You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 04:52:03 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Interest check - Late 50's, 60's suburban/office roleplay?  (Read 614 times)

Offline PtolemyTopic starter

Interest check - Late 50's, 60's suburban/office roleplay?
« on: February 02, 2010, 10:50:38 AM »
I'l try to keep this relatively short. If any of you have the AMC TV show Mad Men (I'm guessing most of you've already have, seeing as it's a rather excellent show). Basically, it's the late 50's and early 60's and it would take place in the US. Society back then was a lot different - genders weren't equal, men could comment on a women's looks with no negative reprocussions, sometimes even it was encouraged. Though, there were beatniks, and that crazy, jungle music they call Rock & Roll was rather popular with the young 'uns.  I would highly recommend reading up on those years, or just simply watch a show that's based around those times.

The scenes would be set in a suburban 'paradise', or in an large New York office, or even both. The size of the group will depend on how many people want to play. Of course, everything isn't set in stone, feedback and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Beatrice Black

Re: Interest check - Late 50's, 60's suburban/office roleplay?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 06:27:12 PM »
I'd be very interested, if you don't mind me playing a woman.

Online swiggy3000

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 09:33:44 PM »
I'm incredibly interested if you don't mind me playing a woman too lol

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 11:36:12 AM »
Great! I don't mind anything. We are roleplaying after all, and if you want to play a more different role, it's completely fine by me.  Of course, I want to get a couple of more people. At least three to six more. Hopefully we'l get a few, but if not, we'l start anyway.

Is anybody up to the task?

Offline Beatrice Black

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 06:43:21 AM »
Great! I don't mind anything. We are roleplaying after all, and if you want to play a more different role, it's completely fine by me. 

I'm glad to hear it, thank you.

Now, are we thinking office or home more? Mad Men follows Don between both, but for a female role either/or would be important. (Unless I played a part in each setting...)

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 07:44:25 AM »
I'm glad to hear it, thank you.

Now, are we thinking office or home more? Mad Men follows Don between both, but for a female role either/or would be important. (Unless I played a part in each setting...)

Because of our small amount of people playing, I would think an office setting would be best.

We still need at least two more people, though.

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 12:55:17 PM »
Still looking for people. It's going to be fun, trust me.