You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 03:24:57 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Footloose!  (Read 488 times)

Offline SabbyTopic starter

Footloose!
« on: October 06, 2011, 01:54:34 PM »
I am loving this slew of 80's movies getting Gritty Reboots, since I don't have the nostalgia to particularly like any of them, let alone 'fondly remember them as classics'. Every time I see an old movie get a remake, I get to sit back and watch people get nasty at each other =3

...and then they're made a The Thing prequel. And I exploded exactly the same x.x but that's not guna stop me from laughing at the following video!

Footloose Movie Trailer Official (HD)

This is happening. Deal with it.  8-)

Offline Kendra

• don't miss me ... I'll be back before you know it
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • Location: ... in your thoughts, your heart, running around playing havoc with your mind
  • I'll be thinking of you
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Footloose!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 02:00:07 PM »
I love The Thing I really do and The Blob and The Stuff lol
they are just hilarious classics - can't imagine that they'd try to make a remake of The Thing but seeing as they've done it to just about every other movie ::)

I never liked Footloose, I took dance for years and just seriously thought the freestyle in it was quirky and laughable
So I never got to see it in the cinema but got to watch it on video thanks to my big sisters who drooled and swooned over Kevin Bacon while moaning about Lori Singer being as bad as she ever had been in Fame the series *insert eyeroll*

Part of me is looking forward to this because the dancing seems really cool and yeah, I actually enjoy watching dance movies for the 'dancing' and not the cringeworthy romance that gets dished in for effect ;)

Another remake is the Musketeers - did we really need another one?
again ... insert eyeroll  ;D

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 02:58:34 PM »
The Musketeers one looks vaguely steam-punkish.  For that reason alone, I'm withholding the 'Oh god, not another one' stamp.

Offline Alysanthia

• But I'm always dreaming, even when I'm awake; it is never finished.
  • Lady
  • Seducer
  • Great heroes need great sorrows and burdens.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 03:47:31 PM »
The Musketeers one looks vaguely steam-punkish.  For that reason alone, I'm withholding the 'Oh god, not another one' stamp.

Second this.

I think if they do a remake, the directors should do little twists or embellish the storyline to make it theirs. They shouldn't try and live up to the original, they should go...

'Okay, we all loved this movie now lets make something we can call a tribute to a great film.'

Instead of...

'Okay, I want to make money and this franchise is pretty popular so lets whip something up for the masses to consume.'  :-\

Offline Stone

• I'd sell your heart to the junkman, baby, for a buck. For a buck.
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • Shedding every value our mothers taught.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 06:42:19 AM »
I'd rather endure half a dozen more Uwe Boll disasters than have them ruin another old classic with a remake.

A The Thing remake would just balls out suck, unless Kurt Russell was once again in it, and they did all the SFX with animatronics again. Which makes making a remake kind of redundant. But all remakes are redundant, anyway. :D :D

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 07:44:48 AM »
In another thread, it was confirmed that the new 'Thing' is actually about the events that preceded Kurt Russell's encounter with the alien.  Another Antarctic research group defrosted the critter and got nerfed.