You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 11:59:20 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Writing Improvement  (Read 363 times)

Offline AragemTopic starter

Writing Improvement
« on: January 10, 2012, 06:08:38 PM »
I've noticed when I look at my first posts at E, there is a HUGE different to how I write back then compared to how I write now.  I must say that it has been a lot more improvement since then.  I love how E help improves my writing skills. 

Offline Caeli

Re: Writing Improvement
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 08:49:27 AM »
+1 to that. :)

Offline AndyZ

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 01:25:39 AM »
I have a copy of the novel I was trying to write before E, and a rewrite that got started in between, and then the rewrite that I made when I looked over the second version and realized how much I'd improved in just a few months.  This gets my +1 as well.

Offline Shjade

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 01:31:43 AM »
In my case it feels more like rehab than direct improvement. I got out of practice writing after college and instant chat RP just doesn't quite have the depth needed for writing practice - it forms more bad habits than anything. RP here on E, in addition to having some less completely smut options compared with my usual RP venues, allows for much more room to stretch and flex the old creativity, particularly with language and structure and narrative style. It's been nice. ^.^

Actually having some fun experimenting a little with a narrator that doesn't particularly like the character I'm playing in a new RP now...

Yeah, it's a fairly good option for at least keeping in practice, especially if you're not involved in some kind of srs bsns writing group or something to that effect. ^.^