FaustusPlayer Preferences :
Clearly, being a female playing men, I have no problem with whatever you are behind the monitor.Full Name :
Alastair HowellCodename and Nicknames : Codename :
Crowley. The connotation behind this is painfully obvious and, sometimes, Alastair feels a little embarrassed about it. However, the subtler meaning is an implication towards his preferred position. Crowley was an intelligent, philosophical man who left behind teachings. Alastair is much the same.Age and Birthdate :
42, 15th April (Aries)Gender :
MaleMarital Status :
Brain Trainer – Permanent || Partnered to Kyle Young, resident Hitmen TrainerAlliance :
He wouldn’t slate total alliance with the Trinity Seekers, but he must be loyal enough to choose to train new recruits.Height :
5’9” – a bit short for the average male.Weight :
190 lbsBody Type :
Average, he would think, with possibly some softness beginning to really appear with age.Hair :
Dirty blonde, short cropped.Eyes :
BlueDistinguishing Features :
Alastair is not one to permanently mark his body, preferring to live a relatively normal life. He does, however, have a birth mark behind his right ear that would serve well for identification purposes if all other methods became unavailable.Optional Image :Likes :
- Pastries : Alastair has an extreme weakness for pastries of all sorts. Cream puffs, confectionaries and imported ones tend to be his favourite ones. He has been known to accept them, on the occasion, as bribery.
- Books : Like most intellects, he has a major weakness for the written word and cannot imagine a more perfect evening than being curled up in his home by the fire with his newest novel – Or an old flame, as it were.
- Nature : He lives just outside of the main portion of the city within a smaller community. It gives him the opportunity to tend to and nurture his garden. It is a pastime he developed thanks to his ex-wife and, while he may have given her up, he hasn’t given it up yet.
- Teaching : He genuinely enjoys what he does with his teaching of the new recruits. Perhaps he dislikes that they use their intelligence to hunt and kill, but he doesn’t show it. Instead, he sticks to his enthusiasm of the subjects at hand and imparts every inch of knowledge into them he can.
- Teasing : It’s a favourite pastime of his to bother, pick and tease others. He rarely does this out of genuine malice or spite, but prefers to be very lighthearted about the entire affair.
- Birds : It sounds like an odd dislike at first, but the reality stems from the divorce with his wife. She kept birds in their home that tended to sing and twitter about. He, naturally, came to associate birds with her. Now? He can recoil at the sight of a bird, simply because it reminds him of her.
- Bland Foods : Alastair is a bit of a closet gourmet, and due to this he is very particular about his foods, to the point that he refuses to eat the foods provided by the kitchens of the Trinity Seekers. Every meal he eats is brought from his home or picked up from a high-class restaurant he frequents.
- Hitmen that enjoy their job too much : It bothers him to watch Hitmen who become so engrossed in their job that they forget, at the end of the day, they are taking human lives. He deplores, even worse, the ones that boast their latest kill.
- Dog-Earing Books : He has been known to take the same book out of the individuals hands, closed it, and beat them across the head with it. It is easily one of his number one pet peeves, right up there with mouth breathers.
- Marriage : The entire institution of marriage idea has lost its luster to this man. He won’t begrudge others their wishes, but he has a horrible track record for never showing up to a wedding when invited.
- Left Knee : It wasn’t only his attitude, but his fitness, that kept Alastair from ever being able to become a Field Hitman himself – When he was young he suffered an accident that left him with a slight limp and a weakness in his left knee. He will still crumple rather instantly if struck here.
- Allergies : In a beautiful twist of fate against his nature-love, Alastair has rather severe seasonal allergies that, if he forgets to take his medicine, will render him into a watery-eyed, sneezing mess that had best not leave his office.
- Superior Ability : Clearly, Alastair must be one of the absolute best to be chosen as the trainer for all new Brain recruits. There are few who can do the job he does as good, or better, than he can. Those that can probably trained with him at some point.
- Age : While he isn’t old, Alastair isn’t exactly a child anymore either. With age does come wisdom that others have not yet attained, and gives him greater insight into some situations than what others would see.
- His Ex : What self-respecting ex-husband wouldn’t be a little frightened of their former wife?
- For his Children : Alastair fears that at some point one of this children will have a hit placed against them and he knows, deep down, that he will not aid the Trinity Seekers in that endeavor. It frightens him to imagine going against them, but his love for his children is stronger than the gear.
- Normalcy : All Alastair wants is to, one day, settle down and have a normal life again. Albeit a marriage-less life, but something resembling normalcy again would be nice.
- Family : While it is arguably not a true secret, Alastair makes no mention of them at work or to anyone who asks. The reality is, other than his ex-wife, Alastair has two children. He has virtually removed them from his life, keeping them well out of his work and otherwise. It bothers him that he doesn’t see his kids, but he isn’t the least bit bothered about not seeing her.
