You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 05:16:00 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: A Western Story! - Long Term [ M/F, UN ]  (Read 266 times)

Offline HemingwayTopic starter

A Western Story! - Long Term [ M/F, UN ]
« on: March 21, 2012, 05:10:04 PM »
I have an idea for a game that would be something of an experiment. What I'm looking for is a Western story, a traditional one, but with a structure that's different from the types of games I normally do.

My idea was partly inspired by the Bruce Springsteen song Outlaw Pete, which basically tells the story of who else Outlaw Pete, through the years of his life, how he lives as an outlaw, settles down with a Navajo girl, and is eventually found by a bounty hunter. This made me want to do a game spanning many years of the characters' lives, fast-forwarding from one significant event to the next.

In that sense, it would also be somewhat similar to the Into the West miniseries from a few years ( 7!? ) back, and follows the story of one family, and how the west slowly becomes more tame though still exceptionally violent.

I'm leaving the characters and their interactions and relationships open, though my character will definitely be a frontiersman of some sort, and I'm leaning somewhat toward his female counterpart being a native but I'm open to other suggestions, too.

If this sounds interesting, let me know!