You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 07:37:00 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Wireless Router Blues  (Read 442 times)

Offline RyhanaTopic starter

Wireless Router Blues
« on: December 14, 2009, 09:05:10 AM »
Okey need some help from any lovely wonderful awesome techie type people out there!
And well didn't know where else to put it...but help seemed like the best...if not feel free to move it mod peps!

Anywho, heres what is going on (or wrong):

Periodically during the day (normally once in the morning, once in the afternoon maybe, and once again at night sometime) the wireless router that my family has will drop all wireless connections. And to be able to reconnect we have to restart the thing. Anyone have any clue as to why this might be happening?

A quick run down of somethings that I think you might need to know (not sure O.O)

Its a Verizon Model327W router, with a three inch or so antenna thing.

Theres two computers hooked hard line into it, one of them through one of those "plug this thing in an electric outlet down here and this one up here and viola instant 'hardline connection' without 30ft of cable!"

on to the list of things that are hooked up wirelessly:

Two Laptops
-One running Vista
-One running Ubuntu
(There used to be two more laptops, but both of them have been turned off permanent like due to other technical difficulties0

Two Ipod Touches
-One First Generation
-One Second Generation

Two Nintendo Wiis

A Xbox360

A PS3

A PSP

A Nintendo DS

Aaaaaand I think thats everything...

Offline Vekseid

Re: Wireless Router Blues
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 10:42:38 AM »
Is the router also your modem? Is it a Westell?

I was forced to solve that by acquiring a new router, unfortunately. But it was a much better router, so... >_> Sometimes they fix it in firmware, but it is certainly a problem with the router itself.

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 11:08:31 AM »

Firmware >.< Note to self...check firmware before freaking out.

*sigh* its times like these that remind me that I really really really need to stop assuming alot about computers and stuff >.<

I'll check that out...thanks Vekseid!! And if it doesn't work...well then I know what I'm going out to buy!

Offline Cecilia

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 12:45:40 PM »
I also had a Verizon router that dropped signal all the time--several times a day.  And, my iphone required the WEP every time it did it.   

I have a new router as of Friday, and I haven't been online enough to know if the new router makes a difference though. (Also switched from DSL to FIOS at the same time, so maybe no comparison after all.)

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 01:45:17 PM »
okey...tried to see about a firmware update...and right now all that I've accomplished is I want to go to my local verizon store and strangle someone >.>

I'll try again later when I've calmed down and the one with all the passwords is home >.<