You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 12:45:56 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: use ability on phones.  (Read 575 times)

Offline sweetangel21Topic starter

use ability on phones.
« on: June 30, 2011, 03:43:20 PM »
dear e many of us love enjoy the web site from our phones. The problem is that some people such as me can not afford the high tech and expensive phones it takes to access the site as seen on a computer. Therfore i have found it a constant annoyence that with out certain features i have trouble not only keeping up with my own rp but that of other's that i truely enjoy reading. So i'm more or less suggesting a more phone compatable search.

Offline Lilias

Re: use ability on phones.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 03:49:47 PM »
We have a WAP2 version that should be easier to work.

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 08:18:37 PM »
i really don't know how i would go about using that. I just want to be able to search for the stories like i can on a computer through a site search engine.

Offline Caeli

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 08:23:04 PM »
We don't really have an "in-between" - only the WAP2 version and the regular browser version.

If you don't find the WAP2 version to your liking, I'm afraid you'll have to wait until you can get on a computer to browse Elliquiy. You always have the option of volunteering to code a more phone-friendly, aesthetically more-intuitive version of Elliquiy, of course.

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 08:37:19 PM »
sadly i don't have the skills for such a thing but maybe my friend in computer technology dose. Thank you alot for the help. Hope you have a good day. 

Offline Trieste

• Faerie Queen; Her Imperial Lubemajesty; Willing Victim
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: In the middle of Happily Ever After with a dark Prince Charming.
  • I am many things - dull is not one of them.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 07:46:19 PM »
It might also be a matter of what browser you are using. I like the Blackberry browser, but the latest version of Opera Mini is pretty sleek. And I didn't like the previous one at all.

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 04:18:58 PM »
like i said previously (cheap phone) i don't have the money for a phone that nice but i'll totally deal.

Offline Trieste

• Faerie Queen; Her Imperial Lubemajesty; Willing Victim
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: In the middle of Happily Ever After with a dark Prince Charming.
  • I am many things - dull is not one of them.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 04:23:47 PM »
Well, I presume your phone uses some sort of browser to surf the internet. Opera Mini is not just for Blackberries. :) I actually went straight from a Motorola w755 (which was not internet-capable) to a Blackberry Curve 8530, which is a smartphone, so I don't know what the middle range - web-capable cell phones that are not smartphones - is capable of as far as browsers. :)