What would you NEVER eat?

Started by PennySludt, February 20, 2016, 01:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PennySludt

I'm wondering what is something you would NEVER eat, or something you've eaten but never would again?

For me, I don't think I could ever face eating tripe. Just...no....And maybe sweetmeats sweetbreads? too....and brains.....yeah, no....
May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

ErisXfrost

I think i'll go with Penny on this one. xD

I don't think i'll be having tripe again, anytime soon.

Beguile's Mistress

I've smell tripe cooking.  That immediately turned on my abhorrence for it.  I would never knowingly eat organ meats of any kind.

Phantomhive

Trip. Haggis. Liver. Brains. I agree with everyone who spoke of offal it is only good enough to feed my dog and cat.
There is no hiding who you are, legacy or curse all means the same thing to a Phantomhive. He will find me and remind me of my obligations and I guess I had a good run, because I know he will find me. In the end you can't escape who you are and yet one keeps trying until  thoughts become reality.

The Dark Raven

Chitlins, and other assorted offal.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

AmberStarfire

Mushrooms, as and when they can be avoided.

Soya milk.

Black/blood pudding.

Tripe sounds kind of horrible, so yeah no thanks.

Mountain oysters also.

And real oysters.

Phantomhive

Fugu no matter how experienced the chef is I wouls NEVER run the gauntlet with death.
There is no hiding who you are, legacy or curse all means the same thing to a Phantomhive. He will find me and remind me of my obligations and I guess I had a good run, because I know he will find me. In the end you can't escape who you are and yet one keeps trying until  thoughts become reality.

Kakihara

Mushrooms.  It's as much a texture as a taste thing.  Just nope.

Insects.  Yeah, I scream like a little girl just having them near me, putting them in my mouth... NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oreo

Okra, and papaya = slimefood, and waxfruit.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

shasha

HI I would never eat myself :) ok maybe if I am a week into starvation. then maybe
not sure what to put here, at the moment.

Nico

SmokingCamels

I can't eat mushrooms because I am allergic to them.  But... aside from stuff that isn't actually considered food (like brains) not counting, and sticking to the topic of actual food.  Anchovies and Sardines. 

But.  More than most things that end up on my list of, "I won't touch that crap, let alone put it in my mouth and swallow" is...

DRUM ROLL

Miracle Whip!   <--- Some of the grossest stuff I've ever tasted.

It must be Duke's.  If it isn't Duke's, then damnit, get some BBQ sauce or something.  If you absolutely have too, Hellman's is acceptable.  In an emergency.  But it's Duke's Mayo FTW.  Anyone who says otherwise is Blaspheming. 

Emphatic Enigma

If anyone gets mushrooms they don't want, feel free to pass them this way! I love mushrooms.

I would never eat something -alive- , I mean like, eating it while it's living and breathing. The very thought makes me shudder.
Raw meat / fish is also something I won't generally eat unless I'm in a situation where I feel I have to be very polite. ;p

Angelic Kitten

Anything that looks like a bug

>.<

ick.

Oreo

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Stella

Mussels. I tried them, even though I don't take to any seafood. They weren't as awful as I thought they would be but I'll never eat them again. It might have something to do with the way we ate them - using their shells as chopsticks. *shudders*

SmokingCamels

That's interesting.  I've never actually eaten mussels, but having to slurp them from shells like oysters, eh.  Gross.  Even shells like chopsticks are gross in my head.

I could never go complete Vegan.  My species did not rise to the top of the food chain to not eat meat.

CottonKitty

Tiết canh - Vietnamese Blood Pudding

Bandit 600

I really cannot think up anything I would not try once, though having had mushrooms a few times, they are of the devil.

SapphireStar

Smelts: Just no.

Calamari: Tried it once, thought it was good till I was told what it was. Never ate it again.

Liver and Onions: Nope.

Odd flavored jellybeans. The ones JellyBelly puts out for Harry Potter like Earwax, Popcorn, etc. I like jellybeans but not ones that taste like earwax.

Eikichi

PMs are open for all role play inquiries.

