You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 10:02:42 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: World of Darkness seeks players [EX]  (Read 3589 times)

Offline AncientMaster

Re: A [EX (everything goes)] World of Darkness game... lets play!!!
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2010, 07:33:44 AM »
sure i would like to play a vamp i'll post it in the OOC/bio forum

Offline DeviantMunster

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2010, 08:44:35 AM »
Just making a comment that I'm still interested! Please bear with my utterly slow bio making >.<

Offline Lord of ShadowsTopic starter

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2010, 10:20:11 AM »
Just making a comment that I'm still interested! Please bear with my utterly slow bio making >.<

It is ok :) first character hasn't started to play yet... even if it is close now.

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2010, 06:22:55 AM »
And the first player is off - being a ghoul to a vampire...

Offline WerewolfofLondon

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2010, 12:27:18 PM »
Sure no problem, any special type you would wish to turn into? Werewolf perhaps?

Are Werewolves not born like in old WoD? I was thinking of letting the rp take me where-ever it wants, see what happens!

Offline WerewolfofLondon

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2010, 12:43:00 PM »
Are Werewolves not born like in old WoD? I was thinking of letting the rp take me where-ever it wants, see what happens!

EDIT: Have decided to start as Werewolf Kin. So that a number of things could still happen to the character species wise, or she could just have her first change.

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2010, 12:52:56 PM »
To answer your question, yes werewolves are born just as in Apocalypse but there stops most of the similarities regarding that issue.

Starting as a Wolf-blooded or a future first change sounds as an excellent start.

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2010, 01:58:16 PM »
Just wanted to point out that just because someone already have picked vampire doesn't stop someone else to play one.

Offline Marvin

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2010, 02:34:17 AM »
Bring hoards of them ;)

Offline Niki315

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2010, 11:37:27 AM »
So is there already a ghoul?  I was going to play a ghoul ^^  I guess maybe I'll go with a Vampire then, though I have to look up the rules again.  My friend has all of my books currently...  That or maybe just a good ol' human caught up in the Danse Macabre as a servant.  Are there any vampires currently?

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2010, 11:12:36 PM »
You want to play a ghoul? Or a vampire? Feel free to come in with a suggestion.

Offline Niki315

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2010, 11:20:03 PM »
I was thinking about making either a Daeva/Torreador that was in torpor for a few decades to bring down her potency, but she was a subordinate for a higher up in Invictus.  It'd be a little more difficult to put that together on starting points.  That's why I was thinking a ghoul that was maybe connected to a Daeva type. 

My other concept is a Mekhet in the Carthian Movement.  This one would be a little more independent and probably only 30 years dead or so, which would be more feasible.  Basically, I'm having trouble deciding between the concepts... c.c

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2010, 11:20:59 PM »
I know those problems  ;D

Offline Cold Heritage

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2010, 03:18:29 AM »
I was thinking of either a werewolf or a storm bear. Do you think that one of those would be better to try and develop for this game? I am happy playing either, but if one of them would have a merit or simply be preferred, I am happy to be guided in that manner.

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2010, 03:21:11 AM »
Since we do have an Irraka playing already as long as you can play with her you would be fine with which you feel like.

Offline Kate

« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2010, 08:27:10 AM »
any room of a centauress hermaphrodite ? If it goes against the feel of the place that is ok (i dont own these books but i am familiar with fantasy role play - I dont mind if the storyteller god-modes my decisions or actions during fights). I adore role playing with other girls - if my character puts them off im happy to back out.

« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2010, 10:03:15 AM »
any room of a centauress hermaphrodite ? If it goes against the feel of the place that is ok (i dont own these books but i am familiar with fantasy role play - I dont mind if the storyteller god-modes my decisions or actions during fights). I adore role playing with other girls - if my character puts them off im happy to back out.

I think that would be a horse shifter or maybe a changeling... please PM me and we can talk through the details.

Offline Marvin

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2010, 04:02:54 AM »
I wouldn't mind ghoul friendlies, or Vamps for that matter... The more the merrier ;)

Offline MingMing

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2010, 06:58:21 AM »
Alas... if only this was a Old WoD game... I miss the setting, it was so much more multi-cultural than the new WoD.

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2010, 07:08:56 AM »
In a way yes depending on which game you are referring to. Vampire I agree with you fully, Changeling... not as much.

Offline MingMing

« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2010, 07:33:34 AM »
Yea...  sort of.  There was Land of Ten Million Dreams after all.  :-)

But I mean, is that new WoD has none of the Asian alternative flavors of the old WoD and is in fact very Judeo-Christian oriented and Western mythos oriented.   No real chances to play stuff from the East without being just a pale copy of something created and derived of in the West.  Kinda demeaning really.

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2010, 08:08:27 AM »
Yes I think there is... I believe there are a few Asian blood lines out there and I believe they made an Asian chapter for Changelings... as for the rest... well no idea but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Re: World of Darkness seeks players [EX]
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2010, 01:21:42 AM »
At this moment we are a young game with three players in it - a hunter, a werewolf and a ghoul, I take in most things but it would help the game if more of those types got playing :)

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2010, 12:23:49 AM »
Added links in the first post so you can find the game easier.

Offline DeviantMunster

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2010, 12:34:32 AM »
I disagree fully with nWoD not being multi cultural! The only thing I believe it's suffering in is with vampires specifically. I much prefer the Masquerade over the Requiem. Yet werewolves have never really been a western thing, at least how they're portrayed in this game. Also, there's Asian influence in many of the Immortals, specifically the Purified~