You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 05:43:51 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: What do you watch on TV nowadays?  (Read 5397 times)

Offline redryderTopic starter

• Hens love roosters. Geese love ganders. Everyone else loves Red Ryder!
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • Asparagus is the question, no is the answer.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
What do you watch on TV nowadays?
« on: October 23, 2010, 01:05:34 AM »
I'm someone who makes my living from watching television. So I have to ask: Which shows do you guys watch, if any?

(I didn't see a recent thread about this, so let's consider this a thread specifically for the 2010-11 season! :) )

Offline Fabion

Re: What do you watch on TV nowadays?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 12:18:22 AM »
Now a days i am watching Fear Factor .............Its my favorite show .

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 12:27:51 AM »
The Walking Dead, Supernatural, Lots of SyFy (hate the name btw)

TOTALLY hate reality TV btw.. I think it's a sign of the destruction of creativity in TV programming. I've seen too many shows that 15 years ago would have lasted a season die for 'bad ratings' so that <shudder> Reality programming could be more cheaply used to fill the slot.

If Reality TV had been big when the 1st season of Buffy, or the X-files had come out, we'd have never gotten to see a 2nd season.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 12:30:02 AM by Callie Del Noire »

Offline Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 03:16:57 PM »
The Walking Dead was okay I don't think it's going to stick very long. It's not exactly ground breaking. I watch it for the zombies.

The Good Guys, on Fox. I love that show, love it. It's the funniest thing on T.V.

Pawn Stars. Sure it's technically reality T.V. but it's the good you-learn-stuff kind.

That's about it, Oh wait! Castle. I watch Castle.

Offline Hunter

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 03:19:10 PM »
Anime.  Anime.  Anime.   ;D

Offline meikle

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 03:38:44 PM »
Pawn Stars is the best TV show ever.

Offline Nicholas

• Mr. Nice Guy (or so I am told) :-) Jag's Mulder *muse crack* Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) King of Terrible. Always innocent despite what Caedy says. Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • #JeSuisUnAnge #ReallyIAm #BlameMads
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 03:59:47 PM »
So many! ~laughs~

Navy CIS, CSI New York, The X-Files, Two and a half men, a bit of True Blood recently, Supernatural, Lost, and some other random TV shows here and there. Depends a bit on my mood, and what the boyfriend wants to see.

Offline hntergren

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 04:25:54 PM »
I'm doing a lot of catch up right now. I just caught up with Breaking Bad (will definitely be watching in July) and my next goals are Damages (season 1 was awesome, but then I fell behind) and Justified before the new season starts.

Rubicon, Mad Men, and Warehouse 13 are all finished for the year, but I watched those series "live" this year and I plan on watching them live next season (assuming Rubicon gets a season 2...).

As for those that are currently airing: Supernatural, Fringe, Community, The League, and Terriers. I'm still not sold on Terriers, but I loved The Shield so much that I'll give anything Shawn Ryan is involved with a chance.

I still haven't watched the Walking Dead premiere, but I plan on it.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 01:45:26 PM »
Dr. G., Main Street Mysteries, In Session...

Offline Avis habilis

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 02:49:26 PM »
Ice Road Truckers, The Mentalist, The Daily Show & The Colbert Report. I think that's about everything I catch regularly.

Offline AtlasEros

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 08:27:18 PM »
I watch a lot of MMA: UFC, Strikeforce, Dream, Starkfights & watched a lot of groups that went out of business.

Also, I'm watching: Walking Dead, Bored to Death, Weeds, Dexter, Eastbound & Down, Jersey Shore, Metalacolypse, Boondocks, ATHF, Penn & Teller's Bullshit, Hung, & a few other hbo/sho shows.

Offline Heaven Sent Blossom

• Evil snake cult leader, now with kung-fu grip action!
  • Lord
  • Bacchae
  • Location: Hiding in your bin like a messed up Oscar the Grouch
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 07:51:44 AM »
Smallville is still the show I go out of my way to watch the most (even though I haven't loved season 10 so far, except for the Suicide Squad appearance obviously). Although right now Good Guys is probably my absolute favourite show, shame it's probably going to get cancelled.

Offline Bayushi

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 03:34:22 PM »
Used to be, outside of football I did not watch television at all.

