News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Winter Wonderland [Game Completed]

Started by Autumn Sativus, January 22, 2012, 05:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Sativus

The cabins have been numbered in rows. The top row from left to right are 1-5, the bottom row from left to right are 6-10. The following list will track the players as they visit the cabins. Keep in mind there are three secret passages linking some of the cabins.

Cabin 1
Professor Sangre

Cabin 2
Doctor Verdigris

Cabin 3

Cabin 4

Cabin 5
Sir Gray

Cabin 6

Cabin 7

Cabin 8
Miss Rose
Miss Ivory

Cabin 9

Cabin 10

Username
Aiden
camille
fancyfictions
Izu
James Moriarty
Om3n
Remiel
Ryven
Starlequin
Valerian
Code Name
Lord Le'Grange
Lady 'Nana Pudding
Miss Rose
Lord Greenleaf
Professor Sangre
Sir Gray
Mister Cornflower
Doctor Verdigris
Monsieur Acksentt
Miss Ivory
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Autumn Sativus

While you are here, you have each been assigned a cabin as you know. You may bunk there for the duration of the investigation. As each day (or round) comes to it's end, you will need to submit to me your guess of both Who (code name) did it and Where (which cabin) via Private Message. Do note that they need not choose their own cabin as the place. Only one correct answer can be confirmed each round. At the end of the round, Jack Frost finds out which players have a confirmed clue and then has the choice to remove one of them from the game, do note that if you find out who has done it before finding out where, you may be at a higher risk. The following round will then begin with the discovery of a body and/or the proceeding investigation. Good luck to you all.
The game will end when a player announces publicly their correct suspicion of both Who and Where. If a player announces an incorrect suspicion, they will be eliminated from the game.

Dinner
"Welcome, Welcome everyone! To the first annual Winter Wonderland dinner party among the cabins! I am so glad that you all could make it." Lady Black serves drinks to her guests while they wait for dinner and soon the dinner begins with the serving staff placing plates below their noses, filled with a plethora of delightful foods sure to keep their hunger tamed during the escapades of the coming night. After dinner and over coffee, Lady Black begins weaving a tale long rumored to be true, though yet to be confirmed.

"Long ago in these very cabins, it is told that a serial killer calling him or herself Jack Frost was able to kill an entire party of ten in as many days. They say that Frost was the guest of a dinner party gone wrong and something simply caused him to snap, going on a murderous rampage and killing all of the attendees of the party before the Host himself. My great-grandfather, Lord Black the Second. Now, I don't know if this next part is true, but I was told that no one in our family has held a dinner party since. The spirit of Jack Frost apparently still wanders here, waiting for the next dinner party so that the events of the night might begin again."

The lights went out. Lady Black stood to her feet to try the light switch, but it seemed the power had gone out. A female voice was heard screaming at the back of the room and all went silent. Then the lights came back on. The lifeless body of the butler, James, lay bloody on the floor in front of the fireplace at the back of the room, though it was quite apparent that the body had been dragged in from elsewhere, that the murder had not occurred here.

"Oh, no." Lady Black spoke with grave concern. "It's happened. The very thing I was warned about, the story I was telling! It's come true!" she nearly fainted, but the maid with the tea arrived just in time to catch her and bring her back around. On teetering feet, a woozy Hostess looked to those around her. "It seems Jack Frost has found a new host. The murderer... is in this room. It is up to you all to investigate this, to find out who has done it and in which cabin the dastardly deed took place. Preferably, before, Jack Frost kills us all?"
Us against the world

Aiden

Lord Le'Grange woke up the next morning early, unable to sleep. Who would be able to get a full night's rest when someone had been murdered the night before. Dressing up in a long coat and thick scarf to battle the chilly crisp morning air, he sat aside his cabin enjoying a mug of coffee. He was unable to enjoy the sunrise with his mind lost in thought. Finally he decided to take a walk and looked for potential clues, footprints mostly.

After some time, he felt he spotted a second track of prints that appeared suspicious but decided it would be best to return to his cabin and mull over his findings.

Anesa

Lady Nana could still hear the blood curdling scream that had alerted them all to the gruesome discovering last night.  Another murder had taken place right under their noses it had seemed.  And of all people, it was James the Butler who had met his demise.   Wasn’t it always the butler who was the number one suspect when a murder was committed? 

