You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 04:53:57 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Post Apocalyptic Roleplays?  (Read 555 times)

Offline FeelTheRhythmTopic starter

Post Apocalyptic Roleplays?
« on: October 01, 2012, 06:23:07 PM »
I'm looking for a group of people who may be interested in a Fallout-style post-apocalyptic roleplay.

Set in 2300 A.D., it takes place 155 years after the surface of the Earth is annihilated after an alien invasion. Much of the world's remaining population has been moved underground into a series of 'Vaults' located in many major cities and rural areas across the globe. Many of these vaults have been sealed since Day 0, and each one has developed their own methods to survive (or have died trying).

The surface of the Earth still has not recovered very well from the attack. Much of the land is scorched beyond recognition. Forests in the area consist of only a few large trees, with many burned trunks still littering the landscape. Wildlife is sparse, and most of what is left has been altered by heat and radiation. Lack of vegetation has forced many animals to feed off of each other, and even the most tame creature now must fight to survive.

Each Vault is a small, self-sufficient ecosystem for humans. They can grow crops, filter and recycle water, and have many of the amenities known to our current communities. The majority of these Vaults are run by a single leader, known as the Overseer.

This story begins in Vault 509, located in a thick forest in what used to by known as Northern Ontario, Canada.

This is a rather large Vault, with a population of over 2500 people. Recently, the Vault has erupted into turmoil. What was once a strong democratic system has collapsed. The last Overseer was brutally assassinated during a public speech, putting the entire community on edge.

As the assassin attempted to make his escape, he was captured and questioned. After some time, he cracked, and admitted that he was sent from another vault, something everyone thought was impossible. He took his own life before any more information was extracted from him.

Now, the powers that be have decided to select a group of individuals to be the first to leave their vault, and find out exactly what lies behind the giant steel sealed doors.

Offline The Last Standing

Re: Post Apocalyptic Roleplays?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 10:07:40 PM »
I like it a lot! I never got to play Fallout (heresy, I know), but always have wanted to see why it received so much praise. Count me in.

Offline MusicIsLife

• "And Iíll take off my halo, if you take off your wings You donít have to be invincible cause I sure ainít no saint Youíll always be my angel no matter what you do Cause you take me to heaven just by being you."
  • Lady
  • Seducer
  • Tacos...Tacos are the question and the answer.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 01:53:36 AM »
I love the idea! I'd be happy to join in on this! It's a really great idea (:

Offline Armand

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 05:29:14 PM »
Sounds good.

Offline Kember

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 06:39:46 PM »
If it's not too late, I would so be interested in trying this.

Offline Armand

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 06:43:55 PM »
Kember we could start a different one though if these people aren't interested anymore.

Offline KatKwik

• Kuddle Kat~💄Resident Kitteh💋~Wondering Poet~Wearing Stilettos to bed~
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: ďFrom there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere!Ē
  • 💋~Wolf kuddler~🍫Chocolate, Kitty Kandy🍫
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 11:03:25 AM »
Not sure if this is still in the works, PM me if it is as I'd like to be involved. :)

Offline mayovagn

• Pope of the Erisian Paratheo-Anametamystikhood
  • Liege
  • Addict
  • Location: I am a loony, a mental, a weirdo, a crazy and a freak. I dwell in the head spaces of the mad and wallow in a pool of my own insanity.
  • The Epistle of the Paranoids
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 11:40:03 AM »
I am up for this.

PM me what I needs to sort out for you to be involved..

M.

Offline Sushi

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 02:17:56 AM »
Fallout-inspired, or actual Fallout with Vault-Tek, Chinese Assault rifles and the Brotherhood of Steel?

Offline ChainsawAdams

• Stormageddon, Dark lord of all!
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • As long as youve got the curves Ive got the angles
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 01:22:48 AM »
I'm in, lets get this party started!