RedRose

Was thinking bugs and that poisoned fish... fugu?
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

SapphireStar

Popcorn flavored ice cream. I like a lot of different flavored ice cream, but, yeah, no.

drummer2006jk

Mushrooms. The smell and the taste of them...it's just nasty. Especially cooked mushrooms as those almost always want to make me throw up.

Hominy: First time I saw it and didn't know what it was. My dad told me that it tasted like corn. Yeah I know that hominy is a corn product, but my eleven year old mind was screaming "That Is Not Corn!" when I first tasted hominy.

Chi

Jellied moos nose. Tried it at a pow-wow I went to with hubby. His cousin told me it was a delicacy and was delicious. Nasty, just nasty.
~~~ Language is my canvas, and words are my palette. Wanna finger paint?  ~~~

Harley Quinn

Ons/Offs - Absences

Note: Since I get mistaken for this other member a lot, my username has a space and is Harley Quinn - I am not HarleyQuinn

Despairs

---> Click here to visit current request thread for pairings with plots as well as ons and offs.<---
Note: Strictly  homosexual pairings as the main focus in stories bore me, however I am fine with it as side pairings as long as I write for the males  in a relationship with each other, or the two  males involved with each other and the female in a polyamory relationship.

Status: May be slow in replying to messages due to online Uni and job hunting.

Uni graduation: 8/24/25.

Csharynn

Liver, cow's foot, pig lips. The list is endless.

Despairs

The testicles of other animals or human beings.
---> Click here to visit current request thread for pairings with plots as well as ons and offs.<---
Note: Strictly  homosexual pairings as the main focus in stories bore me, however I am fine with it as side pairings as long as I write for the males  in a relationship with each other, or the two  males involved with each other and the female in a polyamory relationship.

AmberStarfire

Black pudding/blood pudding/blood sausage

It's a common Irish breakfast food. I tried it and didn't like it (especially after reading up on how it's made) so I avoid it. I do however like white pudding (the bloodless variety).

Despairs

Raw uncooked fish. (What does white pudding taste like?)

AmberStarfire

It's hard to describe. Not that different to normal sausages I guess but with a mealier consistency and it tastes a bit nicer. It usually comes in a plastic-wrapped roll. You cut it into slices and usually fry it. I cook mine on foil in the oven, with a bit of olive oil so it doesn't stick. It's nice and I like making breakfast sandwiches out of it (with tomato sauce/ketchup).

Despairs

(It doesn't sound bad.) I would never eat a snake.

Rhedyn

Jellied eels. We used to buy them for my Grandad when he was alive as he loved them. I can't even look at them without feeling like I want to vomit.

Despairs

(May your grandfather rest in peace. Sorry for your loss.) I would never eat possum.

Csharynn

A Big Unknown

Czernina (a Polish soup which is basically duck's/goose's blood with water and seasoning. Yuck!)

Nico

Mnemosyne

Food coloring. (( I tried it once before out of curiosity... dyed my mouth black. Not tasty at all. Would not recommend. Unless you really can't help yourself. ))
I like my posts like I like my cock.
Thick, lengthy, and something I can choke up on.
Cravings//Apologies&Absences//O&O
I've been Insulted... Disrespected... I've been
Mistreated

SmuttyReader

Anything that ends with berry and kiwis.

whimsy

muffins made with unicorn blood
o/o ⊱ ☯ ⊰ a/a

Mnemosyne

I like my posts like I like my cock.
Thick, lengthy, and something I can choke up on.
Cravings//Apologies&Absences//O&O
I've been Insulted... Disrespected... I've been
Mistreated

whimsy

o/o ⊱ ☯ ⊰ a/a

dhalim

jellied animal parts of any kind

Piper

That "seafood salad" stuff with whole baby octopus and slimy other yucky stuff

SmuttyReader

Gizzards and Livers! It's a Texas/Southern thing.

Trigon

Knightshadow

My song for Piper:
"In this part of the story I am the one who
Dies, the only one, and I will die of love because I love you,
Because I love you, Love, in fire and blood."