Lady Nana did not want to stay in her cabin alone that morning.  With a murderer on the lose, it wasn’t safe for a lady to be left unattended and so completely vulnerable. She had risen quite early to bake a pan of her delicious chocolate chip banana scones , thinking she might take a little stroll over to Cabin 1 and share them with Professor Sangre, along with a thermos full of hot chocolate.  Perhaps the two of them could put their heads together and figure out who the ‘hatchet-wielding” guest was.  Or knife, or gun…whatever it was that brought about the butler’s unfortunate fate, she thought to herself.  To say that she was less than sad about the butler’s passing would be an understatement.  She found him quite rude and obnoxious that evening.  Lady Pudding had brought her infamous scones to the dinner that night, and after offering him a taste of the world-renowned pastries, he simply uttered, “Eh, it’s okay!”.  She was outraged at such a blatant insult to her fine baking skills! 

Wrapping her shawl tightly about her shoulders, she headed on out the door with her tray of goodies in hand.  Standing there at the door of Sangre’s cabin, she gave it a firm rap of her knuckles.  As she waited for him to open the door and invite her in, she noticed a note had been pinned to the door frame.  With eyes darting in either direction to see if anyone was about, she quickly snatched the paper off the peg and stuffed it into her side pocket.

“Hello?  Professor Sangre?  Hellooooo???”

James Moriarty

He had been pacing in his room for some time when he heard the knock at his door.  Eyebrows arched with surprise -- a visitor, this time of morning! -- he moved to the door.  The evening before had been all too dramatic.  He was still on pins and needles now, a half day later, just thinking about it.  Who could really sleep under such circumstances?  He imagined that everyone must be quite afraid for their own lives.  He shook his head ruefully -- this was one excursion he was sure he would remember for the rest of his life.

“Hello?  Professor Sangre?  Hellooooo???”  Another knock.

Taking a deep breath, Professor Sangre opened the door and saw the delightful, and apparently quite scared, woman he had met last night, and knew as Lady Nana.  The morning air was quite chilly, and with a charming smile he motioned the gift-bearing lady into his cabin.  "Why, Lady Nana, to what do I owe this great pleasure?  Do you seek company during this frightening time?  It would be all too understandable -- I myself was about to make my way to your own cabin, which I believe is right across the way?"  Closing the door, he beckoned for her to sit at his small, dark wooden dining table.

Remiel

Mr. Sky Cornflower had been enjoying his vacation--at least, up until now.  The CEO of Cornflower Industries, Inc., a leading producer of ethanol, Cornflower had been looking forward to this for some time.  A week to rest, to relax, to disassociate himself from all of the stresses of running a medium-to-large-size business.   He had left things in the capable hands of his executive VP and was planning on taking advantage of the isolation to catch up on some of his favorite reading.

Unfortunately, Fate seemed to have other ideas.

A murder?  Here?  Suddenly, rest and relaxation was the furthest thing from Mr. Cornflower's mind.  Where the police?  Hadn't they been called?  Then he realized, that as isolated as the Black lands were, it would probably take several hours, if not days, for the authorities to reach them.  Fretting,  Cornflower tried his cellphone--but to no avail.  There was no coverage here.  What, then, to do?

Rather than sit and fret by himself, Cornflower remembered that Miss Ivory, an old friend, was staying in one of the cabins.  Gathering up his resolve and his courage, he decided to call upon Ivory Cabin and pay her a visit.

Aiden

Lord Le'Grange waited until he felt it was a good time to visit the others. His mind was still wrapped around the murder. He was not very familiar with Miss Rose, but he crossed the street to knock on her cabin door, hoping to strike up a conversation and take a look around.

Izu

It was hard to sleep after such a horrible night. He had joined the group because he had been promised a great time and lots of fun. Seeing someone get murdered last night... was not fun! So Lord Greenleaf didn't get to sleep all night, unable to believe that someone of them was a cold-blooded murderer. It was crazy! It was morning when he finally gave up on sleep. He stood up and took a  quick shower before dressing up. He wondered whether there would be breakfast served for them, though... he was not sure whether he had the appetite for one.

He walked out of his cabin and looked around, noting that a few people from the group were searching around. Were they trying to find the murderer? He groaned as his head started pounding with a headache. Maybe he should get something for it? Yeah... it seemed like it was going to be a long day... With a sigh he headed towards Doctor Verdigris's cabin - the doctor should have got some medications, right? And as he looked as an intelligent person, Lord Greenleaf guessed that he might have some idea about the murderer.

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

fancyfictions

Miss Rose was surprised by the knock at her door. She was tired from the night before having gotten little sleep. The news of the butler's demise was disturbing enough to put a damper on any beauty rest she had ever planned on getting. After putting on her robe and slippers, she answered the door.

