"This is just getting better and better"
Migdar thought "I wake up in this wasteland, I'm starving and now there's a wolf around!"
- Look Jack, I'm not feeling so good, we better get back to town and warn them of that beast.
- But the light, someone could be in trouble, newbies always have a hard time surviving this place!
- I don't think it would be wise for you to go on your own.
- I'll be fine, just warn the others and tell them to come as fast as they can, tell them that I insisted in going alone and tell them we need to find that lurk guy!
- Yeah... I will... - Migdar said wondering if Lurk was indeed a werewolf.
The hunger was overwhelming him, his clothing felt like it weighted a ton but the village was almost within reach but before Migdar arrived it he heard screams not far and smelled... "Blood!"
Migdar was suffering from a bad case of blood deprivation and suddenly the beast awoke and overcame him, he started hyperventilating, he's fang were showing and his eyes became blood red.
Following the scent of blood. Migdar rushed towards some silhouettes fighting in the dark, there was a man and a woman, the man had a club and was swinging around, trying to hit some black creatures, the woman was lying on the ground.
The creatures looked like shadows with claws and strange shadowy lines following their movements.
The frenzied Migdar rushed towards the man pushing the black creatures away, the creatures now attacked Migdar too and it was pitch black tonight.
- *Gasping* Who-Who's there? *Hargh!* - Cried the man being bitten by one of the black creatures but Migdar was drowned in is frenzied state and acted growling like an animal, the creatures attacking Migdar were many and not very strong but their nocturnal vision gave them an edge, fortunately Migdar also had nocturnal vision and in his frenzied state, he was stronger and faster.
Before reaching the man Migdar killed at least 3 of the creatures viciously, who vanished in black smoke and shadow lines shortly after, without stopping his course and trampling any creatures that stood in his way, he grabbed the man from the neck and slammed him into the ground.
- *Harrgh!* - The man cried unable to realize what was really happening.
Migdar hissed opening his mouth, he punched another black creature that jumped to Migdar's back and immediately bared his fangs on the mans neck, sucking him dry. Inhaling deeply he was struck by the realization of what he just did, he let the beast take over and now killed a human, the act of killing a human attracted too much attention and was degrading for those of his clan, they used humans like puppets and nourishment, but never fed on them like animals until they were dry and dead. They were not animals, Migdar was not an animal!
The woman was on the ground, being beaten by some of the remaining creatures, as lords of the night, vampires and mostly those of his clan, protected their territory from other supernatural predators, the humans were not significant but those within their territory belonged to the vampires, and so, the vampires protect their humans.
In an act of redemption Migdar flashed towards the creatures, he grabbed one from behind and snapped the neck, the other two realizing the new threat, attacked him but without success as Migdar dispose of them rather easily.
The woman was laying on the ground, bleeding allot and almost dead.- I-I Don't wan't to die...
Analyzing her, and concluding that it would not be possible to heal her naturally.
- I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do...- P-please I Don't want to die *cough* *Cough*
Ashamed of what he did before, He wanted to save this woman as an act of redemption, but the alternative of letting her die could be as degrading as killing for him, he had to be sure...
- Are you willing to do anything, to live? Even if you lose part of your free will?- Please!
Migdar bitted is own wrist and brushed it in her mouth.
- Drink this and you'll live.
She obeyed him, drank and collapsed... waking up a few hours afterwards, her wounds were healed, the night was bright and clear and the weight of the heavy gravity wasn't as strong as usual. She stood up and looked around her, her friend was dead, killed by those black creatures, or at least she thought. She wanted to see her savior and he was nowhere near, she wanted to thank him, actually she needed to... She desperately needed to thank him and despite that he was nowhere to be found, strangely, she could feel him, and not far, she started walking towards the village certain that he was there, as if following a scent or an invisible trail that only she could feel.