You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 06:45:46 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Bethesda Baby naming contest.  (Read 715 times)

Offline WolfyTopic starter

Bethesda Baby naming contest.
« on: February 23, 2011, 10:10:27 PM »
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107977-Bethesda-Ups-Ante-in-Elder-Scrolls-Baby-Naming-Contest

So yeah, apparently Bethesda wasn't joking with their contest...if parents are willing to name their baby "Dovahkiin" (Which means "Dragonborn" in Skyrim's Dragon Alphabet) and Said baby is born on November 11th 2011, said lucky parents will win a Steam ID Key that guarantees them every Bethesda game ever made, Past, present, and future.

Plus apparently also some special loot unlocked in the Skyrim game itself.

What do you think about this, Elliquiy? Think anyone will be crazy enough to go for it? :D Would you do it if there was a similar contest for something else?

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Bethesda Baby naming contest.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 12:16:02 AM »
Right now there are people attempting to get pregnant in some way, shape or form and scheduling a Cesarean delivery for 11/11/11. 

Offline Shjade

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 12:21:43 AM »
I don't think anyone will be crazy enough to force the birth to happen on the right day.

But the naming? Hell yeah, I bet more than a few.

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 01:02:27 AM »
They also have a disclaimer up for the contest:

"Warning: Bethesda Gaming is not responsible for any possible teasing or bullying your child may receive because of the name you have given him/her."

lol

Offline Shjade

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 01:30:09 AM »
Well, hell, it's not like they have to keep the name. Get the Steam ID key, change child's name, done.

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 12:46:42 PM »
That may be true, but still..I'd keep it. Worst comes to worst, they can always just go by "DK" :p

Offline Seara

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 12:54:10 PM »
I know there is a 7-11 here that if you are born on 7-11 and weigh 7lbs 11oz you get free slurpies for life....I know a couple people who were due around that time and tried to make it to have the baby that day. Unfortionatly theone that did succeed on having the baby that day the baby weighed 8lbs 1oz so people will do alot of crazy things. I also know someone who was due on the 2nd of January but scheduled her c-section for  Dec 31st so she could get the tax break

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 01:03:17 PM »
It's like something out of a soap opera but when I was in high school a friend of mine got pregnant.  Her due date was near her grandfather's birthday and her mom scheduled the operation so the baby would be born on that day.  Grandpa had lots of money you see.  I swear, it's the truth.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 01:10:32 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but I get a really twisty feeling in my gut when C-sections are done for convenience reasons alone, never mind when they're done for publicity reasons.

Offline Shjade

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 02:10:26 PM »
I get a really twisty feeling in my gut when C-sections are done for convenience reasons
What'd you think the C was for?

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 02:26:46 PM »
What'd you think the C was for?

EDIT:  I was originally just looking for a picture of the bust, but the expression in this photo was just too perfect not to recaption.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 02:52:19 PM by Oniya »

Offline Xenolord

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 03:16:12 PM »
I would do it. I would do it in a freakin' heartbeat. And everyone I know... KNOWS I WOULD.