"Lord Le'Grange?" She was rather happy to see it was a gentleman at the door. For some reason it made her feel safer. "Won't you come in."
Fancy's Fancies|

“Fiction is life with the dull bits left out”- Clive James

Ryven

The doctor was anxious after dinner.  The murder of the butler was startling news indeed.  He headed for his cabin straight away.  It was as good a place as any to start his investigation.  When he arrived, it seemed to look just as how he left it.  There had to be some clue.  After all, someone could have sneaked in while he was at dinner.  Of course, there were 9 other cabins, so it could be a complete waste of time.

A knock at his cabin door startled him.  His vermillion eyes shifted to look at the door. Dr. Verdigris straightened his white jacket before heading toward the door to open it.  There before him was Lord Greenleaf, his hand about his forehead in obvious pain.

"Are you quite well, my lord?"  He asked, gesturing for the man to come inside.

Valerian

Miss Ivory was not at all her usual poised, confident self.  Never had she been so close to such violence, and it was as dreadful as she had always imagined it would be.  She was sorry now that she'd ever read a single detective story, especially since they were now all, apparently, expected to act as detectives themselves.  It was difficult to know where to begin.  Footprints?  A trail of blood?  Retracting the unfortunate butler's last steps?  She would need a bloodhound for any of those things, she thought, unhappily.  If she survived this, she promised herself that she would sign up for that self-defense class at the first possible moment.

The knock at her door startled her a good deal, and she had to take a moment to calm herself before she dared to peek outside.  She let out a deeply relieved sigh when she saw that it was Sky Cornflower, an old friend, who she had been glad to see was a fellow guest -- at least, she'd been glad before they'd known there was a murderer loose.  Now it seemed they would both be better off far away from here.

"Come in, please," she said, opening the door and ushering her guest inside.  "Isn't this dreadful?  Have a seat, please.  Would you like some tea?  Or something a little stronger?"  She did not often indulge in such things, but she had noted a decanter of some sort of spirits in the cabinet in the sitting room and thought that she might even break her usual rule herself.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Izu

Lord Greenleaf sighed softly in relief when the doctor opened the door of his cabin - for a moment he had worried that he might not be there as it seemed that all the guests were moving around. "Doc... I could not sleep after last night and I do feel far from well - my head will explode any moment now..." He sighed, his face pale as he walked in the other man's cabin, moving to the nearest chair to take a seat as even his legs hardly supported his weight.

Om3n

Sir Gray departed from the Black Manor with great trepidation.  The walk to his cabin was quite brief, which worked out just fine for him - his legs were not nearly as strong as they used to be.  He shuffled up to the door of the humble Gray Cabin and slipped inside, looking forward to a night of Earl Grey tea and a Jack London novel to allay his fears following the brutal murder of the butler.

Starlequin

Monsieur Acksentt stumbled out into the cold, the evening's slight excess of wine tugging his steps in conflicting directions as he wandered among the cabins. So, a murder, was it? And he'd thought this would be a dull holiday!

He spied his destination nearby, his old friend Mr. Greenleaf's cabin, and shuffled forward to rap one loose fist on the door. "Pardon, Greenleaf, mon ami, are you in?" No answer returned from behind the cabin's heavy wooden door, but with only a slight push, the door swung open to him.

'Hm, not much security around here...quite possible that poor dead fellow may have shuffled off in there...and if that were so, Greeny would probably want to know...' he thought as he slipped inside for a look round.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Autumn Sativus

This brings the round to an end.

PMs will go out this evening responding to your suspicions.
Us against the world

Remiel

"Given the circumstances, something a bit stronger might be in order," he said.  "Do you have any brandy? Gin?"  He plopped himself into the nearest armchair. 

"You dabble in writing detective stories, if I remember correctly, am I right?  I'm dying to hear your unique perspective."  He grinned wryly at his own joke--hopefully she would not be put off by his dark humor.  "Let me guess--it was the chef who did it?"

He couldn't help himself, and glanced covertly under the furniture as Miss Ivory went to go fetch the drink, just in case there were any clues lying about.

Anesa

She waved a tiny hand to the Professor as she stepped out onto his landing and gently closed the door behind her.  She shivered and pulled her thick, wool shawl tighter around her shoulders as she scurried on down past the Orange Cabin and on to the Blue Cabin, where Mr. Cornflower had been booked for the previous night.  She quickly stepped up to his door and gave a cheerful knock.  One hand felt down along her pant pocket to make certain the note she had confiscated from the Professor's door was still safe, and she smiled to herself, very curious as to what the note read.  But for now, she was getting antsy from standing outside in the cold, winter weather, and she rather impatiently knocked on Mr. Cornflower's door once more. 

