You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 10:07:27 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Where does the Secret Service draw the line?  (Read 505 times)

Online OniyaTopic starter

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Where does the Secret Service draw the line?
« on: January 15, 2012, 01:36:44 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2086591/Let-children-fatherless-wife-widow-Politicians-controversial-email-asks-legislators-pray-Obama.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Okay - we're coming into election year, and everyone and their cousin is complaining about politics and politicians.  Earlier, Veks  (very correctly) posted a message that even if you disagree with a politician's policies, it's both polite and prudent not to post comments about killing them.  If nothing else, it makes the guys with the ear-phones and the Ray-Bans very tetchy.  And yet, when the Kansas House Speaker sends out an email telling his contacts (who might forward that email to anyone) to 'look up' Psalm 109.

Seriously - Let his children be fatherless and his wife a widow?  Why is the Secret Service not calling this guy in for a little chat?

Offline Callie Del Noire

Re: Where does the Secret Service draw the line?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 01:42:33 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2086591/Let-children-fatherless-wife-widow-Politicians-controversial-email-asks-legislators-pray-Obama.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Okay - we're coming into election year, and everyone and their cousin is complaining about politics and politicians.  Earlier, Veks  (very correctly) posted a message that even if you disagree with a politician's policies, it's both polite and prudent not to post comments about killing them.  If nothing else, it makes the guys with the ear-phones and the Ray-Bans very tetchy.  And yet, when the Kansas House Speaker sends out an email telling his contacts (who might forward that email to anyone) to 'look up' Psalm 109.

Seriously - Let his children be fatherless and his wife a widow?  Why is the Secret Service not calling this guy in for a little chat?

I'm sure that they will be talking to him. That is a very stupid move for someone in his position to say and I'm willing to bet the Secret Service guys will put him on the list but it's most likely being graded, rated and assessed. Not everyone who speaks out at the president (or anyone else they cover) merits a heavy response. That being said.. I'm sure that some folks in his own party are going 'What the F* were you thinking!?"

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 02:03:24 AM »
Hopefully they have already talked to him and are watching him and we just don't know about it yet.

Offline Sure

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 03:48:00 AM »
Because sending in federal executive forces to deal with state officials or legislative officials is a touchy subject.

Because the Speaker of the House is likely to be judged unlikely to do anything more than pray.

Because even if they were doing something they wouldn't tell.

Offline Serephino

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 02:17:55 AM »
An elected official actually get in trouble for something?  What world are you people living in?  All they have to do is apologize and all is forgiven.  Hell, some of them don't even have to do that.