Pablo Neruda

whimsy

o/o ⊱ ☯ ⊰ a/a

Alhanna

Oh gosh. Um. Brussel sprouts, pickles, mushrooms, most seafood, sour flavored food....

The Oath of the Drake

She's real, she's deep, she's logical and mystical. She believes in kindness and oneness and romance. She's sensitive and distant, a warrior, a lover. She believes in road trips to the stars and dancing with the universe. She's fearless and gentle, wondrous and brave. She lives in waterfalls and forests and sunsets and galaxies. She's the artist, the thinker, the poem and the dream. - Creig Crippen

whimsy

o/o ⊱ ☯ ⊰ a/a

Warlock

Surströming, a Swedish *shudder* delicacy.

Vegemite. Never. Again.

Blythe

Seconding Vegemite. *shudders* So awful.

DealWithTheDevil

Mushrooms, Vegemite, or Pickled Pigs Feet (at least not again...)

AmberStarfire

I like Vegemite. I grew up eating that as a kid. It has memories attached. :)

Dez

Despairs

Snake, goat testicles, dogs and cats. Yes, there are people that eat cats.

gaggedLouise

"Beef" (or whatever you'd call it) made of insects. No thanks - there has to be better ways of solving the problem of feeding the world than grubbing cakes of grasshoppers and ants.  >:(

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

MariaPosa

Shrimp because I'm allergic, and plantains because I hate the way they looked cooked.

Rated F

I would never eat the collected splat books of DnD 3.5

Irisa

I never want to have hákarl again.  It's and Icelandic adventure.  It's putrefied shark.  Imagine soaking cube of some sort of firm light colored meat in ammonia for a few month, then eating it. 

I won't eat factory farmed animals.  If you hunt down Bambi, I'll eat some of him, but I wont eat his genitals. 

Anesa

Kia

Organ anything - I do manage liver now and then. But there is something about the taste and texture of gizzards, kidneys and hogshead cheese that is blehhhhhh.

I was also asked to help write an insect cookbook a while back. The results were ... interesting. While I am open minded to some insects (chocolate ants are tasty), I do have to draw a line at steamed tarantula and fried cockroaches.

Jeric

When I was in Thailand I had squid from a vendor off the street. I gave me the worst digestive problems the next day at the airport going to India.

Never eating food from a street vendor in Thailand again.

Tanken Sai

Never eating. Chitterlings. No matter how they hate prepared. I know what they are , not doing.
May the goddess watch over you

Trigon

I would never eat a ghost pepper ever again. Tried it once and it felt like hell on earth...

phoenix80

Animal brains/eyes/testicals etc. I know they aren't harmful to humans but I don't see how they'd be meant to be eaten. Oh, and anything that's still alive on my plate.

whimsy

o/o ⊱ ☯ ⊰ a/a

Samael

Mushrooms.
I just can't stomach them.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Lady Shadow

I agree with not eating tripe and mushrooms, no one should ever eat fungus. But for me it would have to be Caviar, Raw fish eggs just doesn't sound right, whether or not its a delicacy.
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~

Beej

Old R’lyeh Brewery. Enjoy a cold one, by the Great Old One.

Lady Shadow

Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
~Elvis Presley~

King Pudding

Bananas, keep them the hell away from me!

Lady Shadow

Caviar, yeah its a delicacy but get the hell outta my way with that!
~Elvis Presley~

Csharynn

freakula86

Trigon

WordSmith

Nico

CassieBear

Ideas|O/O's|Post Tracker
Click Me!
Random PMs always welcome.
Roleplays:Not actively seeking.
Posting Frequency: Up to a Month
Replies Owed: 0 of 4

Queen Cuppy

Mushrooms, the texture is horrendous and makes me want to gag, bleh!
"You're mad. Bonkers. Off your head... But I'll tell you a secret... some of the best people are."

Request Thread & F-List

Story Tale

RainyHigh

One thing I'll never eat again... crab legs. Found out as a teen... I'm very allergic to shellfish. :( It was soo tasty tho.
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

Inkidu

Tea, the only food so far to actually make me gag.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