"Mr. Cornflower?"  Her voice was a bit shrill and alarming. "Anybody home??"

Not getting any response, she reached down to turn the knob, surprised to find the door opening so easily, and she quickly darted inside to gain shelter from the harrowing, cold wind.

Ryven

The doctor ushered the man in, closing the door behind him before hurrying to his large black bag.  He rummaged around, the sound of vials clinking and pills clattering filling the air.  Verdigris pulled out one orange translucent bottle, pulling open the cap and fishing out two pills.  He made his way to the small kitchenette to fill a glass with water before coming to Greenleaf's side to hand him both.  "Here, my dear man, take these.  It will help with the pain," he said, handing off the glass and pills before cupping the man's chin to examine him a bit closer for further symptoms.

Aiden

"Thank you Miss Rose."
He said politely before stepping in. "I just wanted to check in on how you are doing after the events of the night before. and if you would like to join me as I conduct my own investigation" He asked her, hoping he could trust her and even have a partner to help find the person responsible for the murder before he walked towards Cabin 1, the cabin of Professor Sangre. 

Ryven

After administering such medicine, he sat by Lord Greenleaf's side for a few moments longer before standing.  "Why don't you rest here for a bit.  I fear you may take a tumble if you are not well enough to stand.  I will go and see what I can discover about this ghastly murder," he said before giving the man a gentle pat on the shoulder.  The doctor left his cabin straight away.  He hadn't a clue where to start, so he went to the first cabin that caught his eye which was Cabin 4, the current residence of Mr. Acksentt.

Izu

Lord Greenleaf thanked the doctor when he handed him some medications, quickly downing them with a small frown. He hoped that his headache was going to get better soon or today was going to be a long and unpleasant day. He sighed and looked up at the man when he told him that he was going to search some clues about the murderer. "No... I don't want to stay here alone." He said as he stood up and gave a nod to the doctor.

He followed him out of the cabin and looked around, hesitating whether to follow him, but after a moment he headed towards Cabin 5, wondering whether he could find some clues there.

Valerian

Quote from: Remiel on January 27, 2012, 11:01:41 PM
"Given the circumstances, something a bit stronger might be in order," he said.  "Do you have any brandy? Gin?"  He plopped himself into the nearest armchair. 

"You dabble in writing detective stories, if I remember correctly, am I right?  I'm dying to hear your unique perspective."  He grinned wryly at his own joke--hopefully she would not be put off by his dark humor.  "Let me guess--it was the chef who did it?"

He couldn't help himself, and glanced covertly under the furniture as Miss Ivory went to go fetch the drink, just in case there were any clues lying about.

Having discovered some brandy, Miss Ivory brought a glass to her guest and kept one for herself, though she sipped at hers very gingerly.  "I'm afraid I mostly only read others' efforts, but I do attempt a few puzzles of my own now and then.  Nothing quite as mysterious as all this, though."

She sipped the brandy gingerly again and looked over at Sky seriously.  "Should we search your cabin?  If you haven't had time yet?  We might as well search where we won't inconvenience anyone else first -- if you don't mind joining forces with me for a while, that is.  I'm a little nervous about going anywhere alone just now."
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Autumn Sativus

As a note, camille has left the game due to personal circumstances surrounding her availability.
Us against the world

Remiel

"I was going to pay a call on Monsieur Acksentt, but if you think it would be best.  Although I think I should be quite horrified if I discover that any foul business was perpetrated within my cabin.  I shudder at the thought."   He threw back the glass of brandy, rather more indelicately than Miss Ivory did, and after finishing it, wiped his mouth with a napkin.

"Let us investigate, then--safety in numbers, after all."   And so, with Miss Ivory in tow, he retreated back to his own cabin to search for clues.

Starlequin

Monsieur Acksentt trudged along the partially lit path between the cabins and considered the night's events, a grim expression replacing his normally jovial one. His earlier investigations had not been entirely fruitless, but much mystery still remained to untangle. He considered returning to his own cabin for another glass  of wine (strictly to fortify his nerves, of course), but thought better of it; he cared little for the thought of the murderer claiming another victim while he chased his thoughts round the rim of a glass.

'Seems this night shall provide an interesting test of my endurance,' Lyle thought as he scanned the two rows of cabins for the next target of his inquisitiveness. His gaze fell on the Orange Cabin across the way, and he nodded sharply before approaching the unlit porch and peering in through the front window. 'Yes...you look like a promising little peach, don't you? Let us see what secrets may be concealed in your pit...'
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.