New Heroes of Elliquiy City (Masks, Working Out Team Makeup)

Started by Nastara, August 21, 2018, 03:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoanieSappho

Time to expand birb!

Hero Info
Superhero Name: Kiwinissa
Real Name (if different):
Playbook: Outsider
Abilities: Can fly, pretty tough, Stunning Beauty/Pheromones, Radical Shapeshifting
Pronouns/Gender: Her/Variable
Interested In: Women/Men/Hermaphrodite/Masculine Monsters/Feminine Monsters
Brief Description:
While most of Nissa's people, the Acanthisitti, are content to stay on their handful of settled worlds, there are always a few who feel the need to get out into the wider universe and just wander. When Nissa gave into the urges and left, it was to general disappointment, a promising young singer lost to the wanderlust that plagued a small portion of her people.
Still, she wasn't stopped from departing and, while her arrival on Earth was entirely accidental and she had to fall back heavily on the potent pheromones and innate shapeshifting that her people possess before she learned the basics of human interaction, she's started to find herself falling in love with this planet and it's inhabitants, who look so much like the cute little micro-monkeys often kept as pets back home.
Of course, given her native form, the existence of pet birds deeply confuses and unsettles her, but she's willing to overlook that!

What some humans seem intent on doing to others, however, is not something she'll just stand by and let happen, though!

Of course, fitting in with these humans is certainly difficult, even with her ability to look like them Nissa can't quite get the hang of thinking like they do, not to mention that, of course, there are some pretty big differences in human cultures and those of the Acanthisitti. For one, humans are just ... stuck in one body! She's far too used to the concept of physical identity being entirely fluid and representative of who people are, that this thing really confuses her.
Still, she's here, everything is weird and interesting and new and people really do seem to need her help.
For a bit, at least. She knows that she has to go home sooner or later as, well, she does miss her two fiances.

On the other hand, only three Acanthisitti together is a really small bond group, so perhaps she could meet a nice human and see if the other two like them, too ...
Basically, she's a shapeshifting alien space bird singer who is really happy to be here and willing to help out where she can.

Background Questions with IC answers

Where do you come from?: Acanthisirsila. Nice world, full of people like me, but they're boring and everything is the same and, I mean, they are nice people, but it's boooooring there.
Why did you come to Earth?: Because I wanted to and definitely not because it was either crash on Earth or see if I can breathe the stuff on the second planet from this star.
Why do you want to stay here (for now at least)? It's all new and shiny and interesting and also I don't actually have a way home quite yet ...
Why do your people want you to come home? Well, my ... wives? Wives. My wives want me to get home so we can be together and stuff.
Why do you care about the team?: People need help, and they're helping! They're good people and they're kind and nice to me, too. Some of them do keep telling me to wear clothes, but they'll get used to me soon, I'm sure.
Relationships

You’ve been learning about Earth by spending time with _____________.
You have a crush on ________________ but you keep it under wraps.

I'll be honest, I kinda really want to pick Zylphia for the first one. For reasons that should be immediately apparent.

Familiarity With Masks/PbtA: Dungeon World experience
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Nearly daily. If I'm especially unwell or tired, I might miss a day.

Tokyorose627

This game looks super interesting, but I’ve never heard of this type of game mechanics used. I’m afraid I may not be able to write adequately without messing something up; is there some free forms aspects, or is it mostly like board game mechanics?

TeacupTwink

Tokyorose627

So I wasn’t sure if anyone was still allowed to make profiles for characters? I made one just Incase if it was still open, but if it’s not, I’ll either wait until it can be opened again, or simply rescind my character. D:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Hero Info

Superhero Name: Neon

Real Name (if different): Lapis Parr

Playbook: The Beacon/The Star

Abilities: Neon Manipulation

From sucking up whatever neon she can find from signs or lights, Lapis can use the stored up neon as projectiles, physical manifestations that can injure, and can even use neon to streak ascross the city in a flash (even leaving a trail of neon afterglow shots of her moving!)

Pronouns/Gender: She/Her

Interested In: Men/Masculine Monsters

Brief Description: Lapis Parr is a vibrant, excitable young woman with (currently) neon blue hair, brown eyes, and an insatiable attitude for anything exciting, with a tendency to change her look on multiple occasions. Growing up with only her father as a parental figure, she grew a close bond with him, always watching him work hard to win races at the city’s fastest race track  as the soon to be top racer! Cheering him in at every race, doing what she could to help him get his tools, she was always their for him, and the two bonded closely. The thought of hero work was somewhat of an afterthought in the family, seeing that hero’s couldn’t provide all of the world’s entertainment and excitement. Lapis’s father became one of the best drivers in the circuit four years in a row, and became a local icon amongst the populace.

Despite her and her fathers close bond, she couldn’t tell her father everything. When she was in high school, she got into a sketchy crowd that landed her a not so great boyfriend, who needed up simply toying around with her, only to talk about her behind her back. The fragile mind and emotions of her teenage years caused her to shatter and turn to food for comfort. Gaining a significant amount of weight as a young girl, she didn’t find much self confidence in herself, and began to wonder what exactly what she was supposed to do with her life once school was over. With barely any friends, and afraid to tell her father, the unthinkable happened. Like a spark igniting a fire, a beam of...something, shot from her hand. It’s colors reminded her of neon, and when hesitantly inspected again, her suspicions were correct! Not willing to keep this sort of secret from her father, she ran home to him to tell him of what exactly happened, and after multiple times and endless hours of talking with her, she finally opened up to talking about her relationship with her ex boyfriend after two years.

Their familial bond became closer after that day, and with some confused but supportive guidance, her father helped her figure out her powers, slowly. With the support of her father, and new bound of confidence, Lapis began to slowly but surely work off the weight she had gained, making it to college with perfect grades. Her school career was put on hold when her father needed more work at his bike shop to help make ends meet, and Lapis soon became a permanent resident at her fathers workstation, helping fix bikes and get supplies he needed. The itch for excitement couldn’t be contained in her any longer however, as the idea of racing soon seeped into her own blood, and much like her father, she began learning the ways of the race track. Rather then cars, she settled on motorbikes, and soon became a rising star within the race circuit. Strangely enough, modeling deals for race companies came her way after she gained a rather curvaceous body from exercising her guilt weight away, and intrigued by the offers, took them. With a new found confidence, Lapis is now a well known model and motorbike racer within the city, with a reputation for partying and going with the flow!

Lapis’s First Modeling Look

Familiarity With Masks/PbtA: I’ve never tried a system like this but I’m eager to learn!

How Often Do You Elliquiy?: At The moment I’m weekly due to University. I try to reply to stuff when I can but if I need a nudge, feel free and I’ll get to it as quickly as I can!

Tokyorose627

So, is this game still recruiting or not? I haven’t heard any word from the GM, so is it just closed? D:

Sain

I figure it is closed. The GM is starting the game up at the moment.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Sain on September 06, 2018, 11:03:29 AM
I figure it is closed. The GM is starting the game up at the moment.

Ah ok. I wish I would have gotten a message or something at least rather then using up my time making a character. ;A;

Nastara

Sorry to have disappeared from here for a little while!  Had some RL things come up!

Yes, unfortunately at this time, the game is closed!  Keep an eye out though, I'd love to keep having rad heroes!
Delvers Company: Origins (Starting Soon!)
Red Team OOC| Blue Team OOC| Worldbuilding

Nastara

Super nice to be back! And hoping to slowly build things out into lots of comic book action!
Delvers Company: Origins (Starting Soon!)
Red Team OOC| Blue Team OOC| Worldbuilding