You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 09:12:18 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Steam TF2 Question  (Read 551 times)

Online Callie Del NoireTopic starter

Steam TF2 Question
« on: July 15, 2012, 09:38:22 PM »
Whyfor is everyone all of suddenly asking me fer my earbuds?

I've gotten like three offers today!

Offline Shjade

Re: Steam TF2 Question
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 10:06:14 PM »
Because they look terrible on you, dear.

Here, you should probably just let me have those.

Offline Jeramiahh

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 10:10:34 PM »
The main reason? They're rare. In the trading circles, they're one of the single most valuable items, and can be traded for just about any single item, no matter how valuable, and often multiples of anything else.

Why? They were a one-time promotion, only given out to players who logged into TF2 from a Mac during a set time period, max of one per account, during a time when the game didn't have quite the same population it does now (I think it was before the game went free to play, so the population was close to its lowest point).

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 10:15:02 PM »
The main reason? They're rare. In the trading circles, they're one of the single most valuable items, and can be traded for just about any single item, no matter how valuable, and often multiples of anything else.

Why? They were a one-time promotion, only given out to players who logged into TF2 from a Mac during a set time period, max of one per account, during a time when the game didn't have quite the same population it does now (I think it was before the game went free to play, so the population was close to its lowest point).

Question.. is.. HOW DO THEY KNOW I GOT IT?

Offline Shjade

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 10:15:31 PM »
Orly?

Hm. I think I did that... I just don't play TF2 at all so I wouldn't know what's "valuable" in the accessories for it.

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 11:59:13 PM »
I have had folks offer me GAMES for them. It's to the point I have to flag myself offline to play Civ or my other games.

Offline Nazz

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 12:05:34 AM »
If they cause you so much trouble, you could always just get rid of them!

I've been itching for a pair myself. I can relieve you.~

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 12:36:22 AM »
Question.. is.. HOW DO THEY KNOW I GOT IT?

It's likely on your profile as an achievement.  They may have done a search and your profile showed up.  You may also want to report the people making offers to Valve as 'spamming'/'harassing'.

And for the record, I don't play TF2, nor do I intend to, ever.

Offline Qt

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 03:11:02 AM »
Earbuds are rare and often used as a high level currency used for trading unusual hats.

As for why they know you have it, unless you have a private/closed steam profile they can simply click on your profile and check your inventory.

You should probably hold onto the earbuds... or at least trade it once you realize how much it's worth, the thing is... since they are limited items, and other things such as metals/weapons are always being generated as drops, the price will only go up over time for the buds.