I aim to misbehave - A Firefly RP Interest Check

Started by Primarch, January 22, 2023, 09:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Heritage

Sent off a PM for consideration. I didn't get a Discord invite yet.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Kuroneko

Quote from: Primarch on January 22, 2023, 04:05:00 PM
Added

Working on a sheet now.

Quote from: TippedVelvet on January 22, 2023, 04:07:33 PM

@Kuro: Any thoughts you'd like to share on your Captain? Would you like us to have an existing relationship like Mal and Zoe, or would you prefer that we weren't so attuned? Pm me!

I'll send you a PM  ;)
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Andronica

I'm considering a sweet, worldly sort of character. Maybe my gal found her way onto the ship a few years back from their stop in a backwater planet - a former working girl from Deadwood or the like - who's now trying her hand at helping others.

I'm still considering a Merc so I'm going to chew on this idea and a few others.

Kuroneko

I'm going to toss up a faceclaim of Claudia Black for my captain, just because.  ::)

Cold Heritage

Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Outcast

Having had the suggestion to play a character who could get away with a limited degree of activity... perhaps a long-term passenger might work.

I'm toying with the idea of a professional gambler, paying for passage aboard the ship - and helping out when she can.  From a privileged Core Worlds background, she wound up with war-time injuries and strong sympathy for the Independent cause.  Relations with her family and former peers are now, understandably, more than a little strained: an alternate family might be very welcome indeed.

Faceclaim would be Cara Gee, if possible.
My Ons and Offs  My A/A (updated 12/5/24)

greypsychman

Are you still looking for people? I would be interested in a former browncoat- mercenary.

Primarch

Quote from: Outcast on January 22, 2023, 06:13:57 PM
Having had the suggestion to play a character who could get away with a limited degree of activity... perhaps a long-term passenger might work.

I'm toying with the idea of a professional gambler, paying for passage aboard the ship - and helping out when she can.  From a privileged Core Worlds background, she wound up with war-time injuries and strong sympathy for the Independent cause.  Relations with her family and former peers are now, understandably, more than a little strained: an alternate family might be very welcome indeed.

Faceclaim would be Cara Gee, if possible.

Care Gee, love it!

Quote from: greypsychman on January 22, 2023, 06:28:49 PM
Are you still looking for people? I would be interested in a former browncoat- mercenary.

Sounds good to me!

Vergil Tanner

Further to my previous post, I'd like to confirm that I'm gonna be going for an onboard Companion! It looks like this group of ragtags could use a woman with a honeyed voice who can help them talk their way out or bribe their way out of danger, and give them excuses to be in certain areas. Plus, to flirt and tease the boys and girls both :P

So yeh, when a character sheet template gets posted, I'll be filling out one for the role of Companion!

And if anybody wants any shared history, connections or "Intimate Past" with her, I'd be open to ideas ;) :P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Kadigan

I had a bit of a thought for a passenger type if there's still room, and if so I would open up mechanic. Sort of a Documentary/Newscast type (think a merger of Monica Stuart and Elio from The Expanse if that helps...) could possibly help int he same way a companion could "respectable, press badge gets them in palces..." etc....if not then I'd keep with mechanic.

TippedVelvet

For faceclaims I'm leaning toward a young Katee Sackoff, from perhaps the Battlestar Galactica era.

Do we have any kind of spiritual advisor on board? That could be fun.
Interested in writing with me? Check out my likes!

Kuroneko

Personally, I think you should go with the mechanic. I can't speak for Primarch, but having the press on board would be a potential liability for the captain. Though I'm not accepted yet, so take that with a grain of salt  :-)

Primarch

Quote from: Kadigan on January 22, 2023, 08:07:43 PM
I had a bit of a thought for a passenger type if there's still room, and if so I would open up mechanic. Sort of a Documentary/Newscast type (think a merger of Monica Stuart and Elio from The Expanse if that helps...) could possibly help int he same way a companion could "respectable, press badge gets them in palces..." etc....if not then I'd keep with mechanic.

I can see where Kuroneko is coming from with someone on the press being a potential liability but if there was some sort of "we're smugglers so you never report on anything to do with us, but we'll smuggle you to places for your story" it might be a thing? That being said a reporter might need to be in certain places if its where the story is and the ship may need to go in a different direction? That could be a matter of friction IC more so than a character blocker? So there's something there if you're interested in making it work.

Quote from: TippedVelvet on January 22, 2023, 08:15:51 PM
For faceclaims I'm leaning toward a young Katee Sackoff, from perhaps the Battlestar Galactica era.

Do we have any kind of spiritual advisor on board? That could be fun.

I do not believe we've had interest in a spiritual advisor.

Kuroneko

Quote from: Primarch on January 23, 2023, 07:52:38 AM

I do not believe we've had interest in a spiritual advisor.

I'm revamping my captain and going in a totally different direction, so you might get your spiritual advisor, at least in some capacity  ;)

Andronica

Quote from: Kuroneko on January 23, 2023, 10:44:54 AM
I'm revamping my captain and going in a totally different direction, so you might get your spiritual advisor, at least in some capacity  ;)

I bet the Captain sends people to meet their Maker on a regular basis... >.>

Kuroneko

Quote from: Andronica on January 23, 2023, 10:57:32 AM
I bet the Captain sends people to meet their Maker on a regular basis... >.>

I like how you think  ;D

Primarch

Hey all, quick update. OOC thread is posted. You are encouraged to use it & abuse it:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=348475.0

TippedVelvet

I'll be working on my character sheet today and tomorrow. I should have something up by the close of business tomorrow (U.S. Eastern Time).
Interested in writing with me? Check out my likes!

Andronica

Devil

Is there room for one more? I'm unsure of my character concept at the moment, but I'm sure I can come up with something if there is room. Maybe former alliance fugitive who may or may not be privy to certain, sensitive, possibly high value info? Or maybe just another merc or run of the mill hired muscle? I thought he could be a skilled chef as well, but I see the cook position is already taken. He could also be a skilled and accomplished pilot? I know there is already a pilot, but it could never hurt to have another member with that important skillset. Just a thought. It's all moot if there's no more room for more.
“The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist”—Charles Baudelaire

Primarch

Very welcome to join! I imagine we'll see some skill overlap so I'm sure we can take one of those roles and find something for you.

Kadigan

I sort of jumped in liking the concept but without any much idea of a character. At this point there’s plenty of people wanting a pace that probably have better ideas.  Bowing out of my hold on the mechanic.

Primarch

Outcast

Quote from: Kadigan on January 24, 2023, 02:19:28 PM
I sort of jumped in liking the concept but without any much idea of a character. At this point there’s plenty of people wanting a pace that probably have better ideas.  Bowing out of my hold on the mechanic.

Hopefully inspiration strikes and you feel able to submit a character idea.  :)
My Ons and Offs  My A/A (updated 12/5/24)

Andronica

Quote from: Devil on January 24, 2023, 11:58:42 AM
Is there room for one more? I'm unsure of my character concept at the moment, but I'm sure I can come up with something if there is room. Maybe former alliance fugitive who may or may not be privy to certain, sensitive, possibly high value info? Or maybe just another merc or run of the mill hired muscle? I thought he could be a skilled chef as well, but I see the cook position is already taken. He could also be a skilled and accomplished pilot? I know there is already a pilot, but it could never hurt to have another member with that important skillset. Just a thought. It's all moot if there's no more room for more.

I'm sure Vane would be happy to help you figure out a role for this if you'd like to do some brainstorming back and forth! We've got some openings as you probably noted from Vane's updated OP. :)