News:

The Farm Hand [Bon-H]
Congratulations Chi & Geraint for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Silly Guitar Question

Started by Callie Del Noire, December 18, 2009, 11:59:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

I recently bought a guitar to use in Garageband to learn to play (along with some other books/guides I'm looking at) and I just don't have the agility in the fingers (Yet) to do the cords and was wondering if folks who DO play out there can give me some suggestions to get mah fat digits in shape to play!

consortium11

I'm fairly terrible myself, but honestly, practice makes perfect. I had the same issue when I first started but eventually it just started to click. I'm sure there are exercises you can do to improve digit agility however I'd be haf tempted to just spend that time working on playing.

Callie Del Noire

I'm trying to get the E cord and my middle finger won't make enough space for the other finger. :(

That and I'm not quite happy with my strumming.. worked on it again today

MercyfulFate

Practice is about all I can tell you, repeatedly go in order from the first fret on the low E (top string) and do, index, middle finger, ring finger, pinky. Keep doing it until it gets easier.

Sorry, that's bad advice I know. There are little mini-lessons on youtube and different sites. Start off with some standard pentatonic scales and such.

Caeli

It's all practice, I think. The same thing happens on the piano - you don't play for a while, and your hand feels a little clunky when playing arpeggios and scales and stuff. It's just practicing over and over until your fingers get more limber and used to the movement.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs