First of all, if you're reading this thread, thank you for showing interest and I hope something catches your fancy!
The first thing you should do is check out my Offs and Ons
in my signature. If you're not into the same things I'm into or vice versa then you might as well stop reading. Also, it helps if you have an O&O thread of your own. If you don't, please tell me what you like. If you come into the RP with the kind of woman I like, then I will give you the kind of man you find attractive.
Please keep in mind that spelling, grammar and creativity are VERY important to me. I am a nice and friendly person, but I have been called "snobby" before. I prefer "exclusive."
Also, any of these ideas are up for questions, comments, tweaking and so forth. If we RP, it's as much for your enjoyment as mine.
Lastly, I am just one man and there is only so much of me to go around. I will be limiting myself to between 1-3 threads at a time. (Keep in mind I try to post at least
every other day.) I will update this thread and my signature accordingly to let you know when I am looking for new threads and when I have enough on my plate.I am currently unavailable for new threads.Active Threads:Foreign Land, Native Beauty
with LiliasWar and Love in Warsaw
with DaylillyThe White Oleander
with GnothiSeautonSold to the Highest Bidder
with GnothiSeautonInactive Threads:Teach Me
with ReyneAt Love At War
with AuraPlot Ideas
1. He's a Peace Corps trainee in an foreign country, fresh out of college and typically idealistic. She's a native girl in his training site who works in the little general store near the school where he receives his language lessons and is taught how to teach English. As he's learned her language, they've started to flirt back and forth, although they both think nothing will come of it. It may be that her culture holds that marriage has to come before... well, everything. Or it may be the fact that he's about to be sent off to the village where he'll spend the next two years teaching. Maybe it's both. Will she work up the courage to disobey what her society demands of her so she can see him one last time before he leaves? Or will he follow his heart and entice her to meet him somewhere after dark, where he'll confess his growing feelings for her? We can work out the country and everything later, and if you're actually from a country where the Peace Corps might be active, all the better!
2. They are both seniors at an American school in a predominantly Arab country in the Middle East. He's the American-born son of a engineer who specializes in drilling for oil and she's the daughter of a wealthy local. They both have had crushes on one another, but due to the conservative culture of the country, students are not allowed to even wear shorts, much less date one another or hold hands publicly. It's the night after graduation and he's going to a liberal arts school in the Midwest while she's going to a business school in the Ivy League. They're both at a party and find themselves alone. Will romance blossom at the last opportunity between them?
3. It's World War II -- specifically, Europe in 1944 or 1945. It might be France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Germany... He's had enough of war and has deserted his unit. He just wants to live in peace until all the fighting's over. He's moving through the countryside, looking for simple shelter and food, and he comes across a small farm... where she lives. She might be a widow, still young and attractive, trying to live on her own since her husband died. She might be a farmer's daughter, shy but curious. She finds him scavenging on the farm and, while at first they are distrustful of one another, there is chemistry between them and something grows. Is it love or just lust? Maybe they're just lonely in a world that's gone crazy with war. (Actually, this could be the Pacific too, with a small Pacific Island instead of the European countryside.)
4. They used to be friends in high school. He was the shy, nerdy type and she was the popular and attractive cheerleader. They both grew up and moved away, but followed different paths. He went to college as an honors student, earned high grades and took a few years off to backpack around Europe. Unfortunately, when he came back to the United States, the economy collapsed and he had no choice but to move back in with his parents. She started working retail, where she met some people who were into drugs. She got addicted (to meth, cocaine, MDMA, whatever) and was living the life of a junkie for a long time. She finally cleaned herself up and has moved back home with her parents. Now the two friends are reunited back home in their small town. They find strength in reigniting their old friendship and they also find an attraction growing between them. (For my benefit at least, we'll assume that she looks attractive for a recovering junkie.
5. She's a P.E. teacher at the high school -- VERY in shape, so much so that, even though she's attractive, some idiots joke behind her back that she's "a little too buff". He's a nerdy type of guy, not very interested in sports. He has a crush on her and is always staying after class (which happens to be the last of the day on Friday) to help her put up balls, pull out the folding bleachers, and so forth. Maybe he lets slip how he feels about her, or maybe she's just feeling like it's been a long, long time since she was last with a guy. I mean, the kid's 18, and just because he's not into sports doesn't mean he doesn't have a lean, attractive body... You can guess what happens next.