You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 06:47:35 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Modern Fantasy Idea - Plot Heavy [M/F]  (Read 380 times)

Offline HemingwayTopic starter

Modern Fantasy Idea - Plot Heavy [M/F]
« on: June 10, 2012, 05:35:35 PM »
Hello!

Just as the title suggests, I'm looking for a game with a modern fantasy setting. I'm not overly familiar with Shadowrun, but I believe it's quite similar to what I have in mind. The setting itself can be either an alternate version of our world, or a unique fantasy world with technology similar to what we have today - or in the near future. The essential part, of course, is that there's magic and magical creatures ( monsters, generally - I don't really want to involve elves and dwarves and other sentient fantasy creatures ) as well. Instead of swords and bows and arrows and magic spells, there'll be submachine guns, 9mms ... and magic spells!

The story I have in mind concerns a global corporation and their scientific research of magic, but may go in different directions depending on the characters involved. My character would be the chief security officer of this corporation ( possibly inspired by the CSO of a corporation in a different work of fiction ), a man with some magical talent, who in one way or another finds himself in the middle of the conflict.

For the female character, I have some ideas, but these are just my preferences and are not set in stone.

My first choice is a character inspired by Charlize Theron's character in the recent movie Prometheus. On the surface, she would be a cold, hard corporate employee ( whose exact title can be anything except that of the actual CEO ). Obviously, there would be more to this character than the unfeeling exterior, but I will leave the details to the person who will actually be playing the character.

My second choice would be that of a scientist involved in the actual research of magic. With this character there would be a bit more flexibility. All I ask is that she not be played as a weak, whimpering geek.

Beyond this, most of the details are open for input and discussion. I have been toying with this idea for quite some time, however, and have quite a few ideas of my own. If this sounds at all interesting, do let me know, preferably in a PM.