Remy "Gambit" LeBeau and the "X-Ternals"

Started by Stan', August 27, 2010, 09:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan'

I'm back in a comic-book mood again.  Was watching classic episodes of X-Men, and it revolved around a small group of X-Men travelling back in time from a dystopian future to prevent the murder of Charles Xavier.  The future was populated with Sentinels and other mutant-hunting robots, and the X-Men are alternate versions of themselves.

I'm wanting to play as Remy "Gambit" LeBeau, who has walked away from the X-Men and formed his own team -- The X-Ternals.  This is obviously influenced by Age of Apocalypse.  There's four or five roles needing filled in the team, who are a small resistance group that is fighting against the ever-menacing Sentinels [amongst other things].  No anime pictures.

-----
Name: Remy Etienne LeBeau
Alias: Gambit
Affiliation: X-Ternals

Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 12st 10lb
Eyes: Red
Hair: Brown

Origin: New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.A.

Important Info: Abandoned at birth, Remy was trained by the Thieves Guild of New Orleans, before joining the X-Men.  However, a big disagreement resulted in the Cajun walking away from Xavier's mutants, and forming his own team based in New Orleans -- The X-Ternals.  A womanizer and a gambler, he has a fondness for trenchcoats, however impractical they may be for fighting in.  His unusual black-and-red eyes are light-sensitive, and thus bright lights are extremely damaging to him.

Mutation: Remy LeBeau is capable of "charging" -- or tapping -- in to the kinetic potential of an object, causing it to explode.  His favourite method of using his ability is to use playing cards and knives, which he can use to devastating effect with pin-point accuracy.  He also uses his bo staff, which is usually charged as well.  Gambit possesses a hypnotic charm, which can convince weak-minded individuals to do as he wants.

Appearance/Costume: His costume consists of a black and magenta-coloured bodysuit, metal knee-high boots and a trenchcoat.  Sometimes wears a scarf wrapped round his neck.

leechtamer

I, for one, would be very interested. Would it be in AOA world, or just one like it?

Stan'

I'm guessing one similar.

Mainly due to the fact that only the die-hards really know much about it.

Whereas many casual fans can join in without having to do much research.

kingOFcalifornication

Stan'

Updated with Gambit's biography.  Just copy and paste in your own information.