At first glance this often quiet, rather unassuming man would not gain your attention – And he certainly wouldn’t be pegged for his career off the bat. “Librarian” is often a misassumption about his choice of work, and Alastair is happy to let them think what they want while knowing better. He isn’t always quiet, however, and around those he knows he tends to be quite talkative, almost to a fault. Once his mouth starts running, sometimes it is difficult to get him to be quiet again. He is an animate and lively person about things that interest him and has a tendency to wear his feelings in an exposed way : the edge of his sleeve. Alastair understands the danger in operating in this manner, but either he doesn’t care or arrogantly steps over that fence.
He is, deep down, a prideful and arrogant man about his actions. This arrogance may very well have been part of what led to his downfall with his wife. Poor communication could have been the other half, but neither is very willing to talk about the subject. He can get hurt feelings over said subject and will quickly shut down the conversation, should it arise.History :
It should first be noted that Alastair is foreign.
His transfer into what is now known as Morana was quite some time ago. Coming from Vienna to America as a child had its effects on Alastair, but he adjusted to the transition quickly and rather smoothly : moreso than his parents had been prepared for. Childhood itself was wholly unimportant and average, consisting of learning through the greatest private academies money – and Alastair’s grades – could purchase. He grew with hopes and dreams of becoming a famous author and turned to notebooks and pads, napkins, margins of assignments and all other manners to lay his love out upon.
Alas, this dream was not to become reality.
As he was graduating from his academy, Alastair was approached by the newly forming Trinity Seekers to work as a rudimentary Brain. Alastair, a young seventeen, laughed the entire prospect off as a joke and turned them down. He did not know how important they would later become, or how that first meeting would inevitably change his life.
By eighteen his life had already changed dramatically, but that was not in fault of the Seekers. His first year of University had landed him with a young woman he thought would be the lady of his dreams and, at first, she was. Receiving the news of your girlfriend’s impending pregnancy on your eighteenth birthday, however, is a less than desirable way to spend such a paramount year. But Alastair was not but devoted and immediately began to set into motion plans to wed his lovely lady so the child would be legitimate. He proceeded to struggle his way through University with a new wife and child in the middle to balance, working two separate jobs to maintain their lives. He scraped through University like this, the proud owner of a Bachelor’s in Literature with a minor in Creative Writing. . and promptly realized how little he could do with this degree. With another child coming into the picture, Alastair needed a job and he needed one fast.
That was when they reappeared in his life. This time, Alastair did not refuse the Trinity Seekers. He rose through the ranks rapidly and became one of the greatest Brains of his time. With a perfect kill ratio, often under 48 hours, Alastair found he was good
at this job, and it scared him. His home situation was growing steadily worse as well, and before their first child’s tenth birthday, they had divorced. Being pragmatic, Alastair understood that he could not feasibly tend to the children and do his job. . And once you get in
with the Seekers, you don’t leave. He made the painful decision to sign custody over to his ex-wife and sent them away, hoping they would grow and live in peace and joy.
She still sends him photos and he gets phone calls from time to time. They are some of his happiest moments.
In the meantime, Alastair’s position changed and look on that of the local trainer, tending to the new Brain recruits. The best would yield the best and, thus far, this has been true. Bernard Price is only one of his protégée, but he alone is a testament to Alastair’s teaching prowess. Others have followed, and Alastair feels a mixed sense of pride and horror at what he has created.Sexuality :
Alastair doesn’t assign himself to one sexuality or the other. If it turns his head then so be it. This makes him Pansexual, he supposes, but he just hates terminology.Turn On's :
Turn Off's :
- To be filled out later, but I can say it’s a little expansive. I mean, he’s had awhile to figure it out, hasn’t he?
Are you alright with Non-Consensual Activities with your character?
- Bathroom Play : And by that, he cites if it ends up in the toilet he would rather have very little to do with it, thank you very much.
- Injuring : While he isn’t above leaving behind marks of his love, Alastair is not into causing his lover undue pain. This does not mean he isn’t curious in s/m aspects – he quite is – but he will balk at the notion that someone wants him to really, really hurt them.
- Petplay : He should be specific here. Alastair doesn’t mind the notion of petplay with another partner – either of them becoming the pet, really – but he will not take one that wants to be his “little bird.” See “Dislikes.”
- Love at first Sight : While not so much a kink, it is a behaviour that bothers him. It was that same behaviour that got him into the situation with his wife, he doesn’t plan on it repeating itself anytime soon.
Oh, I dare you. But, ah, yes I am clearly okay with this. As with my previous character, please PM first so I know you’re going to do it?Are you alright with sexual activities beyond your character's stated sexuality?
He doesn’t have a specific sexuality, so I don’t think I need to worry about this.Anything Else?
If you are inspired by his CS and would like to apply as his ex-wife or either of his two children, let me know and we’ll work something out together for it! I totally, and completely, would not be opposed to this decision.