You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 01:58:58 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: About "Marquee"...  (Read 565 times)

Offline Spookie MonsterTopic starter

About "Marquee"...
« on: December 09, 2006, 10:30:03 AM »
First, I hope that I'm not repeating something that's already been mentioned on this board.  I also hope that I'm not stating the obvious.  I'm a lover and a fighter, not a computer guy; please be gentle with me and tolerate my inability to use technical terms and express technical ideas.

Second, I acknowledge how unimportant this issue probably is.  I'd simply like to mention it in the interest of thoroughness.  And hey, who knows? - maybe it turns out to be indicative of a bigger problem after all.

Anyway, the issue appears to be this:

When using "Marquee" with "Bold," "Italics," or other forms of JavaScript, the other forms of JavaScript must be noted within the "Marquee" markups; otherwise, they won't work properly.

If I use only "Marquee" and "Bold" markups, for example,

test

is the result of using the "Marquee" markups outside of the "Bold" markups, while

test
[/b]

is the result of using the "Bold" markups outside of the "Marquee" markups.

This might apply to forms of JavaScript beyond "Marquee," too - I'm not sure, because I didn't test them all.

I hope that that's clear.  I also hope that I'm not wasting anybody's time.  Thanks for your attention. :)

Maybe this '08 campaign is finally getting to me... ;D

Spel

Offline Lilac

Re: About "Marquee"...
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 10:34:50 AM »
...bold and italics are old html standards, and have nothing to do with javascript >_>

Anyway, marquee use deserves a spanking.  Or, if the subject likes spankings, a probation from them. >_>

Offline Spookie MonsterTopic starter

Re: About "Marquee"...
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 11:10:41 AM »
...bold and italics are old html standards, and have nothing to do with javascript >_>

Umm... yes... of course... ;D

Anyway, marquee use deserves a spanking.  Or, if the subject likes spankings, a probation from them. >_>

Uh oh...

Heh.  Whatever the case, just thought that I should mention it.  Thanks for the reply! :)

Spel