You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 10:10:20 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: [BUG REPORT] My username sorta, kinda, didn't exist  (Read 553 times)

Offline SchrödingerTopic starter

[BUG REPORT] My username sorta, kinda, didn't exist
« on: January 21, 2010, 09:23:04 AM »
So the forums have logged me out. Alright, no biggy, that's quite alright, maybe ticking the 'keep me logged in' ought to work normally next time around. So I type in my username of Schrödinger.
Username does not exist.
Alright, odd, maybe it's a fetch-all error report, let's try it again with my myriad of other passwords.
Username does not exist.
Okay, now I'm worried. So I try again, this time with the originally wrong username of Shrödinger, without the letter C. Back when I signed up, you see, I made the unfortunate mistake of registering with that mistyped name. Silly a mistake, I'm sure, and thankfully very quickly fixed before I was approved by one of the helpful mods of this fine site.

Lo and behold, I could register and log in normally to Elliquiy with the username Shrödinger, but not my (altered, fixed at that!) username Schrödinger. The irony of the matter wasn't quite lost on me, but I'm curious, is this a limitation of the forum's coding, and is there any way to fix that at all?

Offline Bliss

Re: [BUG REPORT] My username sorta, kinda, didn't exist
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 09:27:09 AM »
It's pretty simple, actually; your display name is now Schrödinger. But your username, as chosen upon signup, will always be Shrödinger. Until recently, members were able to change their own usernames; some did so frequently as pranks. Others tended to do so for holidays. The coding as such that while your display name can change, your base username will always be the same, and nobody else can use it.

So you'll always log in as Shrödinger, even though you're Schrödinger in all other respects.

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 09:34:06 AM »
Verify that your e-mail works and I can change it. It resets your password.

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 09:42:32 AM »
Yeah, that makes sense, Bliss.

Verify that your e-mail works and I can change it. It resets your password.
Verified to be working!

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 10:50:21 AM »
Thanks again, Vekseid. But now I lost the umlaut  :-(

Ah well.

EDIT: Much better. Logging in without the umlaut may be easier, anyway, so that's enough of a hassle from one user. Thanks again  :-)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 10:58:25 AM by Schrödinger »

Offline Trieste

• Faerie Queen; Her Imperial Lubemajesty; Willing Victim
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: In the middle of Happily Ever After with a dark Prince Charming.
  • I am many things - dull is not one of them.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 10:57:51 AM »
I fixed it so it has the umlaut again, although you'll have to log in with the un-umlauted name.

Now poke us no further with your petty name-woes, mortal. Should be fixski. >.>