RainyHigh

Another thing I'll never eat again... some salsa verde from one of a specific restaurant that made my tongue go numb for nearly an hour. Love their chimi's tho!
Rainy's Ons and Offs

CassieBear

Quote from: Queen Cuppy on February 25, 2022, 09:54:03 PM
Mushrooms, the texture is horrendous and makes me want to gag, bleh!

I'm with you there.

Another one for me is avocado.
Ideas|O/O's|Post Tracker
Click Me!
Random PMs always welcome.
Roleplays:Not actively seeking.
Posting Frequency: Up to a Month
Replies Owed: 0 of 4

Nico

Anything too spicy. My stomach would throw a fit.

Azy

Oysters.  Nothing slimy or rubbery for me thanks. 

AmberStarfire

I agree with some of the others posting. No oysters, mushrooms, tripe, caviar etc. Also no rabbit or duck (ever).

I will eat foods that have mushrooms in them, but I do my best to pick them out. :)

vysethethird

Hmm, besides Jello, hard to say what else to include here that wouldn't cause more issues.

solkar

RedRose

O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]

Hexx

+1 Oysters. Just uh, can't get over the texture thing I guess.

I have to agree with the post above, anything alive is also a big nope.

You know the one thing I'm really just never even going to try is super mature cheese. I was watching a TV programme on food and there was this type of cheese that was illegal to sell because they let maggots form in it and oh my goodness, respect to anyone who tried that but nooooo. That one stuck with me. xD

Endorphin

Quote from: Hexx on April 24, 2022, 07:47:45 PM
I have to agree with the post above, anything alive is also a big nope.
+1
"The imagination is the spur of delights... all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" - Marquis de Sade

JosephTheBat

Tripe meat

(I love animals too much.)
*~*~*   Joseph's Dream wishes and Off-s    *~*~*

RainyHigh

After watching a particular episode of a specific show.
A live octopus.
Or any octopus. :(
Rainy's Ons and Offs

JosephTheBat

*~*~*   Joseph's Dream wishes and Off-s    *~*~*

Lovely Complex

Oysters, anything with eyeballs, caviar, and that's about it.

I'm a foodie but not into everything...

LunarMoon

Peas. I just can't do the texture of them, ya know? And the flavor... Has never really been my favorite lol.
Oh, and yogurt! Just haven't been able to find a flavor or brand that I really like-- doesn't help that I'm limited to dairy-free/lactose free ones either, though. :c
─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Conqueeftador

Anything that is alive or moving. Utterly disgusting.

aqua

Kurogane

Olissia

RainyHigh

Rainy's Ons and Offs

Araedrel

I would never eat:

Shellfish of any kind- deathly allergic. I'm talking insta hives, followed by anaphylactic shock.

Avocado- It's the texture. The taste is fine. Guacamole falls under avocado because made from it and looks gross

Tofu- eww slimy.

Chitlins, liver, eyes, ears, snouts, tails, feet.. NO.

Olissia

Quote from: Araedrel on August 29, 2022, 08:33:11 PM
I would never eat:

Shellfish of any kind- deathly allergic. I'm talking insta hives, followed by anaphylactic shock.

Avocado- It's the texture. The taste is fine. Guacamole falls under avocado because made from it and looks gross

Tofu- eww slimy.

Chitlins, liver, eyes, ears, snouts, tails, feet.. NO.

Agree with all of this completely.

Cheka Man

Sauces-uggrh.
Veal-because making it is horrible for animals.

Nico

WiCk3d

Response time: About a week
Availability for rp: I am not looking for new rp partners.
Counter~
O's & O's~
My Plots ~ Updated 1/10/2023

Lyrical

kimchi

I know it's popular and I'm sure there are good varieties of it but I can't get past the smell of all the local stuff. It smells like sewer water.

Ozolosterna

Casu Martzu (maggot-infested cheese from Sardinia, Italy).

Stella

Lyrical

cooked spinach...

it's fine raw in my salad but when it's cooked it's just slimy and gross

DragonflyAlice

I will never eat deer meat. This is because when I was little and had just watched Bambi, my step dad gave me some and as it was in my mouth, he said I was eating Bambi. As a small child that really messed me up! So mean! I spit it out and had a meltdown.

