You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 07:11:45 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Wii whackos and Nintendo nashers.  (Read 422 times)

Offline RamaelTopic starter

Wii whackos and Nintendo nashers.
« on: May 29, 2011, 01:13:10 PM »
Having recently bought Super Mario Bros Wii (and loving it, depsite being surprisingly more difficult than I anticipated) it got me thinking about my wii-are there any other gems on this console that I haven't explored?

I'm looking mainly for strategy and/or rpg games, I understand there's a near drought of these types on this platform.

I've got twilight princess (what a game! Zelda forever ftw ffffuuuu.), are there any other decent rpg/strategy games that you guys like?

I understand there's another Naruto game coming out soon too...are the previous Ninja Storms any good?

Offline Kunoichi

Re: Wii whackos and Nintendo nashers.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 01:39:12 PM »
Since you liked Twilight Princess, I've heard great things about the Wii port of Okami, for starters.

I'm not really a fan of strategy or rpg games, myself, so I don't have any other games to suggest on that front, unfortunately.  Perhaps look through some of the WiiWare titles?

Offline Yorubi

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 02:12:02 PM »
Well Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 probably would be on your list since you mentioned Mario. Warioware was pretty fun when i played it and its pretty ADD friendly. XD  Bleh I'm drawing a blank right now... theres some other game I thought of I really liked but I can't remember the name of it.

Offline Caeli

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 11:52:32 PM »
I adore the entire Fire Emblem franchise, really. Path of Radiance (originally for GameCube) and Radiant Dawn (Wii) are the two console editions; PoR is followed directly by its sequel, RD.

It's a strategy-RPG game that, if played correctly, can have an immense amount of depth and tons of replays, especially if you're the type that likes constructing and reconstructing teams. There are "main characters," so to speak, but toooooons of side characters and sub-plots and character development.

Offline Denivar

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 12:05:44 AM »
Both the Fire Emblem games are great -- also consider Phantom Brave, another tactical RPG type game.

Then, if you liked New Super Mario Bros, consider trying Donkey Kong Country Returns. It's very challenging and lots of fun.