You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 10:09:43 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The battle for Gnomergan has BEGUN!  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Callie Del NoireTopic starter

The battle for Gnomergan has BEGUN!
« on: September 09, 2010, 03:22:37 AM »
If you're a righteous Alliance Player, you've gotten your letter from the High Meckineer and the call to liberate the Gnomish Capital in WoW

What do the horde get to do for the trolls?

Offline Wolfy

Re: The battle for Gnomergan has BEGUN!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 10:29:45 AM »
Liberate the Troll Island.

And really? I need to log on sometime, then...it's been so long since I've logged on..xD

Offline sleepingferret

• Knight
  • Seducer
  • Location: Someplace with warm weather and no silly politicians...oh wait, that'd be my dreams
  • Conflict is inevitable...How we solve it, matters.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 11:30:35 AM »
I'd consider myself a "righteous" Alliance player... but gnomes...pfft aren't those the things the dwarves use for cannon ammunition? :P

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 12:49:03 PM »
I'd consider myself a "righteous" Alliance player... but gnomes...pfft aren't those the things the dwarves use for cannon ammunition? :P

Be nice. Gnomer's boss is the biggest mass murder in the game. The backstory about the instance says he killed like 80% of the gnomish race.

Sadly my highest horde toon is a 60ish dk so I don't get all the fun of doing their taking back of the home islands

Offline sleepingferret

• Knight
  • Seducer
  • Location: Someplace with warm weather and no silly politicians...oh wait, that'd be my dreams
  • Conflict is inevitable...How we solve it, matters.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 05:40:28 PM »
It's practically a tradition to sacrifice a gnome to the WoW Raid gods if things aren't going right...or well if you just want to be evil and punt the poor guy/gal in there in the first place for good luck.  Sacrifice a gnome and for some reason, you seem to end up doing better.

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 05:54:42 PM »
Be nice. Gnomer's boss is the biggest mass murder in the game. The backstory about the instance says he killed like 80% of the gnomish race.

Sadly my highest horde toon is a 60ish dk so I don't get all the fun of doing their taking back of the home islands

Excuse me? The Biggest? With the likes of Illidian Stormrage, The Lich King, The Scource, The Burning Legion (Who, might I add, have destroyed hundreds if not thousands of planets with sentient beings) and Deathwing, the Literally Dragon Of Death and Dying, The Gnomer Boss is like a drop of piss on the side walk in a rain storm.

:P

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 05:58:07 PM »
Excuse me? The Biggest? With the likes of Illidian Stormrage, The Lich King, The Scource, The Burning Legion (Who, might I add, have destroyed hundreds if not thousands of planets with sentient beings) and Deathwing, the Literally Dragon Of Death and Dying, The Gnomer Boss is like a drop of piss on the side walk in a rain storm.

:P
You say that killing 80% of your own species doesn't make you the biggest serial killer/mass murderer?

Offline Kytn

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 06:29:13 PM »
It started?! I have to get online sometime soon! O-O I have both Alliance and Horde toons, so I'm excited to see what happens!

Offline Aiden

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 06:46:40 PM »
The quest are pretty short, but they are pretty cool. I love how they introduce troll druids...I laughed.

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 06:53:50 PM »
The quest are pretty short, but they are pretty cool. I love how they introduce troll druids...I laughed.

I wonder what else is yet to come.

Offline Aiden

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 07:27:55 PM »
I think this is all we get until Cata, except for the revamp to the new talent and stat system which im sure they'll release a week or so before cata release to adjust to the expansion.

I am sure no major content will be added until cata, like the attack on the cities by black dragons etc

Offline Wolfy

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 07:41:55 PM »
Wait..O_o..can trolls already be druids now?

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 07:51:32 PM »
Wait..O_o..can trolls already be druids now?

Not till Cataclysm.. but they are clearly setting the stage for them to show up. Makes me wonder what the Taurens are going to do to show their 'evolution' into Paladins.

<a side note: I never understood how Thrall, the trolls and Tauren would accept the Undead/BEs>

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2010, 07:54:31 PM »
4.0.1 (the pre-Cataclysm talent change) is out on the Public Test Realms. It's all sorts of weird and bizarre.

Offline Kytn

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 08:05:10 PM »
I've heard flying sort of kind of worked for like... three feet or something? o-O

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 09:39:57 PM »
No flying.. no water in the Dranaei region (well no OCEAN).. nothrend looks the same..

Tankadins look to be a rotaion monster it all looks to be focusing on keeping holy power moving

Offline Kytn

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 09:51:30 PM »
I'm tempted to download the test realm client and give it a shot. >>

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 10:28:20 PM »
I'm tempted to download the test realm client and give it a shot. >>
. Lots of bugs waiting to be found!