You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 04:35:26 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: What's your favorite D&D character class?  (Read 611 times)

Offline AtlasErosTopic starter

What's your favorite D&D character class?
« on: November 11, 2010, 11:56:33 AM »
I noticed several people mentioned playing D&D in my RPG post, so I was wondering what your favorite class or class combination is?

My choices will be listed using the 3.5 rules, which is the version I perfer; although I've played every version of D&D.  My favorite class is Rogue, followed by warrior/mage combination (which takes a lot of classes to pull off well).  I also make certain to always have a god which I'm usually very involved with in one way or another.

Offline MikeH5

Re: What's your favorite D&D character class?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 07:36:40 AM »
Barbarian; I don't know why, but I love the class. I know its not great, but I simply find it to be enormously fun.

Offline Sasha

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 11:17:22 AM »

I only ever played D&D once ...took me awhile to learn the dice rolling system and the square movement . Had a wonderful friend who actually got on the phone and spent several hours with me as he went over all the moves available . While using a D20 dice roller . Another friend helped me create a sheet for the character ...Bertha the brute , I think the name was .  Only issue I had was they made me change the pic for the character since I used a Russian Muscle woman ..bodybuilder ...she was pretty scary looking though .

But I thought she made a GREAT ...Barbarian .

The things you do for your friends , I swear ....unfortunately the Storyteller kind of bailed out on us after a month or so ..was a bummer . Never had the opportunity to play the game again but always wanted to .

Offline HairyHeretic

• Lei varai barbu - The true bearded one
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • And the Scorpion said "Little frog .. I can swim."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 11:28:32 AM »
As far as basic D&D type classes go, I'm kinda torn between the Ranger and the Monk. Ranger was the one I started with, probably based on favorite book characters, Monk came later.

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 11:45:03 AM »
Barbarians & Rangers are both great, I prefer those as warrior types.  Especially Barbarians with really low wis score, they can do all sort of fun poorly thought out actions.  I ripped a troll's head off once in a game & then drank it's blood from the base of it's neck.  The same Barbarian got spooked during storm on a ship upon the high seas & recalling we never made a sacrifice to the god of the ocean took all the parties money & threw it in the ocean.  The looks on the other players faces was priceless.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 04:53:04 PM »
Fighter, because Conan was NOT a D&D style Barbarian (ANY incarnation, except maybe the 2e Kit.  And even then.)

Offline DarklingAlice

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 04:57:03 PM »
A Rogue/Wizard (Diviner) multiclass. I only actually played that in one campaign but it was such a blast.

Offline Aiden

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 07:53:51 PM »
I really like the Paladin class a lot, but first would be rogue.

Offline tuckers02

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 03:58:13 AM »
My favorite class to play is Wizard.  I especially love the Gnome Illusionist, but I also like playing the Dwarf Wizard/Cleric.  That's the most common class I play.

Now, my favorite character I have ever played was a Human Healer (Miniature's Handbook), but that was for the roleplaying.  She (the character) just captivates me.

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 08:11:35 AM »
Fighter, because Conan was NOT a D&D style Barbarian (ANY incarnation, except maybe the 2e Kit.  And even then.)
Conan is actually a mutliclass character.  There is a AD&D module which has stats & classes for Conan, as well as the d20 Conan game which both depict Conan with more than one class.  I believe he had rogue levels in both.

For anyone who hasn't played it, the Conan d20 game is a great low magic, dark fantasy game.