You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 21, 2016, 10:36:20 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: MS Office 2010 Beta  (Read 462 times)

Offline TorchTopic starter

• Pay no attention to the woman behind the curtain/Trieste's sarcasm buddy
  • Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • "Soul meets soul on lovers' lips." P.B. Shelley
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
MS Office 2010 Beta
« on: December 03, 2009, 09:30:38 PM »
Has anyone DL'd this? I've been mulling it over, but wanted some feedback before taking the plunge.

Anyone? Bueller, Bueller? Anyone?

Offline Lilias

• La Que Sabe ~ MelinoŽ ~ Khaleesi Vosi ~ The Unforgiving
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • The night is dark and full of terrors
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Re: MS Office 2010 Beta
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 07:11:15 AM »
I'm leery of beta products because I don't like being treated like a guinea pig. Fun apps are one thing, but I know I'd get mightily PO'd if I lost work because my word editor hiccuped.

So I'm sticking to Open Office for the foreseeable future.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 11:42:35 AM »
I'd also be wary about taking part in a beta where the work that I do while testing might become inaccessible afterward.  When my husband got his laptop, it had Word 2007 preinstalled on it.  Since it opened his previous documents that he'd made on my computer (which has a legit copy of Word 2000 on it), he went ahead and opened, edited and saved documents.

Fast forward a bit.  He starts getting messages that he only has X number of uses left for Word 2007.  When he calls the laptop people, they tell him it was a limited use installation, and he'd have to pay $XXX to get the unlimited use version.  Thankfully, there were backups still on my machine, and the changes he'd made were relatively easy to re-construct.

Offline AlexanderSedai

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 06:24:25 PM »
I run this for work and it works quite well.  The 64bit version had some issues with my ati laptop - the cursor went crazy - but the 32bit runs just fine.  New interface, but all in all not bad.  Moved Groove over to a sharepoint app - but that's not bad.

I run it on 64bit windows 7 and XP 32bit.

Yes it may screw up but i've not had any issues sooo... It's a free version of office for you =)

Offline Spell

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 08:43:41 AM »
I am tempted to give it a go, however, I have completely familiarized myself with the previos version of Office (More specifically, Powerpoint, Excel, Word). Are there alot of differences in use and interface? An improvement is always nice, but I don't want to bother finding everything from the start again.