You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 10:41:20 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Games won't play on Firefox  (Read 403 times)

Offline MzNurseTopic starter

Games won't play on Firefox
« on: January 30, 2013, 10:22:02 PM »
I've just switched over from IE to Firefox, and none of my games will play. The page will load all the headers, toolbars, etc, but the part that the game is supposed to be on is a blank screen. I've updated Adobe Flashplayer/Shockwave. What am I missing?

Offline nathanrocks

Re: Games won't play on Firefox
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 10:29:53 PM »
Try updating or downloading the latest version of Java. Most games run on java along with shockwave/adobe.

Offline Saerrael

• ~~~Seraph ; In love~~~ Do you like what you see? Let me entertain ya ítill you scream.
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Location: You don't know how you took it You just know what you got Oh Lordy you've been stealing from the thieves And you got caught
  • Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 10:38:39 PM »
I experienced some difficulties with the newest version of Firefox and Java/ Flash. I'm on an older version now for the time being (16), until things get sorted. It could be this, too.

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 11:02:29 PM »
@nathan: Thanks!  I would never have thought upgrading Java.  this didn't solve the problem but apparantly the Java I had was ancient.

@ Saerrael: Someone just directed me here: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/flash-113-doesnt-load-video-firefox. they had me install/upgrade RealPlayer, and that fixed the problem!

Offline Saerrael

• ~~~Seraph ; In love~~~ Do you like what you see? Let me entertain ya ítill you scream.
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Location: You don't know how you took it You just know what you got Oh Lordy you've been stealing from the thieves And you got caught
  • Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 11:03:23 PM »
Good to hear something worked out for you *smiles*

Offline nathanrocks

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 11:19:38 PM »
Glad you got it worked out!

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 12:56:40 AM »
If you use Java at all, it's important to not only use the latest version, but also to remove any old versions (if yours was ancient, it might not have properly removed - check your 'Add/Remove Programs' control panel to be sure.)

A lot of ne'er-do-wells spend their copious free time writing 'exploits' that use holes in Java's security to do nasty things.  Mr. Oniya keeps getting messages that certain plug-ins have been shut down 'for security reasons' from certain sites - these are sites using older versions of Java applications that are particularly at risk.

Offline Luna

• Muse's Blessing ~ Shadowsmaiden's little Koneko-chan
  • Champion
  • Enchanter
  • My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 01:05:13 AM »
I'll never understand how some people can derive so much pleasure from trying to make other people suffer.

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 07:34:15 AM »
Thanks Oni. I removed the old versions after installing the new because Java strongly recommended it. And I'm with you, Luna. Those people must be miserably lonely.