So i've sorted my life out and have caught the writing bug once more. Clearly evident as i write this 30 mins before i have to go to class. Anyways, i'm in a Middle Ages class write now and gave a three hour presentation on Joinvilles The Life of Saint Louis. This deals with the 6th and 7th Crusades i believe. And last night in the same class we watched Kingdom of Heaven. I've always been fascinated with the Crusades and all (i think i get that from my dad) and was thinking it could be interesting to have a game set around the same time period that Kingdom of Heaven is set...aka Jerusalem is held by Christians, the Muslims are starting to be 'unified' by Saladin, and Crusaders of all sorts are arriving in Jerusalem.
Historically, a lot of Crusaders who had been in the Mid East for a while had 'gone native' and a lot had turned into Muslims. It was really the new Crusaders, freshly arriving, that were all gung-ho and wanted to kill everyone.
Now, this is to gauge interest for the game and discuss it a bit before anything for certain is created. But i was thinking like this:
1. Jerusalem and Damascus are the two main cities. The first for the Christians, the latter for Saladin and his Army.
2. Knights, Lords, King of Jerusalem, Merchants, etc
3. Emirs, Halca, Sultan, Vizier, Merchants, etc
4. Harem Girls, Princess, Daughters of Lords, Wives, etc
5. A-Historical - use the setting but doesnt have to follow events. Perhaps there is war but they are trying to come to Peace agreements? Some are for this, others are against
6. Combat for those who wish it, Court Intrigue/Politics for others.
7. A-day-in-the-life-of type of thing.