But now:
  • NCIS
  • NCIS: LA
  • Law & Order SVU
  • Law & Order Los Angeles
  • Nikita

I watch these shows weekly, catching an occasional episode of Entourage (on VH1) with one of my roommates. It is probably a good thing that my roommates and I tend to all watch the same shows, especially NCIS and L&O. Nikita was iffy at first, but has grown a fair bit from its beginnings.

Offline Aiden

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 04:01:06 PM »
Glee
Sons Of Anarchy
Hell's Kitchen

Offline Major Major

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 05:33:42 PM »
Pretty much the only thing I watch live on Telly nowadays is Top Gear, otherwise, I watch anime DVDs.

Offline LeonSolidor

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2010, 08:32:12 PM »
I watch three things.

Bones
Hell's kitchen
The Walking Dead

Offline CaringGuy

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2010, 09:19:17 PM »
It's a rare thing that I actually get around to watching television programs as they initially air.  At the moment I'm watching the reboot Battlestar Galactica series, Weeds, Gurren Lagann, and Married with Children on Netflix Streaming.  Nothing new has really grabbed my interest other than 'The Big C', which I've been watching rather religiously and am extremely fond of.  The show hits very close to home, but in the best way possible.

I like to pretend like the new season of Weeds didn't happen, so that show is officially marked off of my DVR list.  Whenever I need my fix, I watch reruns. 

Offline OneLastWish

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2010, 11:58:06 PM »
I didn't realize how much I watch until I sat down to write this! So here we go:

Bones, Fringe, Supernatural, Smallville, Chuck, The Mentalist, Castle, Lie to Me, Glee, Raising Hope, Heartland, Soul Eater, My-HiME (on the last few episodes), True Blood, The Westwing, Deadliest Catch, NCIS, Two and a Half Men, My Name is Earl, How I Met Your Mother, and I have a lot more stuff set up for my Netflix instant queue. :D

Offline Tiaan

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2010, 07:27:13 PM »
I watch Family Guy, although it's just repeats on right now and CSI Miami & New York which are new episodes for the UK. I am sure there must be other things... my flatmate watches some soaps and reality shows but I try to ignore them. Peep Show, which will be starting a new series this week, I will be watching that (for non-UK people it is a very funny series following the antics of a dysfunctional duo of guys who live together, told a lot via internal monologue as the camera films their literal point of view). The Inbetweeners was very funny too but has sadly finished.

Oh and True Blood! Which I am just getting into halfway through the second series and don't know why I didn't get into it sooner. I do have a guilty pleasure in fact which is The Apprentice, although I blame my flatmate for that one, wouldn't have started watching it if it wasn't for her and now I am hooked >.<

Apart from that... downloaded stuff; anime and american shows that don't air in this country, which is TV but not on my TV.

Offline Oniya

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2010, 09:39:34 PM »
I'm someone who makes my living from watching television. So I have to ask: Which shows do you guys watch, if any?

(I didn't see a recent thread about this, so let's consider this a thread specifically for the 2010-11 season! :) )

Since nobody else has commented on it, I just want to say that's got to be a job that's got a heck of a waiting list for openings.

Offline Bentley

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2010, 10:36:17 PM »
I loved Rubicon and like The Walking Dead to a slightly lesser extent. Besides those two, I watch Chuck religiously. I would be watching 30 Rock, Community, Outsourced, and The Office, but I lost track of those during NaNoWriMo.

Survivor is a guility pleasure. I'm always a little surprised when it continues to be renewed.

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2010, 10:43:16 PM »
Anime. Lots and Lots of Anime. Though mostly not on TV. o-o

Offline Pellafin

• I ain't gonna barter or negotiate. All conversation is gonna be handled with bullets.
  • Lord
  • Orgiest
  • Christ, woman, how many men you seeing today?
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2010, 09:57:18 PM »
Chase, Bones, Castle, The Dresden Files, Plus more.....
Family Guy, The Simpsons, American Dad

And when I'm watching T.V. With my daughter we watch Blues Clues, Yo Gabba Gabba, and The Fresh Beat Band

Offline Oniya

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2010, 02:17:06 AM »
Survivor is a guility pleasure. I'm always a little surprised when it continues to be renewed.

Where else can you get a show that has no writers, and a cast that mostly works on the possibility of a paycheck?

Offline Lilias

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2010, 08:01:18 AM »
I work in the same room as the TV, and mostly tune it out. So I suppose I should say what I let go through without blocking it...

Warehouse 13
Fringe
Haven
Eureka
SG-Universe

And a lot of CBeebies... :-[
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 03:11:03 PM by Lilias »