RainyHigh

Probably puffer fish; I'm too chicken.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Nico

Too spicy food. I love it, my stomach doesn't.

RedRose

We ate Ethiopian yesterday. This morning a kid and I were sick.

CaptainErotica

Natto (Japanese fermented beans).

I know it is super healthy but I cannot get past the smell (baby poo) and the look (a runny nose).

MoonWolf

RainyHigh

Fish eyes. Just... I can't. XD
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Beguile's Mistress

Shekinah

Why don’t we drink to me and my reflection in your lovely eyes?

My O/O's
Have you taken care of yourself today?

Lyrical

insects, i don't care if they are dipped in chocolate

Lady Shadow

~Elvis Presley~

LemonMelon

Quote from: Lyrical on April 08, 2023, 04:28:48 PM
insects, i don't care if they are dipped in chocolate
Same, and the idea of eating animals whole in itself is revolting; I don't know if people ever thought much about that. Even insects have bowels...

RedRose

Now they're putting in some food. I'm NOT buying that this is repulsive. I'd have to be starving.

FashionDaniel

Insects! I'm such a wuss but thinking about eating insects makes my skin crawl.

Beguile's Mistress

Most of the food in this place!  ;D

Trigon

Monkey brains, which is apparently a delicacy in some areas of Africa.

Silvered Sutures

My O/O Thread
Discord handle; Silvered Sutures

RedRose

Same. I'll write it for MM and I'm ok with my f character receiving it but irl??

Silvered Sutures

My O/O Thread
Discord handle; Silvered Sutures

varjue

There's a lot of things I would try and I'd generally be very open to eating, especially when it comes to cultural exchange- but I can't eat bugs. I can't do it. It does crazy stuff to my brain. Kudos to those who do though. o7

Spillthebees

WanderingBlackDragon

I wouldn't eat Deer meat, organ meat, or anything with cilantro in it.

Seriously, whoever came up with Cilantro needs to be tried for war crimes!

Starling

I second the deer meat. Also lamb. Chocolate that has either caramel or bits of fruit/raisins in it (strawberry jam/yogurt filling is fine though). Why would you ruin perfectly good chocolate?! Heathen. /j (But seriously, not my thing.)
Just your average assistant to a villain.

Top Cat

Jalapeños. When I was younger, they'd cause me to throw up. I know this, because a coworker at a pizza joint I worked at slipped some under the cheese on a personal lunch pizza of mine.

I have a sterner stomach these days (and can handle hotter foods, too), but the overall flavor, plus the memories, makes this one food item that I will never voluntarily eat.
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

RainyHigh

Balut.

I'm sure it's been mentioned here before, but I just ... no.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Temptress69

Sauerkraut...absolutely not. When I was younger I did a blind taste test with my classmates. One of the items was sauerkraut. As soon as it touched my tongue I completely spit it right back out. Most disgusting thing I've ever had in my mouth.

Stablery

Nervous tissue. Prions are scary AF.

Imagine that you eat something today. Years from now, you'll start noticing small things. And then the battery of tests will begin, and the symptoms will get worse, and if you're lucky, they'll soon be able to tell you that the issue is that your proteins are folding in an odd way, and that because of that, your body is slowly degrading.

No, thank you. I'm an adventurous eater. I'll try most things, but nothing that is derived from the nervous system. Not worth it, in my opinion.

Top Cat

Cinnabon. I had a roommate who worked for them, and brought unsold cinnamon rolls home almost every night. I have a sweet tooth, but after a month of that, I'm never going to touch their overly-sweetened, low-quality garbage again.
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

RperSeeker69

I would never eat caviar, crab, Hagis, Indian Food, just nothing too spicy I think for me. Far as fishfood I have eaten but likely wouldn't do again is fish...the smell got to me, lol