You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 04:50:04 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Homework help  (Read 437 times)

Offline OutlierTopic starter

Homework help
« on: July 24, 2012, 07:17:00 PM »
Hello again friends and strangers,

Okay, so I know I've been darn near absent from E. I've moved cities, started at a major university, and am so sick of staring at Roman marble copies of Greek bronze originals.... I digress. My sister and I are at school together and for a class assignment my sister had to create a personality survey about long distance relationships. She asked me if I could post the survey in my corners of the internet to try to get as much feedback as possible. Here's what you need to know:

1. This survey takes about 5-8 minutes and is ANONYMOUS. There is a question about age and gender, however, those are for analyzing the results better.
2. This survey is for a class assignment and for educational purposes only. She's not going to sell your information to anyone.
3. Since this is for class please answer honestly.
4. This survey is open to all adults, the more surveys completed the better!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/69XZZL2

There is the survey. Thank you for your time and as always happy gaming.

Cheers,
Li

PS: Any comments, questions, or concerns you can pm me (Outlier) or comment here and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Auron

Re: Homework help
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 08:17:00 PM »
Can't wait to see the results.

Offline Elysium

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 02:59:28 AM »
I'm curious to see the results of this survey, too. I haven't seen a study on long distant relationships in a while. The questions asked in this survey seem to hint that the research isn't taking the routes I'm familiar with in examining them.

Online Caitlin

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 04:47:34 AM »
Wait, you've moved cities!? :o

I'll take the survey though, it sounds like fun! ;D

Online Caitlin

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 05:32:30 AM »
I took the survey, but some of the questions were double, or put in a negative form and positive form. Was that intentional?

Offline Nameless One

• Planewalker
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • What can change the nature of a man?
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 08:38:09 AM »
Took the survey, I hope it's useful for you. Some questions were a little confusing, but I did my best.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 10:19:49 AM »
I took the survey, but some of the questions were double, or put in a negative form and positive form. Was that intentional?

I know that's sometimes done intentionally to catch people who are trying to skew the data one way or the other.  That's why legitimate 'personality tests' (like the Meyers-Briggs, or the ones they give on employment applications) are so long.

Online Caitlin

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 11:08:00 AM »
Yeah lol... The thing is though; with my memory I know exactly what I filled in before and I'll simply add that again, or in reverse if the question is reversed, even if I don't feel like honestly answering a question because I know that it'll give me a better end result. Though I did fill in this one honestly.

Offline OutlierTopic starter

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 04:55:42 PM »
Thank you from my sister and I to everyone who has taken it thus far. Q&A time!

@Caitlin: Yeah I moved cities. Still within the state though. Just feels like it rains more here. I asked my sister and she says that it was intentional because people tend to agree more than disagree. Asking in both positive and negative forms verifies the answer.

@Oniya: That's exactly what my sister was trying for. The assignment had to make use of a seven point scale (only it couldn't be nearly as long as a Meyers-Briggs one). She says it is called a "five factor model".

@Nameless: Do you remember any exact questions that were confusing?

Again, thank you so much to everyone who finished the survey. My sister is so ecstatic about the results.

<3 Li