You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 12:15:48 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: New U.S. Passport Form  (Read 726 times)

Offline AndyZTopic starter

New U.S. Passport Form
« on: April 26, 2011, 11:20:37 PM »
Left Source:  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42765513/ns/travel-travel_tips/

Right Source:  Link to Glenn Beck's site removed. Do not re-add it.

I was just curious what other people thought of this.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 03:43:59 AM by Vekseid »

Offline Wolfy

Re: New U.S. Passport Form
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 01:11:16 AM »
Oh god Glenn Beck. *moves on* @_@ I hate that guy. >_>

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 01:18:49 AM »
Yeah, I try to check for sources on things from both the left and the right.  If both of them have something about a story, it's more likely to be true.

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 01:31:45 AM »
Yeah, I try to check for sources on things from both the left and the right.  If both of them have something about a story, it's more likely to be true.

:/

Glenn Beck is so far Right he's on the left.

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 01:36:25 AM »
So, what do you think of the MSNBC source on it, then?

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 08:01:18 AM »
As far as I can tell its for those that cannot supply a valid birth certificate which should raise red flags, I assume naturalized citizens have to supply suitable documents in lieu of the birth certificate. So what is the issue that they are being careful to see an American passport goes to Americans only either born here or naturalized as an immigrant that seems odd to expect.

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 03:32:32 PM »
It doesn't take much to get a certified copy of your own birth certificate.  Every state has an office of 'Vital Records' for such things.  I've had to get one for my daughter for school (several moves had somehow eaten the original).

Offline Serephino

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 08:14:21 PM »
Unless you were born in New York...  My boyfriend has been trying to get his for a year now so he can get his driver's license.

But it isn't just the passport office asking all kinds of questions.  I went to the Social Security office today to get proof of benefits so I could go apply for Medical Assistance.  First of all, the security officer searched me after asking if I had any weapons on me...

Then I was asked what city I was born in, what my mother's name was, including her maiden name.  Then she wanted my father's full name, maybe because my benefits are under his record.  I don't know what his middle name was though. 

It used to be they asked me for my SS number, then just printed it out.  It's not like I was asking for a new card or anything.  I thought it was weird.