to take their frustrations out on.
Maybe it will go as far as extreme with character death or not. Seriously, this idea is very open and I encourage suggestions and comments.
Characters I'm looking for:
1. Vampires, male and female
2. Humans who are trying to help or protect the vampires
3. Fan Girls. Maybe. I'm probably going to make them NPCs for the most part though.NOTE:
This will not be a sandbox game. If enough interest is generated I will come up with a solid plot. For now I'm thinking it will either be a rescue mission or an assassination attempt or hunt for a Fan Girl mastermind.